Serco Facilities Management

12: Serco Facilities Management Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Fast paced.

Fast paced work. Didn't interview with them as they bought out previous company. Their record keeping in HR needs looking at as they seem to keep losing employee information. We've lost the contract 3 months ago) but have not been informed when we finish up so stressed at the moment.

School Cleaner

Given 5.1 hours to clean a school of over 280 students by myself. One cleaner could not do this in 8 hrs.Different Managers help ad hoc by vaccuming, but role is not fair

Pros

Local Job

Cons

Too much work Security non existant working alone Inconsistant and unprofessional Manager

Very poor upper management support to new Manager.

Facilities First, I would consider the worst experience I have come across in 30 plus years. When upper management expectations exceeds a new manager’s knowledge of his new unseen environment, with the attitude of take control from day 1. I am grateful for my direct up line for his genuine support and best efforts, but a KPi system that places unrealistic expectations on someone from the start, you are set up to fail. Required apps and portholes needed to do the daily tasks not available or unable to access, an operating system essential for the role success unavailable for weeks and information upload portholes not accessible. Job description unfolding, not from any initial mentoring but through weekly online teams meetings with other managers discussing KPi expectations and current work commitment expectations, helped me gain hidden role expectations and KPi requirements and time lines. I was given a work phone that was for many weeks useless in having correct contact information etc. The portfolio was a mess left from a previous manager and upper management did not appear to have operations knowledge in such a mess and the time required to fix many problems. It takes time to meet and assemble the teams appropriately and effectively bring changes, especially when some problems were intrenched for more than 10 years. This is only a snap shot of the fullness I experienced. When, in a meeting you are called a lier by your contracts manager, that’s when a business has crossed the line into dangerous ground. As I said, the worst experience I have ever encountered.

Amazing Work Place

- Career growth opportunities- Team work - Supportive - Encourages ideas and Thoughts- Flexibility of working from home - Team Lunches - Flexibility of choosing working hours

A job to get by

If you want to feel valued and respected by management for any feedback to do things better. This isnt your company. If you want an easy job where youre not valued and it doesnt bother you... maybe. HR wont value either, limited conflict resolution skills even when you are clear on the grievance. You wont be taken seriously. If you want a fill in job on your way to better things, its a maybe. If you want to feel like a valued member of a team, a collaborative environment.. this isnt the job for you.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Management style

Fun

Cleaners is the best experience ever working with this company for almost 2 years and half is amazing. Jobs are easy and is easy to be learn, a lots of fun

Cons

8hrs

Great company to work with

It is amazing to work at FFA. Company is growing day by day so do the opportunity. You’ll get all the necessary training. Managers are very professional and experienced.

Fantastic

they are a friendly team who will help with your work and personal needs in anyway they can. Management is easy to deal with can not fault the company

Very poor understanding

Very bad experience I have and I was sick during the work and I asked to the management about my day off but thay saying I can't have day off what a shameful and management is very poor.

poor management

at the time, not now, company had poor management systems and poor support structures. senior management was present but it didn't pass through middle management effectively.

is not a stressful one

Working with facility first Australia can be demanding but its okay on everyone. Facility first Australia demands are friendly and strictly adhere to workplace policy.

Great company to work for

Have always looked after us pay is always on time time off when needed plus sick always can go managers always to talk to whenever we need to confidential always guaranteed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Facilities Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Serco Facilities Management with