SCHNITZ Employee Reviews

Not lead well
General Manager Operations, Marketing and Branding (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 October 2018
I found Schnitz to be a group of wonderful people at senior manager and below level. The problem was at executive manager level with just a couple of people.
Pros
great people and senior manager and below
Cons
dishonest and lacked integrity
Decent workplace.
Cook (Schnitz) (Current Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD19 August 2018
Schnitz is overall a fairly good place to work. The training allows you to learn a lot and the employees are generally nice people. The work can become boring and repetitive with a limited variety of positions being assigned to an employee.
Pros
generally nice people, flexibilty for hours, great interface with useful schnitz app and excellent training.
Cons
Boring workload.
Best place I've worked at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC31 July 2018
A fun environment, supportive team, and great management. the pay was not fantastic but better than most hospitality places. Mostly the work environment was great.
Great work place with nice co workers.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Southland Centre VIC8 July 2018
Great work place. I was able to work with a multicultural environment. Excellent management. Good salary and other benefits. I worked happily with satisfactory shifts
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No cons
Overall good first job
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 June 2018
Schnitz is a good first job to give you hospitality experience. Teams are generally pretty close so working with them makes the day a tad more bearable. Management can be very rocky. I had a manager that was great and understood that you had commitments outside of work and would constantly try to help every member develop their skills. I had another one that would pick at every move you’d make and would get angered by it. My current manager seems very inexperienced and doesn’t seem like they value productivity so we just stand around most of the time instead of doing small tasks while there aren’t any customers. Generally everyone working there is hired on a casual basis and is payed minimum wage according to how old you are. There’s also very little opportunity to move up in the business, some of the people I work with have worked there for over a year with relevant experience to become a team leader or assistant manager but is still working as a casual team member.
Pros
50% off food, great team
Cons
Inexperience of management, minimum wage
only for Temporary
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Central23 May 2018
Such a busy place to work.! I learned to work under pressure. Team members was such nice people however,Teamwork was unbalanced because of the poor management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
shifts are flexible
fun workplace
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 May 2018
The most annoying part of the job is to deal with grumpy, unfriendly and unpatient costumers.
You get good discounts and the shifts are really flexible.
good work enviroment
Waitress and Cook (Former Employee) –  Cook in melbourne victoria19 April 2018
was close to my home location good team environment long working hours due to staff availability learnt new skills and refreshed some of my own current skills learnt how to work well in a team environment
Pros
good work enviroments
Cons
long hours sometimes depending on staff
fast paced workplace with great teamwork and communication
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC16 February 2018
easily learned how to do new tasks. lots of help from colleagues. good hours given each week. minimum pay. cooking was really easy to do once you get the hang of it. teaching people is really simple as well.
Pros
lots of hours available every week
Cons
minimum wage
Fun and safe workplace
Part time (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW8 November 2017
Schnitz was one of the first places I worked at, and I learnt a lot from my role as a worker. I had a vareity of job roles in this place which made me really confident as a person. The most enjoyable part of working there was serving customers, because we had such great people come in all the time.
Pros
discounted food
Productive and fun workplace
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Crown VIC3 November 2017
Friendly staffs
Full-training provided
Good working conditions (break with long hours shift)
Good wages
2 branches: one at Melbourne central (day+night+weekend shifts) and the other at Crown Melbourne (overnight mainly)
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Long night shifts
Good role
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 September 2017
It is a good job to have with variety within the role. But most of the people within the store management are very inexperienced and do a terrible job running the store. Head Office have very little understanding of what happens within the store and this causes many stupid policies to be out in place which rarely last.
Pros
Varied Role
Cons
Not the place for long term security
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD29 August 2017
Hours were limited and communication was limited. Not a very supportive team environment. More of a one for all type workplace. Overall my least favourite place I have been employed.
Average
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA11 August 2017
Not good pay at all
Little to no shifts if you aren't a cook (0-1 shift a week)
Poor management
Given little time to do tasks
Just poorly run
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Good workplace with adequate hours
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 June 2017
Schnitz was a good workplace. There were various jobs that could be done, such as working at the till, waitressing or preparing the food. The diversity of jobs kept the work interesting.
Good Place to work
Part Time Employment (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 May 2017
The Schnitz I work at is located In a food court. We get busy lunch and dinner rushes. We have a clean friendly environment where the staff are well mannered and the customer service is exceptional.
Great for those that can handle it
Cook (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW3 March 2017
Worked as a cook and found that many of the employees struggled to keep up (even the professionals). Management was constantly changing with the start of the business. Didn't work for me, but might work for others.
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
Definitely difficult work
Productive and fun workplace but minimum wage
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Doncaster VIC22 February 2017
Schnitz is a good place to start out in the food industry with nice people and flexible working hours, however, everyone receives minimum wage with hardly any benefits
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Minimum wage
great starting workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth st victoria30 January 2017
a good envirnoment with great people the hours were very flexible with me doing university part time at victoria university with being able to see friends and do homework while training for soccer
Pros
good hours good people
Cons
advancment in the company
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 December 2016
Eager to learn and constantly wanting to improve in order to progress through hospitality meaning taking the extra step to help others and increasing sales of products and providing information on menu options.
Working environments great we all work as a team in order to succeed and meet out team goals. Employees here are genuinely great people very friendly.
Typical day at work include customer Service use of point of service system, actively seek out customers in store and provide information on our menu. Deal with customer complaints, monitor team members participation and behaviour. Managing the day to day flow, organising tasks and breaks for staff.
Pros
Half price food.
Cons
Quite days can be a drag.