SENSATIONAL KIDS Employee Reviews

Good therapist are good
Speech pathologist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AR1 August 2019
You are not paid in time and the LM treated me horrible. I was insulted and treated like a slave
I was accused of all sort of crazy things and then she took my stuff and hid it in a draw.
Sensational kids
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA3 July 2019
This company best support for babies and toddlers with caring and loving workers, comfort the kids much as possible, feed them,change them,read to them ect
Good education
One on One Aide (Former Employee) –  Holland, OH26 October 2018
The teachers worked very hard. The children got the education and attention they needed. They made a team effort every day and were always willing to help when needed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
No benefits or paid time off
Making a difference in Children with Developmental Delays
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapist (rBT) (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA25 August 2018
Sensational Kids offered me the opportunity to provide direct therapy (services) to children who were primarily on the autism spectrum. I wasn't an isolated service, as I was there for physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy so that the skills I was teaching were being generalized in a variety of settings.

The company took into consideration the types of clients I would work best with due to my pregnancy. I wasn't willing to compromise working with a child who may be aggressive during this time. However, I was able to work children with any variety of behaviors at any other time.

As a contractor, I was offered clients, given the details and the times the client preferred, and I was able to choose which cases I would take on. The programming and assessment was written by a BCBA, and I always felt the BCBA was available when I felt I needed new goals for the clients, or when new situations or behaviors would arise that were out of my scope of practice. (For instance, one child had begun taking his seatbelt off in the car. Clearly, as an rBT I didn't qualify to develop programming or a behavior plan for such behavior).

There was much autonomy in my position. I was working toward my Master's, in order to sit for the exam to become a BCBA. I was paid well for the experience I already had. My input for each of my clients was valued, and I was able to gain advice from a seasoned BCBA when requested it. The company gives you full responsibility for the methods or procedures you choose when working a child's programming. Being that I specifically
  more... prefer errorless teaching and Verbal Behavior, I was happy with this freedom. I did however, have concerns for those clients who may have had less experienced technicians than I.

The company paid for the training I required in order to meet the standards to bill health insurance. I was able to complete it at my own pace (which was quickly for me) and it provided true video training for all types of situations as well as the basic principles of behaviorism. There is no reason why a new hire would walk into a new client's home and not know what to do, as the training was very beneficial.

I would have stayed with this company had we not had to move to another state due to military orders for my spouse.
Pros
Very competitive pay, Paid training, autonomy, choice in clients based on your experience, and preferences
Cons
None, it is contractor work
amazing work place
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OK18 August 2018
flexblie workplace . Management is amazing
very fast paced , and can become stressful at some point but its all worth it know that you are getting children the therapy they need . can be loud threw out the building but what do you expect working with kids
A very enjoyable place to work for !
Dont car about there staff or children there
Specail Needs Teacher Asst. (Former Employee) –  Holland, OH13 October 2017
the owners and office people show favorites a lot to staff they don't care about children there if they do its favorites and all they want is money. They promise things to parents and they never give them. again all they want is your money!
Pros
cheap gifts
Cons
people there
fun, hardworking
cleaning technician (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OK29 April 2016
work hard, very super cleaning helped people
my coworkers help me learned everything
worked five full day
walk and work fast
fun, play, hard work
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OK23 April 2016
it slow day for kids are not at sensational kids
not very much
i management well as cleaning
my co workers is busy
slow boring day
nice place to work, nice owner, less office work
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL30 November 2014
This was a good place to work. Nice owner. Small clinic. Only three therapists. I would have liked more energy and more people to bounce ideas off of, but that isn't possible at a small clinic. I saw 6 patients a day for 45 minute sessions. The best part of the job was the kids and the worst part of the job was the paperwork. Management was good, as it was just the owner, handling it herself. I was happy not to have to do any billing or scheduling. It was a good experience, and I learned a lot.
Pros
nice owner. no billing or scheduling, great kids
Cons
not enough hours, very small staff, evals and reports
Fun and creative work environment.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NY4 March 2014
A typical day at work at Sensational Kids consisted of attendance, then 2-3 days a week we would go on trips to places like the Bronx Zoo, the movies, the pool, etc. If we did not go on trips then the children would stay at the camp and partake in a multitude of activities such as outdoor free play, arts and crafts, and indoor games such as dodgeball, freeze dance, and steal the bacon.
I learned a lot about how to work with many different people and how to work with people even if you have opposing views. I also learned how to be creative and think outside the box in terms of how to solve conflicts between the children and new games to keep them interested.
I personally loved most of my co-workers and have become great friends with them. My managers were very easy to work with and were always helpful whenever I needed anything.
The hardest part of the job would probably be how frustrating it can be when my co-workers were unwilling to do the job they were assigned and therefore I would have to do some of their work them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends with the people I work with and being able to play with the children on a daily basis.
Pros
Great friends, fun activities
Cons
Long hours, low pay
High stress
Managing Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne Wy12 December 2013
HIgh stress for little pay. Not family friendly and definitely struggles with letting go and allowing others to do the job they were hired to perform.
beneficial hands-on experience in my field of study
Intern (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJ14 September 2013
I interned during the summer camp hours of Sensational Kids and managed small groups of children with special needs, improving the children's motor skills, social skills, and physical strength and endurance.

I worked one on one with a child with autism, which taught me a lot about how to supervise children with special needs. I also learned many techniques on how to improve children's motor skills and social skills.

This facility is a private school which is managed by certified therapists. My coworkers and I each managed seperate groups of about 3 or 4 children throughout the day.

The most difficult part of the job was getting accustomed to supervising and instructing children with special needs. However, once I became comfortable in this job, it was the most rewarding feeling knowing that I was able to help children gain the skills necessary to succeed in school and social situations.