Schlumberger

3.4Work–Life Balance
4.0Pay & Benefits

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,529 reviews

Provided tremendous learning opportunities

Schlumberger provided great training for it's employees which involved travelling a lot and seeing a lot of different places. The hours were very long and unpredictable.

Good in people development

As oil and gas service company, Schlumberger is a good place to gain experience in oil and gas industry. The training program is very good and the salary and benefits as well are interesting.

work horse

cement hand working almost 100 hours a week with minimal pay. Br prepared to work joining field operations for a service company. Pay was minimal until you hit double time.

Pros

Experience, paid training

Cons

work life balance terrible

Productive Company

*Company benefits are great. *If you are a hard worker you will advance the company quickly. *Schlumberger sent you to school to learn and always be on top of the newest equipment coming out. *Rewarded employees with yearly bonuses. Things that were hard were moving every 18 months.

Ping pong

First my job was in MISWACO company ,it'is good company.it's giving the power in my work life, The labores is very good !!!!!

Pros

free lunch

Cons

healthcare

Hard working environment with excellent benefits

A typical day at work is out in the field which will include 16 hour days and often times working night shift. There is very little work/life balance when in the field. I have learned the importance of time management in both my personal life and directly in the work I do. I enjoy my co-workers as they are very hard working and management leads this work ethic through example. The hardest part of my job is working in the Northwestern corner of North Dakota away from my loved ones and often times outside in the harsh weather. The best part of my job is the knowledge base I've received from the hands on experience. Both technically and operationally, I have a broad understanding of hydraulic fracturing and the specific fluid systems Schlumberger offers for clients. With this specific knowledge in hydraulic fracturing itself; comes a general understanding of down hole conditions and the entire drilling/completions/production process in general.

Pros

2 weeks on/1 week off schedule, Excellent benefits, Internation travel opportunites, Hands on experience.

Cons

Location. Long hours.