Schnitz
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Schnitz Employee Reviews

Australia69 reviews
Productive yet stressfull, Good people but poor management.
I loved it at the start, and after a while, I grew a good relationship with my co-workers and the former management, but once the new investors for the store took over, things for the store quickly declined and I can now say that I'm no longer happy working here.
Dodgy company
Pay always late
No allocated pay day

Super hasn’t been paid

Treated like causal employee but paid part time (lower wage)

Rosters out late

Only given 6 hours work split into two shifts being a part time employee which requires 15min
Don’t bother
Good team but terrible management. The franchise owner is a selfish and greedy man. Doesn’t care about his staff or the well-being and food quality. Avoid!
productive and great team
There wa a Positive environment to work in. Great team very reliable Team leaders, and management was very helpful and encouraging. Hardest part of the job was just peak hours, but the teams work ethic made the hours flow without too much stress. Most enjoyable part was the friendships developed.
Pros
discounts on food
Good Experience
Schnitz is a great place to work for high school students, especially those who are just starting in the workplace. The staff there make great friends but management is a bit rough around the edges. However, my boss was great. Wouldn't suggest working when you really need money due to low salary.
Great team environment
Friendly staff, great staff discount, great work life ballance, opportunity to expand your career or move up to a higher level fun environment if you work hard
Store has been shut down
Most of the staff did not get along with the franchise owners, but the manager was great and it was a good job for me at the time. I was 18 so my pay was obviously lower than most adults'
Stressful fast-paced job
Are not tolerant of employee mistakes whatsoever, management only cares about profit, long shifts with no paid lunches, tedious work, will bend over backwards for customers at the expense of the employees
Toxic environment
Physically and mentally draining job, without any company insentives to actually perform your job correctly. Management expect the world from you without nothing in return.
And no help whatsoever with mental health and well-being.

Honestly do not work here☺️☺️☺️
Okay
Having the work at this company was a really good experience, i highly recommend this as a first job. The staff were very friendly, the food was location was pleasant
Good place
I had fun working here when I did,the time always went fast as it is very popular, therefore busy. Is an easy job, nothing too extreme. Good practice for hospitality workers.
A productive and fun place to work at with good colleagues
Since Schnitz is a brand in itself and serves a wide variety of wraps and rolls, a typical working day here is very hectic yet really enjoyable. I have had the best working experience here at Schnitz as iI was abe to enhance my communication skills and uplift my confidence while taking orders and interacting with the customers. The workplace culture is really good. My team members were really nice and helpful to me when I was a newbie.
Productive and fastpace workplace
Good experience working at Schintz as the staff there were all very friendly which made work something to look forward to. Further, work conditions were above average (temperature, cleanliness). A typical day at work would consist of working at the salad bar and moving to the register if needed. If there were no customers I would always be occupying my self with something to do to ensure a positive flowing workspace. The hardest part of the job would have to be closing the shop as the clean up was a long but necessary process that needed to be done.
Eh, management played politics
basically it was the more you chatted then working, the more likely you got a promotion. Which meant working hard meant nothing there, basically though everyone was let go so they could hire their friends.
Awful experience, wouldn't recommend
It was ok at the start since I had a lovely manager. Everyone was nice, and workers were very helpful. The work was laborious and exhausting, but at the time I got decent hours so I made okay money (not enough for the work I was doing, but when you are a university student, any money is good). I was taught how to cook which gave me more options for shifts since most team members couldn't cook. However, there was a change of managers, and that turned everything terrible. This manager was only focused on the finances, and never considered anyone else. Many team leaders took time out of their days (not on a shift), cleaning the back and doing things for him, not being paid. They shouldn't have to have done this. He made me learn how to be a front-of-house team member, because "a woman shouldn't be back here cooking". One of the team leaders eventually became a monster to work with and made me feel very isolated. The other team members were lovely however. My intellectual disability makes me sometimes forgetful, but I thought I made it up by being extra helpful when I could be, but she yelled at me in front of customers multiple times, making me feel really useless and wrote really nasty things on the computer for the daily report, which everyone could have a look at, such as "she is a useless member, we would be better without her forgetfulness" etc. I tried to get shifts cooking, but because I wasn't doing it consistently, I wasn't as quick as other cooks. I was let go after at least 1 and 1/2 months of not getting shifts, time that I could have used finding another job. But, - more...
Poor management
The Human Resource management is terrible. There will be no responses to certain text messages and it is sort of rude to be left on read. Some of the wishes were not granted and the pay is very minimal. in terms of work environment, the floor is very oily and is very dangerous at times.
Worst hospitality job that never had australian work culture
Schnitz has got many branches in melbourne, but the worst management was in chadstone, southland and in south yarra. I still do not know why these people take franchise and cannot even follow australian work culture, minimum values and ethics. All the management are rude, they crave for customer service and will never bother about their own employees.

These managers do not have enough skills and experience how a fast food restuarant works and how to treat their employees. Some of the basic things like chopping, frying skills are hugely lacking here.

If it is your first job, then well and good. You can do until you get good experience in australian work place and then find a better job. If you do have good experience in melbourne, take time and see if it is manageble to you or just quit and go to better work place.
Pros
50% off on food for employees, good staff, good foods and chicken.
Cons
Long hours, Less pay for tiring hard work, rude management, employees have poor skills, no respect given to emlpoyees, worst job
Lack of support, absent upper management, lies
After working hard for so long at schnitz, we were given only 3 weeks notice that our store would be closing. Around Christmas time, there were rumours that we would be closing and I asked my manager about it and she assured me that head office had told her they weren’t closing the store and that they had LOTS (laughable) planned. Clearly, either my manager was lying or head office we’re lying to her. Rockingham had been open for a couple of years and we had not received any support, there was no advertising done to draw people in, we had received a visit from head office maybe 3 times in the time I had worked there. Complete lack of professionalism in this company. Clearly don’t know anything about business or how to run one. I’m ashamed to have even been a part of a company who would so easily give up on a store without trying at all. Sad that all our livelihoods were ruined because they wouldn’t put in any effort.
Pros
Good wages, 50% off meals
Cons
Bad upper management, Boring and repetitive work, Lack of support
Amazing workplace, rewarding work environment with amazing staff.
I was employed by Schnitz at the end of may, I started out very nervous but I had quickly gained a good understanding of what the work was about- producing quality product to everyone that came in.

The work had felt extremely challenging yet rewarding during my first few months there, I always enjoyed every shift I was given, every other member of staff was absolutely amazing, they had taught me to cook the highest quality food safely for people of various diets, (Pescetarians, Vegans, Vegetarians, Coeliacs, etc.).
Pros
50% discount whilst on shift, 2 hours both before and after too.
Great people, okay management.
Great place to work with, was an amazing experience to work with them, Unfortunately hours were cut untill i was told i would no longer get any and eventually had to move on.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Non-understanding, confusing management.
Challenging
Hours are quite long. Great people. Started in this business when it was in its infant stage. There wasnt as much structure to the business compared to now.
Pros
Building great relationships
Cons
80-90 hr weeks