Schnitz Employee Reviews

Lack of support, absent upper management, lies
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA26 May 2019
After working hard for so long at schnitz, we were given only 3 weeks notice that our store would be closing. Around Christmas time, there were rumours that we would be closing and I asked my manager about it and she assured me that head office had told her they weren’t closing the store and that they had LOTS (laughable) planned. Clearly, either my manager was lying or head office we’re lying to her. Rockingham had been open for a couple of years and we had not received any support, there was no advertising done to draw people in, we had received a visit from head office maybe 3 times in the time I had worked there. Complete lack of professionalism in this company. Clearly don’t know anything about business or how to run one. I’m ashamed to have even been a part of a company who would so easily give up on a store without trying at all. Sad that all our livelihoods were ruined because they wouldn’t put in any effort.
Pros
Good wages, 50% off meals
Cons
Bad upper management, Boring and repetitive work, Lack of support
Amazing workplace, rewarding work environment with amazing staff.
Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA23 May 2019
I was employed by Schnitz at the end of may, I started out very nervous but I had quickly gained a good understanding of what the work was about- producing quality product to everyone that came in.

The work had felt extremely challenging yet rewarding during my first few months there, I always enjoyed every shift I was given, every other member of staff was absolutely amazing, they had taught me to cook the highest quality food safely for people of various diets, (Pescetarians, Vegans, Vegetarians, Coeliacs, etc.).
Pros
50% discount whilst on shift, 2 hours both before and after too.
Challenging
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 March 2019
Hours are quite long. Great people. Started in this business when it was in its infant stage. There wasnt as much structure to the business compared to now.
Pros
Building great relationships
Cons
80-90 hr weeks
Chicken Lover
Waiting Tables (Former Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC6 March 2019
This is my first job in a long time back in mid year of 2015, it was about exploring a franchise not a fast food restaurant. We were given an opportunity to be different and how to stand out compared to any other restaurants in the area.
Pros
50% of all Purchases throughout the day
Cons
short hours, less shifts
Schnitz
Team Member (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Hawthorn VIC30 October 2018
I've been a crew member for just over a year.
Not bad. Team works well together.
Been through a few managers, but current one is pretty good, he's improved the workplace quite a lot. Listens to his staff and takes on board suggestions.
Not lead well
General Manager Operations, Marketing and Branding (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 October 2018
I found Schnitz to be a group of wonderful people at senior manager and below level. The problem was at executive manager level with just a couple of people.
Pros
great people and senior manager and below
Cons
dishonest and lacked integrity
Decent workplace.
Cook (Schnitz) (Current Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD19 August 2018
Schnitz is overall a fairly good place to work. The training allows you to learn a lot and the employees are generally nice people. The work can become boring and repetitive with a limited variety of positions being assigned to an employee.
Pros
generally nice people, flexibilty for hours, great interface with useful schnitz app and excellent training.
Cons
Boring workload.
Best place I've worked at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC31 July 2018
A fun environment, supportive team, and great management. the pay was not fantastic but better than most hospitality places. Mostly the work environment was great.
Good job influenced by workers.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW 264028 July 2018
In my year and a bit at schnitzel I experienced a range of emotions. At first the staff was smaller and of a high quality, everyone quite happy and receiving their desired hours. as my time went on a younger pool of employees was added and as a result hours were being cut making the environment a sad one with little to no communication from the managers and bosses towards the end of employment this was not a place I enjoyed being.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
lack of communication
Great work place with nice co workers.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Southland Centre VIC8 July 2018
Great work place. I was able to work with a multicultural environment. Excellent management. Good salary and other benefits. I worked happily with satisfactory shifts
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No cons
Wouldve been a a great place if shifts were consistent
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA13 June 2018
My time at schnitz was great i cannot lie, the first three months i was getting a lot of shifts and i could still balance school and my outer school life. Then business started to slow down and i didnt get a lot of shifts ( i got a three hour shift every saturday for months) and then they stopped giving me shifts full stop, i started to complain about this to the HR department so the manager did start giving me shifts.... just during school hours. I finally left the toxic place after 11 months of working there. I tried.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
really bad shifts
Overall good first job
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 June 2018
Schnitz is a good first job to give you hospitality experience. Teams are generally pretty close so working with them makes the day a tad more bearable. Management can be very rocky. I had a manager that was great and understood that you had commitments outside of work and would constantly try to help every member develop their skills. I had another one that would pick at every move you’d make and would get angered by it. My current manager seems very inexperienced and doesn’t seem like they value productivity so we just stand around most of the time instead of doing small tasks while there aren’t any customers. Generally everyone working there is hired on a casual basis and is payed minimum wage according to how old you are. There’s also very little opportunity to move up in the business, some of the people I work with have worked there for over a year with relevant experience to become a team leader or assistant manager but is still working as a casual team member.
Pros
50% off food, great team
Cons
Inexperience of management, minimum wage
only for Temporary
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Central23 May 2018
Such a busy place to work.! I learned to work under pressure. Team members was such nice people however,Teamwork was unbalanced because of the poor management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
shifts are flexible
fun workplace
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 May 2018
The most annoying part of the job is to deal with grumpy, unfriendly and unpatient costumers.
You get good discounts and the shifts are really flexible.
good work enviroment
Waitress and Cook (Former Employee) –  Cook in melbourne victoria19 April 2018
was close to my home location good team environment long working hours due to staff availability learnt new skills and refreshed some of my own current skills learnt how to work well in a team environment
Pros
good work enviroments
Cons
long hours sometimes depending on staff
fast paced workplace with great teamwork and communication
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC16 February 2018
easily learned how to do new tasks. lots of help from colleagues. good hours given each week. minimum pay. cooking was really easy to do once you get the hang of it. teaching people is really simple as well.
Pros
lots of hours available every week
Cons
minimum wage
nice work area
Part time team member (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC17 December 2017
good experience for me and a fun work place, i would recommend for others to work. the team friendly with you. clean environment, open space. lovely food
Pros
good team
Cons
low wage
Awesome Working place
Assistant head cook (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC26 November 2017
I was working as a cook in the store. doing meal preps in the morning and getting ready for the lunch time rush. Afterwards the evening run and closing the kitchen down.
i was fun and energetic work place.
my boss was super cool.
had to work hard but didn't feel the time go by.
Pros
free food.
Cons
no cons
Great working environment
Casual team member (Current Employee) –  Belconnen10 November 2017
Schnitz has a wonderful working environment. The other workers are extremely friendly and they make an effort to make you feel like you're apart of their family.
Should have been so much better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne10 November 2017
Started off great. Store was kicking goals. Staff morale was high.. Then HQ clearly hired people above store level that were toxic to the business. All the reasons that made Schnitz a great place to work at, the fun, the energy, the positivity, all were quickly sucked away. Was forced out (a blessing in disguise), replaced by people who had no people skills and no clue about running a successful business and look at them now.. Massive sales drop everywhere... What was once a company that a lot of other companies looked at with worrying interest has become a joke..
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
HQ had no clue how to maintain morale