Schnitz
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Schnitz Employee Reviews

At Schnitz, prepare yourself for a fast-paced adrenaline pumping work environment. Depending on your store location you will be overwhelmed in the beginning (because of the food assembling) but once you get a hang of it, you will excel. Work your way up and earn respect by proving you are results-driven. The working environment at Schnitz will teach you to work independently. Thus this job is suitable for students eager to learn how to cope the independent working experience. The hardest obstacle is overcoming difficult customers and delivery drivers. The easiest part is knowing how to manage them once you've had plenty exposure. Team work is key at Schnitz, support and cooperation will boost business.
Pros
Discount lunches!!!
Cons
Long hours & long breaks
I absolutely loved the team I worked with, met some amazing people and life long friends, however there was a recent change in management, and everything went to trash basically. New manager never showed up to work when rostered on, threatened everyone’s job security, made incredibly racist and ableist remarks and they would make mistakes and try to accuse and blame everyone else for them. It’s not a coincidence that half of the store quit after management changed (that must be why they’re hiring now).
Pros
Good team, good food, good hourly rate
Cons
I think this is pretty subjective for everyone but for myself, I enjoy working at Schnitz as it is a routine job and I wouldn't say it's a hard job but it can get intense during holiday period. A general day for me as a cook is just cleaning kitchen area, food preparation for the day and maintaining the work flow and quality of food throughout the day, by the end of the day I would need to do full cleanup in kitchen area and other related objects. The whole process repeat everyday.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Short break
Started off okay. But no one really talked to me. people seemed to have already set friendships and weren't interested in talking to me. I felt very uncomfortable when one of the staff members made it look like he was 'into' me. Made me feel stressed coming to work. Manager was very rude and mean. She was very biased and was always getting mad at me for things i hadn't been tought yet! After working 5 sifts i was expected to know everything that needed to be done so when i went to ask for help with something i got told that i should already know how to do it. The owner was very rude and was always getting mad t me for not knowing how to do tings after working there for 3 weeks! (i only have 2-3 shifts a week) Pay was okay, but i should've been getting payed more for my age. I don't recommend working there unless you want to feel stressed and anxious when going to work!!! There was a lot of drama and seeing as the manager is biased she pick who she does and doesn't like. Heard some stories from another employee about how the manager treated her and it was horrific.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
terrible management, bad pay, rude staff ect
Pay always late No allocated pay day Super hasn’t been paid Treated like causal employee but paid part time (lower wage) Rosters out late Only given 6 hours work split into two shifts being a part time employee which requires 15min
Good team but terrible management. The franchise owner is a selfish and greedy man. Doesn’t care about his staff or the well-being and food quality. Avoid!
There wa a Positive environment to work in. Great team very reliable Team leaders, and management was very helpful and encouraging. Hardest part of the job was just peak hours, but the teams work ethic made the hours flow without too much stress. Most enjoyable part was the friendships developed.
Pros
discounts on food
I loved it at the start, and after a while, I grew a good relationship with my co-workers and the former management, but once the new investors for the store took over, things for the store quickly declined and I can now say that I'm no longer happy working here.
Schnitz is a great place to work for high school students, especially those who are just starting in the workplace. The staff there make great friends but management is a bit rough around the edges. However, my boss was great. Wouldn't suggest working when you really need money due to low salary.
Friendly staff, great staff discount, great work life ballance, opportunity to expand your career or move up to a higher level fun environment if you work hard
Most of the staff did not get along with the franchise owners, but the manager was great and it was a good job for me at the time. I was 18 so my pay was obviously lower than most adults'
Are not tolerant of employee mistakes whatsoever, management only cares about profit, long shifts with no paid lunches, tedious work, will bend over backwards for customers at the expense of the employees
Physically and mentally draining job, without any company insentives to actually perform your job correctly. Management expect the world from you without nothing in return. And no help whatsoever with mental health and well-being. Honestly do not work here☺️☺️☺️
Having the work at this company was a really good experience, i highly recommend this as a first job. The staff were very friendly, the food was location was pleasant
I had fun working here when I did,the time always went fast as it is very popular, therefore busy. Is an easy job, nothing too extreme. Good practice for hospitality workers.
Since Schnitz is a brand in itself and serves a wide variety of wraps and rolls, a typical working day here is very hectic yet really enjoyable. I have had the best working experience here at Schnitz as iI was abe to enhance my communication skills and uplift my confidence while taking orders and interacting with the customers. The workplace culture is really good. My team members were really nice and helpful to me when I was a newbie.
Good experience working at Schintz as the staff there were all very friendly which made work something to look forward to. Further, work conditions were above average (temperature, cleanliness). A typical day at work would consist of working at the salad bar and moving to the register if needed. If there were no customers I would always be occupying my self with something to do to ensure a positive flowing workspace. The hardest part of the job would have to be closing the shop as the clean up was a long but necessary process that needed to be done.
basically it was the more you chatted then working, the more likely you got a promotion. Which meant working hard meant nothing there, basically though everyone was let go so they could hire their friends.
It was ok at the start since I had a lovely manager. Everyone was nice, and workers were very helpful. The work was laborious and exhausting, but at the time I got decent hours so I made okay money (not enough for the work I was doing, but when you are a university student, any money is good). I was taught how to cook which gave me more options for shifts since most team members couldn't cook. However, there was a change of managers, and that turned everything terrible. This manager was only focused on the finances, and never considered anyone else. Many team leaders took time out of their days (not on a shift), cleaning the back and doing things for him, not being paid. They shouldn't have to have done this. He made me learn how to be a front-of-house team member, because "a woman shouldn't be back here cooking". One of the team leaders eventually became a monster to work with and made me feel very isolated. The other team members were lovely however. My intellectual disability makes me sometimes forgetful, but I thought I made it up by being extra helpful when I could be, but she yelled at me in front of customers multiple times, making me feel really useless and wrote really nasty things on the computer for the daily report, which everyone could have a look at, such as "she is a useless member, we would be better without her forgetfulness" etc. I tried to get shifts cooking, but because I wasn't doing it consistently, I wasn't as quick as other cooks. I was let go after at least 1 and 1/2 months of not getting shifts, time that I could have used finding another job. But, - more...
The Human Resource management is terrible. There will be no responses to certain text messages and it is sort of rude to be left on read. Some of the wishes were not granted and the pay is very minimal. in terms of work environment, the floor is very oily and is very dangerous at times.
Schnitz has got many branches in melbourne, but the worst management was in chadstone, southland and in south yarra. I still do not know why these people take franchise and cannot even follow australian work culture, minimum values and ethics. All the management are rude, they crave for customer service and will never bother about their own employees. These managers do not have enough skills and experience how a fast food restuarant works and how to treat their employees. Some of the basic things like chopping, frying skills are hugely lacking here. If it is your first job, then well and good. You can do until you get good experience in australian work place and then find a better job. If you do have good experience in melbourne, take time and see if it is manageble to you or just quit and go to better work place.
Pros
50% off on food for employees, good staff, good foods and chicken.
Cons
Long hours, Less pay for tiring hard work, rude management, employees have poor skills, no respect given to emlpoyees, worst job