Serco Group

3.4Work–Life Balance
3.3Pay & Benefits

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,250 reviews

Not Serco’s fault

I was working for Serco on the Department of health calls this is not Serco ‘s fault but I believed that the Victorian health department asked way too many personal questions to the people at the other end of the phone. The team leaders and the other support staff were really good. I was offered an alternative job but that paid $21.50 an hour So I said no thanks

Pros

Work your own hours

Cons

There wasn’t enough consistent hours in the end

Not good place to work

Not a good place to work. At Serco Less pay and more & Strict work(Micro Managed). Team leader & management get better pay & benefits. Please don't work here.

Pros

Non

Blood sucker

They pay minimum wages with high expiation from an employee. Worst workplace to work at. Too muck politics at small place. That is why no one stays with them for more then 1-2 years.

Pros

Cons

Small unpaid lunch break

Productive and fun to work.for

100% great company to work for, sadly my part is closing down.Pay rate is very low but should be higher py rate fir what we have to put up with with some customers

former work from home call centre officer

Never ever work for this company, I ended up almost become a paticipant of NIIS. Most team leaders only worried about KPI( I guess for their own purpose), there was a floor manager constantly check your performance whether you've been talking too long or your break is few minutes over which made you feel you are under the micro screen which made you feel like a prisoner, some TLs are rude and bossy, I do not blame them given they didn't have proper training for this role and have not experienced much in real life(most of them are young in thier 20s). the salary is shocking, I think was just under $22 per hour which was just a bit over the minimum wage considering it was half degree job.

Pros

no Pros

Cons

All Cons

Health and Safety Hazard work.

If you like to receive daily constant abuse from the general public,no proper breaks,health and safety work issues not addressed, poor salary and work prospects, inconsiderate and inhumane management, then this is the right job for you. If not, then find somewhere else.

Pros

Cons

Health and safety concerns not addressed, incompetent leadership team, no growth prospects.

A very nice place to work very friendly staff

Excellent place to work , very friendly staff to work with. Had a good experience with at Serco would recommend it to anyone. I had a good experience with the company had lots of support.

Pros

free morning tea

Cons

Very low salary for type of work, stressful work

Team leaders are ruthless if you make a mistake, even if you have been thrown into a new work type with extremely limited trainingStressful environment does not match the salary at all

No worth wasting your energy on place.

like thisBased on a set of four values - Trust, Care, Innovation, Pride - that does not match at all. When it comes to people who try there best to be a part of the team there are no support or respect. Serco is not match with what they say what they are. negative toxic place to work where no one is going to be appreciated or valued.

Pros

They have some working from home very few good people

Cons

low salary high expectation, people been bullied, no support but lot of criticism, work is usually very demanding and stressful but as company they will not support you to grow.

Chill management

Job security's actually pretty good provided you're good at your job. Many people just plain don't show up half the time, not adhering to your schedule is at approximately 15% across the contract as an average.The training could be better but honestly, you learn as you go and sure you get pulled up if you do something wrong, but that's apart of the process. You don't get fired because of it, and God knows many people really need to go.The pay's pretty bad though.

Pros

- Job security - Management - Work-life balance

Cons

- Salary - Not enough training, offset by the fact you can learn as you go though.

Toxic place

At the beginning it was great but then The amount and number of tasks given overwhelming yet they update very often and change you to a new role and expected to be great. Was very stressful for me but I managed to stay for 1 and half year with a ok pay. It's good for someone desperate but not someone potential.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Toxic place

Worked from home

It was flexible and a great job opportunity. I could homeschool my kids and still have a job it was funtastic and I was able to choose days and hours I wanted to work.

Its ok - mixed

Stressful targets impossible to maintain. Really low pay for high stress. Management are horrific, they pay painfully low for the stress you go through daily. PAY RANGES $22 TO $23.50 for 1st Year. Low pay for INTENSE WORKLOAD. Everything is money driven. Cost cutting is to the point of making work difficult to complete. Co workers were great. Some Team Managers were nice. Fast paced work + plenty of chances to up-skill, pay is on the lower end of fair & reasonable.

Pros

Team mates

Cons

Not many cons

Mmmmm

SERCO is only interested in profit. Everything is money driven. Cost cutting is to the point of making work difficult to complete.Suck Every Red Cent Out is what SERCO is about.

Pros

Cons

You are expected to work for free with extra hours at no pay.

Wouldn't recommend

You are Working long hours for the minimal wage. There are so many expectations and KPIs that the team leaders wants us to meet . The pay doesn't match thier expectations . It's a mentally stressful and exhausting job. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. It really isn't worth your mental health . It only gets worse

Cons

Long hours, no support, low wage

Poor wages and inacessable location

This is a typical call centre environment with your every minute of the work day monitored. The work itself is not so bad, lots to learn at first but once on the phones it gets easier. The biggest problems are the low pay and the fact that there is only very limited parking near the building so you need to either get in early, take public transport, or have a 15-20 minute walk to the closest parking.

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, lack of access

Please dont waste your time.

Such a toxic work environment with minimum pay. They are focused on their kpis rather than their staff. They care heaps about unplanned leave (and in turn expect u to provide medical certificates) when majority of their staff are casual. This also effects your chances if you apply for other roles. Even with the certificates provided. To book days off you need to book way in advance which is crazy with the amount of people they have rostered on. They cut shifts with very little warning and just put it down to 'business needs' and can't give you a definite answer when things will pick up again. Their training is way to fast and not effective. They expect their call centre agents to now do processing work with very basic training from a trainer who has no business being a trainer as she does not have the patience and understanding. Training 100 people at once is ridiculous. No extra pay either for this work, when it is a lot more stressful. They have lost a lot of people, but do they care? No! They just keep hiring more people. They try to motivate us with free food days which they think we will be happy with. Sorry but it just doesn't cut it. The only positive to working here is your colleagues. They are all great and supportive. Some of the team leaders are okay! Please think twice before applying to work at Serco.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Salary, Management

I have nothing much to say Place is a Multicultural environment Workers are friendly to each other Car park onsite Coffee provided in the kitchen Overall I think it the work itself is ok But pay and management can do better

basically a really bad career choice

Dont handle anything well, especially if hurt at work here. Very unorganised for travel and dont expect to get out of pocket expensess met. Go on secondment and you will pay through the pocket. Hr is very bad to deal with.

Good

It was a good experience working for Australian Taxation and learnt a lot of knowledge in that job. Also, lots of free food and casual wear everyday which was amazing and team was very friendly. But the work is pretty stressful and the pay is too less.

Disgusting Culture

Culture of bullying, lies, cliques, empty promises and even more bullying. Raise this with management and you are told that you are the problem. Do not expect any progression if you are not part of the clique that exists. Disgusting work life balance and even more disgusting pay. Minimum wage to do this job should almost be illegal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Serco Group with

• Serco Group
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?