Seed Heritage Employee Reviews

Avoid - Bullying starts at the top.
Business Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 July 2019
This company has some huge issues. Do not accept the offer. You will end up having some real stress issues after joining them.

Bullying everyday on everything. This company needs to get investigated by Human Rights Australia.
Cons
Toxic and Aggressive
Do not work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensland2 June 2019
This place is a pool of untrained store managers area managers that sit on their butts all day and take up space in your tiny back room making it difficult to do your job, talking on the phone all day area manager doesn’t lift a finger most of the time. Can’t get time off as it’s always understaffed and they take so long to hire people. I’ve heard the area manager talk poorly of other staff in other stores. Inflexible. High work load not enough staff or wage budget to get through it all in a high standard. Manager doesn’t train new staff. Poor communication often only ever communicating to everyone through a book. It’s horrible sess pool of bullying behaviour from all managers
Pros
I get paid a weekly wage
Cons
Clothes are falling apart. Overpriced. Under paid. Bullying workplace
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong15 May 2019
Stay away from this company! The company does not care for its staff, they treat you like dirt. They will spite you over holidays even though they have heaps of casual to cover for you. They make you find someone to cover your shift if your sick. They will not serve you if you come into work out of the hours of 11-3. They discriminate over religious holidays. the area manager does nothing. ALL Managers gossips to casual staff. Overall it's a horrible environment as they encourage bullying and turning staff against one another. They do not train the casuals properly and only care about budgets not about mental health. They would rather externally hire than internally. They roster you on even if you have uni. There is zero communication.
great place to work
assiatant manager (Former Employee) –  australia sydney15 May 2019
I loved every minute of working for this company and was disappointed when my visa ran out and I had to leave, great place to work and would love to go back
Pros
friends and life style
Cons
leaving
stay away from this company
Sales Assistant (casual) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 April 2019
terrible culture and management that doesn't respect its employees, even making jokes about their cultural and racial differences.

No training provided, shifts cut to three hours as they see fit
Wouldn't recommend!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales25 March 2019
Horrible state management. Very difficult to reach incentives. Micro managing and a lot of favouritism from managers. Very long working days. Minimum pay.
Pros
Made a lot of great friends!!
Cons
Management, hours, pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW1 March 2019
Overall good company to work for.
Focused on customers first.
Great team. Regional was very supportive.
Long hours sometimes when having to set up for sale periods.
Fun place to share my customer service skills
Permanent Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 February 2019
I have worked for Seed Heritage for 5 months as a Part Time Sales Assistant where I helped my Store Manager during the everyday operations of the store. I assist customers by helping them out if they are having a hard time looking for gifts to be given to babies, I would also suggest some of our latest pieces. Whenever my Manager is away, I take over and act as an Acting Store Manager as well since she has also trained me with the intricate part of Retail so whenever she's away I would know how to manage the shop.
Worst retailer i have worked for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales31 January 2019
If you enjoy being paid minimum award (and heavens forbid you do an hour of overtime), bullying culture, being micro managed and pressured to the point of breaking your mental health then this money hungry company is the one for you! Not to mention they expect you to be an emotionless robot (the state manager said this to me herself, how lovely). Seed drained the soul out of me and i would not recommend it to anyone unless you quite literally have no other option.
Pros
Clothing incentive if you make season budget (difficult if you don't work in a concept store)
Terrible
2IC Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 October 2018
You get pregnant and then are treated terribly. Don’t care about you as an individual, just money hungry. Don’t bother working here if you want positive mental health
Pros
50% off current season
Cons
management
What you learn
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 August 2018
to bond with customers and learn to sell through reading body language and helping them feel better about themselves by getting them to try different things on
Great Sales Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 July 2018
Great company to work for if you want to progress with your career. Customers service is priority with great incentives for achieving top sales. Clothes and discount is a plus as well.
Nice place but too much pressure
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 March 2018
Nice place, nice team and customers. Too much pressure about objectives but understandable. Good payments, always in time and good benefits if you make good sales.
Poor management and toxic environment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Perth WA31 January 2018
Unfortunately, this company has a toxic, gossipy environment and it continues up the chain of command. I have never worked for a company with worse communication throughout the entire company. Very disappointing.
Not bad
Sales Assistant & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC21 January 2018
Management is quite disconnected to the running of the store as there was a high turn over. The casual and part time staff on my team were 10/10 excellent however replacements for when they left were subpar. Overall decent company to work for, however dont expect to receive your incentives.
Bulling culture is out of control
Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 January 2018
How NSW state management still has their job is an outrage. Their idea of management is to have team members fear them not respect them. No supportive or acknowledgement for growth. There ads for roles are full of lies. There is NO support from higher management. Only agreessive micro management. Meeting are called to talk about bad preformance and then there is no support or training afterwards. State management degrade, blame, manipulate and ignore staff. Owners have done nothing about this heinous work environment or NSW state management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Nsw state management creating an unhealthy workplace
good
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW22 November 2017
My direct manager was flexible, caring and a wonderful person to work for. The team and work environment was welcoming and relaxed. I was luckily placed in a concession store so it was a small team and everyone was well looked after.
Hand on Job with varied responsibilities
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Australia9 August 2017
Seed Heritage is a privately owned Australian clothing retailer, trading in Australia , Singapore and New Zealand and online.

I worked across store and head office and found the staff to be friendly. The team I worked with in store were very friendly and welcoming, I this was partly due to the fact that the team had worked together for a long time and it was a smaller store.
Pros
City Based Head office and stores located in and around the city
never dull
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 June 2017
Great name
Not so great wage
Hard work not recognised unless this equates to $$
$$$ are only recognised in large sites
great team environment.
lovely managers and AMS
Productivity not monitored.
Processes are archaic and not streamlined
Non adaptive workplace.
Pros
great team work together
Cons
salary
Fun working environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sandgate QLD31 May 2017
Nice people to work with. Good managers, supervisors and volunteers. Meet new and interesting people being a community centre. Access to computers for people who don't own one.
Pros
Free coffee and tea