SeaWorld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SeaWorld Employee Reviews

Australia38 reviews
The marine science team and supervisor are amazing to work with.
I loved the challenging, fast paced and changing work environment.

Working in marine education used skills from my science degree as well as customer service and public speaking
You get to meet new people in the park everyday and talk to people from all over the world and from all walks of life. The people you work with become a second family to you.
Pros
Benefits around the park
Good place to work and learn new skills at the Gold Coast easy place to enjoy working in a friendly environment with sea animals and staff have great skills
I really enjoyed working at Sea World, however, I was just a lifeguard and this was a very niche group who all got along well. The reason I wouldn't recommend this as a place of work though is because after studying my degree I have come to learn that I do not agree with a lot of the practices involved when it comes to the animals held there.
Dont work there staff worked in heat and company dont offer water for free.dont work for them or for viliage road show, they are such a negative place to work they bully their staff.
Pros
No cons
Cons
Rude management, worst place to work
Great company to work for, great team members. Always heaps of hours, great management team who are always there to support you when needed. Every shift was exciting
busy day in the hot sun.
Learn diving skills

Culture is good although safety is laking in some areas.

Most enjoyable part is diving and show people the best parts of sharks
Excellent place to work really do not feel comfortable in rating this or any employer as I had a great experience there and don't think this is relevant to this current need for work or application and I signed a confidentiality agreement with this organisation
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
this was a great work experience as you never knew where you were gong to be. everyday was different and you got to meet all different people. it was just a really fun place to work, but when they changed supervisors the vibe of the workplace changed a bit and it seemed like they didn't care about their workers as much as the pervious supervisors did
Pros
discounts great work experiences
Cons
sometimes got short hours
In the 2 years of employment at SeaWorld Resort I gained so much knowledge and skills! The atmosphere is very warm, supportive and friendly. I felt comfortable on my first day, lots of training opportunities, Good OHS policies and procedures, knowledgeable supervisors and managers, very supportive and approachable. Good work/life balance. Wages were always on time and accurate. Uniform and badges supplied. Equipments is maintained regularly. Very friendly and supportive team...
Pros
Fantastic team environment
Cons
Physically demanding during busy periods.
I worked in several departments whilst employed for Seaworld. My regular duties included greeting guests, showing them to their room, working in the kids club department and on weekends general housekeeping duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a variety of departments are learn different job roles.
A day in the life of a Sea World Hotel employee was a an early start, i gained a lot of hospitality skills, great customer skills and
communication skills.i have learned to work well under a fats paced and under pressure environment. THe hardest part was staying away from the buffet!:).i had great fun working with people and friendship i made.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
long shifts
I work five days a week. I learned how to be fast and efficient on every task they have assigned to me. The management is respectful to staff. With regards to workplace culture is not hard to adjust myself. The hardest part of my job is the physical matter thing. It is really a hard work, but need to do it for all sake. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people i am working with, very friendly and approachable.
Pros
Unlimited themepark tickets
as a casual employee, you don't get enough hours most of the time unless it was really busy. But what I love about my work, are the people I work with.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
management no good
From beginning to end, all the staff and managers at Seaworld were extremely helpful and friendly. I gained so much knowledge in a short amount of time. Easy rostering system, staff discounts were generous and most shops are air-conditioned. Free tickets to events being held at Sea World was also as plus.
Pros
Friendly staff and managers, Staff discount for retail and food & bev, free tickets for staff to any of the village roadshow theme parks on the gold coast
Cons
Rude customers
Was a great place to work, many friendly staff and so much to do. I enjoyed so much during my time here and would definitely recommend it to many people ready to work here.
A typical day at SeaWorld Resort is fun and exciting. There were multiple jobs to do during the day. I learned how to communicate with customers more and how to re-stock hotel rooms during my time in housekeeping. The management was great. The staff I worked with were excellent and friendly. The hardest part of the job was engineering, removing heavy furniture from rooms so they could be made over. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free time, exploring and making friends with the staff I didn't come in contact with during my time working.
SeaWorld Resort was an enjoyable place to work as I was frequently connecting with people and working in an environment in which I felt happy. SeaWorld resort is multicultural and even when working under pressure it is still fun.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Stressful
its a good work place in there and I can gain lots of experience and have brief idea about all different roles in hotel. the system is good and the manager and staffs are nice
- They offer a friendly atmosphere and supporting to employees.

- Salary and rates are paid on time according with the low.

- They are flexible and honest.
this was a great working resort all staff and mangers were great to work for ,enjoyed meeting people from all over the world was great to have been apart of a great company got to go to the theme parks on my days off
Pros
Free theme park entry great staff
Cons
cant think of any at this time