Seed Heritage
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Seed Heritage Employee Reviews

Australia31 reviews
Great place to work. My time at Seed was only short due to study commitments, however this experience was amazing. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people.
A typical day at work involves basically just standing around and folding/fixing clothes as well as working with customers in fitting rooms and on the sales floor. Most customers at my location seem to have a good idea of what they are looking for, and usually will only ask for help if they need different sizes or couldn't find what they were looking for themselves. We get weekly shipment in but usually the stock room assistant and managers work on that, so I'm usually just at the front of the store greeting and working with customers.
There are little to no hours as of right now, it has been really hard to work around such inconsistent and unreliable hours of work so I am currently trying to find a full time position. This time of year is always so hard for retail. Last year when I was a manager, I remember how much of an issue scheduling was because we had such few hours to give out to our team and it upset a lot of our employees, so I totally get it. I just need more consistency and would like to move out of retail.
I was employed as a Christmas Casual and thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Seed. All the staff were very easy to get along with. I already was a SEED customer so I loved the discount to wear their products but also this made it easier to sell the product as well.
Entreprise présente en australie, très fashion et agréable flexible emploi du temps
Expected a lot from casual workers with nothing in return. No regular shifts, were constantly just called on day of. Docked unfair wages. A lot of bullying and tension from managment.
Great communication between managers and staff.
Awesome clothing.

Great people.

Consistent and on time pay.

Productive team environment.

Reasonable KPI's based on actual previous stats.
Pros
Great standard of communication.
This company has some huge issues. Do not accept the offer. You will end up having some real stress issues after joining them.

Bullying everyday on everything. This company needs to get investigated by Human Rights Australia.
Cons
Toxic and Aggressive
This place is a pool of untrained store managers area managers that sit on their butts all day and take up space in your tiny back room making it difficult to do your job, talking on the phone all day area manager doesn’t lift a finger most of the time. Can’t get time off as it’s always understaffed and they take so long to hire people. I’ve heard the area manager talk poorly of other staff in other stores. Inflexible. High work load not enough staff or wage budget to get through it all in a high standard. Manager doesn’t train new staff. Poor communication often only ever communicating to everyone through a book. It’s horrible sess pool of bullying behaviour from all managers
Pros
I get paid a weekly wage
Cons
Clothes are falling apart. Overpriced. Under paid. Bullying workplace
Stay away from this company! The company does not care for its staff, they treat you like dirt. They will spite you over holidays even though they have heaps of casual to cover for you. They make you find someone to cover your shift if your sick. They will not serve you if you come into work out of the hours of 11-3. They discriminate over religious holidays. the area manager does nothing. ALL Managers gossips to casual staff. Overall it's a horrible environment as they encourage bullying and turning staff against one another. They do not train the casuals properly and only care about budgets not about mental health. They would rather externally hire than internally. They roster you on even if you have uni. There is zero communication.
Cons
I loved every minute of working for this company and was disappointed when my visa ran out and I had to leave, great place to work and would love to go back
Pros
friends and life style
Cons
leaving
terrible culture and management that doesn't respect its employees, even making jokes about their cultural and racial differences.

No training provided, shifts cut to three hours as they see fit
Horrible state management. Very difficult to reach incentives. Micro managing and a lot of favouritism from managers. Very long working days. Minimum pay.
Pros
Made a lot of great friends!!
Cons
Management, hours, pay
Overall good company to work for.
Focused on customers first.

Great team. Regional was very supportive.

Long hours sometimes when having to set up for sale periods.
I have worked for Seed Heritage for 5 months as a Part Time Sales Assistant where I helped my Store Manager during the everyday operations of the store. I assist customers by helping them out if they are having a hard time looking for gifts to be given to babies, I would also suggest some of our latest pieces. Whenever my Manager is away, I take over and act as an Acting Store Manager as well since she has also trained me with the intricate part of Retail so whenever she's away I would know how to manage the shop.
If you enjoy being paid minimum award (and heavens forbid you do an hour of overtime), bullying culture, being micro managed and pressured to the point of breaking your mental health then this money hungry company is the one for you! Not to mention they expect you to be an emotionless robot (the state manager said this to me herself, how lovely). Seed drained the soul out of me and i would not recommend it to anyone unless you quite literally have no other option.
Pros
Clothing incentive if you make season budget (difficult if you don't work in a concept store)
You get pregnant and then are treated terribly. Don’t care about you as an individual, just money hungry. Don’t bother working here if you want positive mental health
Pros
50% off current season
Cons
management
to bond with customers and learn to sell through reading body language and helping them feel better about themselves by getting them to try different things on
Great company to work for if you want to progress with your career. Customers service is priority with great incentives for achieving top sales. Clothes and discount is a plus as well.
Nice place, nice team and customers. Too much pressure about objectives but understandable. Good payments, always in time and good benefits if you make good sales.
Unfortunately, this company has a toxic, gossipy environment and it continues up the chain of command. I have never worked for a company with worse communication throughout the entire company. Very disappointing.
Management is quite disconnected to the running of the store as there was a high turn over. The casual and part time staff on my team were 10/10 excellent however replacements for when they left were subpar. Overall decent company to work for, however dont expect to receive your incentives.