SeaWorld Employee Reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 1,741 reviews
na
Gold Coast - Aquarist & Commercial Diver (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD31 January 2019
busy day in the hot sun.
Learn diving skills
Culture is good although safety is laking in some areas.
Most enjoyable part is diving and show people the best parts of sharks
Excellent place to work
SALES ASSISTANT / STORE MANAGER/ MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Southport QLD21 January 2019
Excellent place to work really do not feel comfortable in rating this or any employer as I had a great experience there and don't think this is relevant to this current need for work or application and I signed a confidentiality agreement with this organisation
Pros
Excellent place to work
family environment
Food and Beverage Attendant (School Based Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Main Beach QLD17 January 2019
this was a great work experience as you never knew where you were gong to be. everyday was different and you got to meet all different people. it was just a really fun place to work, but when they changed supervisors the vibe of the workplace changed a bit and it seemed like they didn't care about their workers as much as the pervious supervisors did
Pros
discounts great work experiences
Cons
sometimes got short hours
The most friendliest place to work!
Room Attendant / House person (Former Employee) –  Main Beach QLD17 October 2018
In the 2 years of employment at SeaWorld Resort I gained so much knowledge and skills! The atmosphere is very warm, supportive and friendly. I felt comfortable on my first day, lots of training opportunities, Good OHS policies and procedures, knowledgeable supervisors and managers, very supportive and approachable. Good work/life balance. Wages were always on time and accurate. Uniform and badges supplied. Equipments is maintained regularly. Very friendly and supportive team...
Pros
Fantastic team environment
Cons
Physically demanding during busy periods.
Busy and challenging environment
Concierge/Kids club (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast9 March 2018
I worked in several departments whilst employed for Seaworld. My regular duties included greeting guests, showing them to their room, working in the kids club department and on weekends general housekeeping duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a variety of departments are learn different job roles.
a fun and productive workplace
Member (Former Employee) –  Queensland26 February 2018
A day in the life of a Sea World Hotel employee was a an early start, i gained a lot of hospitality skills, great customer skills and
communication skills.i have learned to work well under a fats paced and under pressure environment. THe hardest part was staying away from the buffet!:).i had great fun working with people and friendship i made.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
long shifts
Great good big company.
Messenger/Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seaworld Drive , Gold Coast24 February 2018
I work five days a week. I learned how to be fast and efficient on every task they have assigned to me. The management is respectful to staff. With regards to workplace culture is not hard to adjust myself. The hardest part of my job is the physical matter thing. It is really a hard work, but need to do it for all sake. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people i am working with, very friendly and approachable.
Pros
Unlimited themepark tickets
not ideal
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD5 November 2017
as a casual employee, you don't get enough hours most of the time unless it was really busy. But what I love about my work, are the people I work with.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
management no good
Friendly Workplace Environment With Heaps of Employee Benefits
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 June 2017
From beginning to end, all the staff and managers at Seaworld were extremely helpful and friendly. I gained so much knowledge in a short amount of time. Easy rostering system, staff discounts were generous and most shops are air-conditioned. Free tickets to events being held at Sea World was also as plus.
Pros
Friendly staff and managers, Staff discount for retail and food & bev, free tickets for staff to any of the village roadshow theme parks on the gold coast
Cons
Rude customers
Fun environement
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENT (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD12 June 2017
Was a great place to work, many friendly staff and so much to do. I enjoyed so much during my time here and would definitely recommend it to many people ready to work here.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Queensland12 June 2017
A typical day at SeaWorld Resort is fun and exciting. There were multiple jobs to do during the day. I learned how to communicate with customers more and how to re-stock hotel rooms during my time in housekeeping. The management was great. The staff I worked with were excellent and friendly. The hardest part of the job was engineering, removing heavy furniture from rooms so they could be made over. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free time, exploring and making friends with the staff I didn't come in contact with during my time working.
enjoyable workplace
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Main Beach17 May 2017
SeaWorld Resort was an enjoyable place to work as I was frequently connecting with people and working in an environment in which I felt happy. SeaWorld resort is multicultural and even when working under pressure it is still fun.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Stressful
good work place
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 April 2017
its a good work place in there and I can gain lots of experience and have brief idea about all different roles in hotel. the system is good and the manager and staffs are nice
Stablish timeshits
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD5 April 2017
- They offer a friendly atmosphere and supporting to employees.

- Salary and rates are paid on time according with the low.

- They are flexible and honest.
concirge
CONCIERGE / PORTER (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD6 February 2017
this was a great working resort all staff and mangers were great to work for ,enjoyed meeting people from all over the world was great to have been apart of a great company got to go to the theme parks on my days off
Pros
Free theme park entry great staff
Cons
cant think of any at this time
Sea world is an amazing place to work and i would go back anytime.
Food & Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD25 January 2017
A typical day at work would be helping customers with their orders of fresh food and drinks.
I have learnt a lot of different new skills, e.g how to make some beverages and how to be able to talk to strangers.
Management was very helpful, they will always take time to listen to you should you have a problem or if you want to talk to them about something.
Workplace culture was amazing, you realize that everybody can get along - does not matter where you are from.
The hardest part of the job must have been to realize that my contract was about to end.
I love the SeaWorld environment, the joy of being at such an amazing place each day.
Pros
Discount on all purchases.
Cons
Easeful workplace with a variety of fun people to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Main Beach QLD13 January 2017
All up, i really enjoyed working at Sea World Resort. I learnt so much about myself through work and the confidence it gave me was outstanding. I learnt how to deal with a variety of different situations, how to communicate and how to work in a team sufficiently. I always liked to make my workplace a fun environment. My supervisors were always wonderful to me and i gained a really cool friendship with them. I never had any trouble or run ins with my boss or my supervisors in the two years that i worked there. The hardest part of the job for me was the physical part, it got very exhausting! Housekeeping can get the best of you sometimes but overall it did the world of good for me- so i wouldn't say the worst part was really that "hard". The most enjoyable part of the job was definetly the bond i had between guests and i. i loved getting to know where they were travelling from, how long they were staying, etc. i liked getting personal with them because it then made my job feel like less of a "job".

All in all, i loved every single aspect of my job. It was one that grew me up in alot of ways and i will forever be thankful for what it has done for me!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Good environment for outgoing people
SALES ASSISTANT/ WAITRESS/KITCHEN HAND (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD4 October 2016
Days were long and busy but the support from your co-workers was usually what got you through. The actual environment (not including the guests) was great to be in.
good people to work with
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD21 September 2016
while working at this company for the time that I was it enabled me to better my self when it came to dealing with a large variety of people from all works of life and let me experience the different ways different types of industries work together in the one place
Fun place to work in, meeting guests and interacting with them
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD10 July 2016
Many good benefits working in Sea World, chatting to guests when time permits. I have learned to communicate with all ages of guests no matter if they are happy or not. Management is firm but friendly which I like. The co-workers are team workers in which case the job is much easier for all of us, good communication.
I find the hardest part of the job is not being able to communicate with international guest that do not speak English, yet I still have to serve them, but I manage somehow.
Most enjoyable time is when I get a variety of positions, different shops. This allows me to see the animals.
Pros
Discounted lunches, free passes to theme parks
Cons
Some shifts are very short hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.