Serco Group

Serco Group Employee Reviews

Australia250 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 250 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,250 reviews

Good place to work, nice colleagues, coffee and tea provided, good kitchen facilities

most of the floor walkers had no previous training as we all started around the same time and therefore not really equiped to help with complex enquiries. Most of the trainers returned to other sites after the training ended and we were left to muddle through ourselves. Frustrating, long wait times for customers.

Pros

free parking, mostly friendly co workers

Cons

very strict adherence to break times. If you are late (even due to illness), you'll be fired

Supportive work culture, Flexible Hours, Access to Serco Benefits

This is my 8th year at Serco, I have been provided many opportunities over the past 8 years including training, development and higher duties. Work/Life balance suits my requirements. We work hard but are also rewarded with the flexibility. With 5 Business Unit's, over 10,000 employees in AsPAC the opportunities are endless once you are employed.We have a fantastic referral program which is no only lucrative to those that refer it provides you with the opportunity to work with your friends / past colleagues.

Pros

work flexibility, training opportunities, growth opportunities, work culture

Good for building customer experience

As contact centres goes you will be dealing with Australians in all types of emotions and it can be overwhelming. Serco always encourages you to ask for help and mistakes are made which is okay! The culture is great but the work load is intense. Within the NDIS department the training was 5 weeks long and very thorough and which I appreciated however I was not expected to be thrown into 5 different work types; inbound, outbound calls, salesforce/emails processing, IT outbound work and data entry. Was it all worth with the pay I received on a fortnightly basis? Absolutely not however working on public holidays the pay rate was okay. I’m sure it would be enough to cover the cost of living however it depends. This job is good for younger people looking for experience in customer service and have no financial obligations. Don’t let my review shy you away from applying. There’s a lot of support so if you ask you will receive, you make great friendships with those you work with, team leaders and op managers are very understanding and the flexibility of work/life balance is great as many people who work with Serco have families and Serco understand the commitment of its employees to their families. I also have an anxiety disorder and they were very understanding and patient with me so as far are mental health goes, they understand how the workload can take a toll. My advice if you do get this job is to be patient with yourself, make friends with those in your training and in your team, always ask for help there’s no same in not knowing anything and try to enjoy your weekends as -

Pros

Great friends, thorough training, ongoing support

Cons

Work load, angry participants, overwhelming calls

Not good place to work

Not a good place to work. At Serco Less pay and more & Strict work(Micro Managed). Team leader & management get better pay & benefits. Please don't work here.

Pros

Non

The company have no commitment or empathy

You will always just be a number at Serco. The whole company is about supply and demand. Your there to do a task nothing more. The moment your in need of assistance the door is shown.

Pros

Plenty of overtime if your in with the people who dish it out

Cons

A dishonest money driven culture

Blood sucker

They pay minimum wages with high expiation from an employee. Worst workplace to work at. Too muck politics at small place. That is why no one stays with them for more then 1-2 years.

Pros

Cons

Small unpaid lunch break

Disastrous experience

Working for Serco at Clarence Correctional Centre was the biggest mistake that I have made during my working life.Extremely poor and unprofessional management team who had no idea how to manage a Correctional Centre.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Too many to mention.

Working from home was great

Working from home with great sometimes it was stressful but sometimes it was easy the team members are always helpful the general experience was very nice I liked -working there

Never again

Serco especially at Essesdon Fields is the worse. Constant drama, team leaders are immature and lazy. The ops managers are biased and also extremely lazy. They just watch everyone else do Thier job. The people who carry the contract are the CSOs. The job itself is stressful but the people you meet makes it much worse . Never again

Productive and fun to work.for

100% great company to work for, sadly my part is closing down.Pay rate is very low but should be higher py rate fir what we have to put up with with some customers

Good Organization

A collaborative work culture Open to creativity and new ideas Has work pressure yet one can have a good work life balance Hybrid work model Daily deadlines A surge project that needed a focused deadline

Great job great company

Serco always look after their employees. Great managers and management. The management have fast respond to their employees to solve problems . Serco have good commitment to do the best for the employees to grow with great skills and provide trainings. These make Serco always have best services for the communities, governments , also environments.

awful place, highly stressful for average pay

What else can I say, avoid this place if you have ever experienced anxiety because it WILL exacerbate it. The training does basically nothing to help, and then you're thrown in the deep end with one supervisor to help a group of 30ish people.

former work from home call centre officer

Never ever work for this company, I ended up almost become a paticipant of NIIS. Most team leaders only worried about KPI( I guess for their own purpose), there was a floor manager constantly check your performance whether you've been talking too long or your break is few minutes over which made you feel you are under the micro screen which made you feel like a prisoner, some TLs are rude and bossy, I do not blame them given they didn't have proper training for this role and have not experienced much in real life(most of them are young in thier 20s). the salary is shocking, I think was just under $22 per hour which was just a bit over the minimum wage considering it was half degree job.

Pros

no Pros

Cons

All Cons

Health and Safety Hazard work.

If you like to receive daily constant abuse from the general public,no proper breaks,health and safety work issues not addressed, poor salary and work prospects, inconsiderate and inhumane management, then this is the right job for you. If not, then find somewhere else.

Pros

Cons

Health and safety concerns not addressed, incompetent leadership team, no growth prospects.

Enjoyable job

It’s a “it is what you make it” kind of job and attitude plays a huge part. The people who work there are fantastic and there are some amazing people in management roles. Giving 100% and following policies will get you far

Okay job.

easy job to get into, no experienced needed and you get trained. you also have teams which are willing to help. however, the only bad thing is that KPIs are a bit extreme to meet. support when putting in a ticket, you can wait up til an hour.

Pros

Good people

Cons

KPIs and payrate not good.

Work from home position with online training was great

Took me a little longer to come up to speed but support team was very helpful. It was great to learn new online software/technologies having been out of the IT sector for several years. Good payrate + super. Very organised job structure with daily start of shift meeting with a Team leader. Enjoyed interacting and assisting clients online

Pros

Team work and support was great

Cons

Lots of initial effort but, job only lasted for 6-weeks with diminishing shift/hours

A very nice place to work very friendly staff

Excellent place to work , very friendly staff to work with. Had a good experience with at Serco would recommend it to anyone. I had a good experience with the company had lots of support.

Pros

free morning tea

Awful place to work.

When employed as a MRSCO, you're given 12 days of training to perform your duties, the training offered was professional, however once you start working things will go down hill very quickly. Management are okay but the work itself is tied up in so much government regulation that it just makes it unbearable. There is no real room for work life balance as the rosters are always changing so you do not have adequate time to plan things around this role, work hours are long and pulling 10-12 hour shifts is common, during which you will not receive a break at all. I made a drastic error in accepting this role and I am only writing this to warn others to not make the same mistake. Turnover in this role is also quite high and I can only imagine it is because of the abuse you receive from the public coupled with how restrictive everything is. The most enjoyable part of the role was the training given and the most hardest part of the job was dragging myself into work everyday dreading the idea that I will see a work email about something trivial that I would need to fix out of work hours.

A company that likes to put the pressure on permanently

Very poor company to work for They also like to underpay their employees Management is very unproffesional they are only interested in what they have to say not what you have to sayHardest part of the job they are always pushing more and more work on to their employees

Pros

overtime they dont pay you for it

Cons

they are more interested in profit and greed than their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Serco Group with

• Serco Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?