SECRETS Employee Reviews

Productive and a great workplace.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ocean City, MD20 November 2018
It's a great job to work for and the employees are wonderful too.
I feel like I work with my family members I know they have my back as well as I would have there's. The owner is always there and counteract with the employees all the time.
bueno
spa valet (Former Employee) –  Puerto Vallarta, Jal.9 May 2018
el ambiente laboral es bueno y hay mucha educacion por parte d los huespedes.
Liked it
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OK30 January 2018
It's slow paced and very friendly. the owner is laid back and easy to deal with. The people are cool and easy to serve. There is also a bar and grill next door that has excellent food.
Fun and exciting
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MA25 October 2017
Taught me alot about being a business owner. I learned that companies making billions of dollars should compensate their employees with better incentives.
Working at a Smoke shop
Retail, sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 September 2017
My job in this regard is to make these people aware of our location and that we carry vape supplies for them and other smoking supplies. They also carry cleaning supplies.
Cons
Slow Business
Fun
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire2 February 2017
It's working behide a bar so people are usually happy when wanting a drink. Staff are friendly and boss is laid-back. Rotor goes up every week when it should and you get train before you start work.
Pros
Evening and nights
Very loyal customers, more like a family
Key Holder/Sales Lead/ Trainer/Ordering (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO21 November 2016
I all in all enjoyed my Secrets work experience.I had a very flexible boss and a caring staff that felt like family. Smaller company so not a lot of room to advance but I did learn and grow a lot during the 13 years I worked at Secrets.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no health care, no vacation pay, no sick days, no holiday pay
An enjoyable learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Romford8 August 2016
Where I first got into the industry and what a great experience it was. Working closely under my manager who is still a good friend of mine now I learned how to set up bars down to the finest detail, dealing with deliveries, how the industry worked and how to cater to the high end clientele.

A typical day would sometimes consist of arriving at the club and making sure the repairing the bars after the night before, this would involve cleaning, re stocking of fridges, polishing the brass, taking in deliveries and getting everything ready for opening just hours later. Later that night I'd be back in to open up the club and make sure everything was ready for opening, then allocate the floats to each bar and oversee the long bar throughout the night whilst working alongside my bar team. Cash up and z my till then take it through to the office where me and my manager cashed up.
Pros
Good repour with colleagues
Cons
Long hours, poor pay plus no fufutre opportunities
Fun workplace but
Barman (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden22 February 2016
I worked for secrets for 5 years at the beginning it was fantastic but during this time i found out how greedy everyone around me was and it was unhealthy..
découverte du metier de vendeuse en jardinerie
stage filé (Former Employee) –  Dompierre-sur-Charente, B721 September 2015
J'ai réaliser plusieurs activités, cela ma permit d'avoir différentes compétences. Cette entreprise est vraiment très bien pour découvrir les métiers autour des végétaux.
Interesting products and client base
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA18 December 2014
* Average day included heavy focus on customer service, sales, inventory, ordering, merchandising

* Everything was self-taught, due to absolute minimal management and complete lack of structure

* Co-workers were minimal due to high turnover rate

*Hardest part of the job was lack of owner communication as to how the store was expected to run, and lack of structure for pricing and expectations

* Most enjoyable was earning and maintaining customer relations
Cons
Lack of structure
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, ENG22 October 2014
I work on my own all day,I open up the shop at 9am, serve customers,keep shop clean and tidy,make transactions,banking,end of day banking and closing the shop at 5.30pm.
Cons
not enough hours as bussiness is quiet at the moment.
travail agréable
Responsable Boulangerie (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, 977 November 2013
Entreprise ou le travail d'équipe est de rigueur.
Boulangerie de proximité donc contacts avec les clients agréables
fun work place with pool tables
entertainer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC20 June 2013
business can be slow like any company,theres to many girls that work there and management is ok and the hardest part of the job would be dancing for a long period of time.I learned how to communicate with customers and thats the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
show times
si m gustaba pero el negocio era familiar y ya m involucraban en sus problemas familiares.
atencion al cliente en una tienda d ropa (Former Employee) –  Chalco de Díaz Covarrubias, MEX23 July 2012
esta en un lugar bueno para vender. pero no veian mi s actitudes y aeso no m subian el sueldo;y mi vida privada estaba bien pero en esa empresa trabajaban familiares y pues afectaban mi estabilidad ahi.
Pros
no m daban prestaciones ni seguro
Cons
no comia ahi y no m djaban salir a comer
this business is doomed to fail it's just a matter of time
Sales Associate,Customer service (Former Employee) –  REDDING,CA18 June 2012
Not the greatest job unless you're addicted to watching & living & breathing ADULT MEDIA 8hrs a day. NO benefits & you're lucky to even have a job then you expect to get paid & you're paycheck BOUNCES. This the WORST JOB actually worse than L.A. sweat shops.

do not apply there.
Pros
rent adult media
Cons
have a job & work untold hours working for peanuts