SeaWorld
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

SeaWorld: 40 Employee Reviews

Australia40 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,983 reviews

Great and fun workplace

I honestly loved working here. It was one of my first jobs. I made so many friends, I learnt so much about customer service and other job skills that helped me develop as a person.

Pros

Great team environment, fun job.

Cons

low pay

Friendships over Professionalism

Management is complacent, problems are swept under the rug. People that bring issues to light are moved from the issue rather than the issue being rectified. Promotions are gifted to friendships rather than to people that deserve them. Very poor culture and a strongly biased workplace.

Pros

Free theme park passes

Cons

Hours cut unless you’re close with management, toxic environment

Great place to work in the right team

The marine science team and supervisor are amazing to work with. I loved the challenging, fast paced and changing work environment. Working in marine education used skills from my science degree as well as customer service and public speaking

Fun place to work

You get to meet new people in the park everyday and talk to people from all over the world and from all walks of life. The people you work with become a second family to you.

Pros

Benefits around the park

Good place to work and learn new skills at the Gold Coast easy place to enjoy working in a friendly environment with sea animals and staff have great skills

Fun environment and great staff

I really enjoyed working at Sea World, however, I was just a lifeguard and this was a very niche group who all got along well. The reason I wouldn't recommend this as a place of work though is because after studying my degree I have come to learn that I do not agree with a lot of the practices involved when it comes to the animals held there.

Worst place to work

Dont work there staff worked in heat and company dont offer water for free.dont work for them or for viliage road show, they are such a negative place to work they bully their staff.

Pros

No cons

Cons

Rude management, worst place to work

Great company to work for

Great company to work for, great team members. Always heaps of hours, great management team who are always there to support you when needed. Every shift was exciting

na

busy day in the hot sun. Learn diving skills Culture is good although safety is laking in some areas. Most enjoyable part is diving and show people the best parts of sharks

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work really do not feel comfortable in rating this or any employer as I had a great experience there and don't think this is relevant to this current need for work or application and I signed a confidentiality agreement with this organisation

Pros

Excellent place to work

family environment

this was a great work experience as you never knew where you were gong to be. everyday was different and you got to meet all different people. it was just a really fun place to work, but when they changed supervisors the vibe of the workplace changed a bit and it seemed like they didn't care about their workers as much as the pervious supervisors did

Pros

discounts great work experiences

Cons

sometimes got short hours

The most friendliest place to work!

In the 2 years of employment at SeaWorld Resort I gained so much knowledge and skills! The atmosphere is very warm, supportive and friendly. I felt comfortable on my first day, lots of training opportunities, Good OHS policies and procedures, knowledgeable supervisors and managers, very supportive and approachable. Good work/life balance. Wages were always on time and accurate. Uniform and badges supplied. Equipments is maintained regularly. Very friendly and supportive team...

Pros

Fantastic team environment

Cons

Physically demanding during busy periods.

Busy and challenging environment

I worked in several departments whilst employed for Seaworld. My regular duties included greeting guests, showing them to their room, working in the kids club department and on weekends general housekeeping duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a variety of departments are learn different job roles.

a fun and productive workplace

A day in the life of a Sea World Hotel employee was a an early start, i gained a lot of hospitality skills, great customer skills and communication skills.i have learned to work well under a fats paced and under pressure environment. THe hardest part was staying away from the buffet!:).i had great fun working with people and friendship i made.

Pros

free lunchs

Cons

long shifts

Great good big company.

I work five days a week. I learned how to be fast and efficient on every task they have assigned to me. The management is respectful to staff. With regards to workplace culture is not hard to adjust myself. The hardest part of my job is the physical matter thing. It is really a hard work, but need to do it for all sake. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people i am working with, very friendly and approachable.

Pros

Unlimited themepark tickets

not ideal

as a casual employee, you don't get enough hours most of the time unless it was really busy. But what I love about my work, are the people I work with.

Pros

friendly co workers

Cons

management no good

Friendly Workplace Environment With Heaps of Employee Benefits

From beginning to end, all the staff and managers at Seaworld were extremely helpful and friendly. I gained so much knowledge in a short amount of time. Easy rostering system, staff discounts were generous and most shops are air-conditioned. Free tickets to events being held at Sea World was also as plus.

Pros

Friendly staff and managers, Staff discount for retail and food & bev, free tickets for staff to any of the village roadshow theme parks on the gold coast

Cons

Rude customers

Fun environement

Was a great place to work, many friendly staff and so much to do. I enjoyed so much during my time here and would definitely recommend it to many people ready to work here.

Fun workplace

A typical day at SeaWorld Resort is fun and exciting. There were multiple jobs to do during the day. I learned how to communicate with customers more and how to re-stock hotel rooms during my time in housekeeping. The management was great. The staff I worked with were excellent and friendly. The hardest part of the job was engineering, removing heavy furniture from rooms so they could be made over. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free time, exploring and making friends with the staff I didn't come in contact with during my time working.

enjoyable workplace

SeaWorld Resort was an enjoyable place to work as I was frequently connecting with people and working in an environment in which I felt happy. SeaWorld resort is multicultural and even when working under pressure it is still fun.

Pros

Friendly Staff

Cons

Stressful

good work place

its a good work place in there and I can gain lots of experience and have brief idea about all different roles in hotel. the system is good and the manager and staffs are nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SeaWorld