Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 2,738 reviews
Not a family first company
Labourer - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Benalla VIC15 April 2018
If you dont do over time or what they ask of you even if you have a family and a life outside of work they put pressure on wether you should be working for them.
Pros
Work mates are good
Very Political Management Games
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 February 2018
Difficult place to work in due the political chalanges and empire building throughout the senior management levels.

Good diversity of employees & integration.
Very capable & dedicated teams of good people.

SE Internal Business Units (BU) are difficult to integrate to provide a totoal solution therefore margins are erroded through xBU inefficiencies.
Pros
nice clean working environment, close to shopping mall & train station
Cons
Long hours, travel could be a royal pain, Not enough car parking spaces, Management Politics, Career advancement limited in middle to lower rnaks, the SE 5 star rated building is uncomfortable ... hot in summer and cold in winter
Great Place to work
Dispatch Manager, VIC (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 January 2018
Schneider is a great company to work for, offered good challenges and supported me in my career, loved the SE culture of continuous improvement and customer focus.
Could be a much better Project Company
Senior Submission Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 December 2017
Management and business unit structure is fragmented, making it very difficult to pull together winning bids across multiple Business Units. Australian operation is more aligned to transactional rather than project business.
An excellent Company to work for
Type 1 Security Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Brindabella park ACT9 November 2017
Schneider cares for all of its workers. They may lack a few things but when there are issues they back you up.

There is a family like atmosphere here.
Pros
Private use of vehicle
Cons
Antiquated paperwork systems
Fun workplace with workmates
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Pick and pack7 November 2017
- I learned a lot
- had understanding of electricity things
-fun sometimes
- busy as job
-perfect trainer
-light good to pick
-clean environment
-always on target
Pros
free coffee
Cons
enough break times
Supply Chain Model
International Transport Manager AOE / GSC Pacific (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 October 2017
Best in class supply chain model
Competitive environment
Great training
Cross functional model
Customer centric
Focus on Lean Six Sigma practices globally
digitalization
Credit Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Gepps Cross SA30 August 2017
the world is Digitalization, Schneider is on board, customers for quicker and better ordering process purchase orders/ delivery and quotes/ contracts
Pros
recognition for length of service
Cons
moving departments offshore
Enjoyable and challenging place to work.
Methods / process / industrial engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 July 2017
A typical day would be busy but organised. I am only in my current position because Iwas encouraged at Schneider to improve and challenge myself. I started as a supervisor and worked my way up to being an integral part of the methods team. I worked for several bosses that were more like mentors than managers. This is the reason I stayed 15 years.
Pros
Very good work conditions
Varied and interesting role in a fast paced workplace
Commercial Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Adelaide15 July 2017
Worked here as a temp and really enjoyed the role - learned a lot and developed my skills greatly in a short space of time. Many aspects of the role which kept it interesting. Large team in an office of about 50 people. I would have happily continued with the role and would look to do a similar role in future.
Safe workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA10 July 2017
Reasonable employer good salary, too frequent changes in structure, and hence redundancies.
I would work there again if given the chance,
Chance to improve your skills with internal training course but have found them little benefit securing me work, due to the fact they are not nationally accredited courses., this is a shame as the content is of a high standard and relevant to today's business world.
Pros
Good pay work enviroment
Cons
To frequent structure changes
Lacking Direction
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Notting Hill VIC26 June 2017
The management are lacking in leadership, direction and drive to succeed. They appear to be unaware of market drivers and the direction the market is heading, which would explain why they can not execute a successful sales strategy.

It was de-motivating working in this environment and it lead to very low moral and no job satisfaction.

I was glad to leave
Pros
Lots of potential if they can get their act together
Cons
To much control from corporate and a overall lack of freedom to one's job
Good multinational company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA30 May 2017
-Good organisation to work for
-Good compensation for employees
-Provides good advancement opportunities
-Good interaction within the different disciplines of the business
Cutting Edge Company
Head of Real Estate and Building Services (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2017
Schneider Electric is the 2nd largest energy management company in the world. Even so, there is continuous change which means that you do not get bored of the job or the environment that you work in.

SE does look after it's staff well and has a 'Healthy, Wealthy, Wise' program assisting in everything from private health insurance and fitness programs to issues within the office.

Moving towards agile workplace, there will be many new changes over the next few years
Pros
Employee share buy schemes, nice offices
Cons
can become a little impersonal
n/a
Continuous Improvement Manager, Simplify Program (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW8 March 2017
Great company to work for.
Good people
Good culture
Good safe place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 February 2017
Good company to work for with good people/team. Good place to learn new skills and develpoe and opportunities to grow in the company. Safety standards are high also.
Nice work place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney25 January 2017
Flexible work hours, Good Salary and close to home. lack of team work due to the structure of the company with each division had individual goals and targets
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible work hours, work life balance
Cons
Lack of team work
Friendly office working culture.
Control System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA10 January 2017
Work busy in a good team enviroment.

Learning by doing, I have new discover everyday.

1 project management, 2 principle engineers and a couple of engineers group the team.

Communication is always the first thing when you try to deliver your job, and my co-workers always give me info as much as they can.

Hardest part of the job is to understand the production process and apply it to your job.

I feel enjoyable when I use the new knowledge I have learned to my job, I never feel that hungry to learn and practice more.
Learn and grow at the same time
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC14 December 2016
Its nice when the people that run the company care just as much about you as you do, excellent people management.
Also a plus having an employer that is looking for more ways to go green and save the environment, overall a great workplace to foster imagination and development.
Pros
Company cars and excellent remuneration.
Cons
Overtime expected of you during busy times.
Great people to work with in all departments
Claims Dispute Resolution Officer (Former Employee) –  Gepps Cross SA4 December 2016
Great people to work with. However, constant restructuring/changes does not provide certainty or job security.

Very customer focused, which is great - providing excellent customer service
Pros
On site Cafe
Cons
Going through a period of constant changes and restructuring - no real job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

41K