Schneider Electric
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Australia59 reviews
Great people and products and have the potential to do so much in many different industries with a lot of different products and always looking to increase their market value with their international footprint in the world.
Good place to work. Schneider look after their employees very well. Schneider give you ownership and you work like an owner. Very balanced work life. Excellent environment.
Pros
Flexibility, relaxed, multicultural
Cons
Nothing so far
Solutions Engineer for the security industry i.e. Access Control and CCTV integrated systems, including third party integrations.
Digitisation is the future and open systems platform to connect all products and services everywhere.

Management are transparent and provide good company strategy and coaching.

Good core values company.

Flexible working and leave conditions

Good learning opportunities
Pros
Super people work here with a can do attitude, good culture and good learning opportunities!
Cons
Workload may be excessive at times
After been working for 6 months, They terminated my work without any valid reason. To be very honestly, I worked real hard as a high reach forklift driver in inbound at Ingleburn Schneider electric. I always presented myself at work on time with out taking day off without any valid reason. I always achieved my target (in put aways). Even I showed my interest in company for further training.
Buteamleader will simply say to me I am too demanding . AAndvAnleaderteam lwa
Pros
Stereotype, prefer people who butter them up all the times, most permanent old employee are very rude and disrespectful with new casual employees
Fantastic to learn new products and understand electical industry,sometimes difficult to reach call rate but overall enjoyable,nice change but prefer Medical devices.
Pros
Increased my skill and knowledge of electrical devices
Cons
At times staff shortage
It was very fast paced and stressful in management but satisfying. As a leader you were given the opportunity to grow and make decisions right or wrong it was great to learn and grow as a team.
Schneider Electric is a great place to work with great people who are passionate about what they do. Really flexible workplace and heaps of innovation. I loved my time there. they do really innovative work and are highly competitive in the market place
Pros
Flexibility, culture
Cons
takes a long while for decisions to be made.
Productive and friendly environment workplace, Companies that actively manage climate change and disclose their actions see an 18% higher return on equity than their peers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
no cons
Schneider Electric is phenomenal place to see and work with the right circle of people around you but in any case every side has a down. Useless agents who promise the world but can only give you crumbs your bound to receive your pay a day later than usual because of irregularities at the very least 1 every 3 months. It's hard to talk and work without being told off and some High reach have a seat belt.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Schneider Electric is one of the best places to work at. I enjoyed my time there. the management is also very supportive.
there are lot of trainings that the company support for the employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Schneider Electric?
Great company, fantastic managers/leaders
Industry leading, innovative products

Good work/life balance

Would go back if I could, room to progress and great job security
Pros
Great managers and work life balance
Cons
Low pay
Lead End to End Planning organisation for Pacific (Australia / New Zealand) through 4 key streams: Demand management, SIOP “Sales Inventory & Operations Planning”, Supply Planning management & Upstream/Downstream Flows management.
Top performers were given salary review on par with inflation.

Senior managers who wear multiple hats are too busy to know the reality, but rather only react on figures.

Good direct line managers who show respect to employees, with good work life balance. But their effort is undermined by mediocre pay rise for even top performers.
All the management are very seniors, and expect us to work 7 to 7 or 8. If you have young family, this is not the right company. Lack of management skills. Make you to work on everything(even if you don't know about it nor trained on it) and there is no job profile work. My JD was saying a Sales Support Specialist and they are making me to work as a data entry person. Under paid for more stressful work. I got told to work from home 2 days in a week, after i took up the contract they are not allowing me use this option. Micro management, lack of guidelines, I was leaving 3 pm one day because of my son medical checkups, and my manger asked me when i am covering those missing hours, but i work from 9 to 630 everyday and he never asked me why i am doing extra hours of work. I worked with a quite nice MNC's and i never had this kinda experience.
I learnt a lot in my year with Schneider as warehouse operator.
This being my first role in a warehouse environment, I had a lot to take on board and process as working in in a warehouse was an entirely different work setting to the one in the retail industry where I had been very confident and successful for the past 17 years.

I am a fast learner so i picked up on basic daily procedure and operations within the first couple of days.

I expected far more extensive training during the first couple of weeks, however due to my progress i was more than capable managing the workday on my own within the first week there.

I learn best when thrown in the deep end so this worked well for me.

The rest of the training unfolded in a natural progression throughout the year.

My two team leaders were extremely approachable and easy to communicate with making it comfortable for me to raise any questions or concerns , request further training in different areas and roles in the warehouse, and make suggestion on implementing better strategies for our working environment

A typical day at work would consist

- Coming in 15min early and preparing my work station for the day.

- Replenishment , general housekeeping , prioritising customer orders by area code ready for me to process . Shipment deadlines applied for some of the orders so they had to be sorted as first priority.

- Team meeting with team leaders before every shift

- Processing, invoicing and packing orders from picking slip

- When quiet picking stock using RF scanners or picking slips

- Sorting parcels
 - more...
Pros
Occasional free lunches hosted by recruitment agencies
Cons
Casual Contract not enough work at times
Days were interesting and Fridays were a short day which meant I could do shopping that afternoon if needed. Learned the ins and outs of working in a manufacturing plant, including warehouse work.
If you dont do over time or what they ask of you even if you have a family and a life outside of work they put pressure on wether you should be working for them.
Pros
Work mates are good
Cons
Difficult place to work in due the political chalanges and empire building throughout the senior management levels.

Good diversity of employees & integration.

Very capable & dedicated teams of good people.

SE Internal Business Units (BU) are difficult to integrate to provide a totoal solution therefore margins are erroded through xBU inefficiencies.
Pros
nice clean working environment, close to shopping mall & train station
Cons
Long hours, travel could be a royal pain, Not enough car parking spaces, Management Politics, Career advancement limited in middle to lower rnaks, the SE 5 star rated building is uncomfortable ... hot in summer and cold in winter
Schneider is a great company to work for, offered good challenges and supported me in my career, loved the SE culture of continuous improvement and customer focus.
Management and business unit structure is fragmented, making it very difficult to pull together winning bids across multiple Business Units. Australian operation is more aligned to transactional rather than project business.
Schneider cares for all of its workers. They may lack a few things but when there are issues they back you up.

There is a family like atmosphere here.
Pros
Private use of vehicle
Cons
Antiquated paperwork systems
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Electric. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K