Serco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Serco:

Serco Employee Reviews

Australia239 reviews
The job culture isn't great, there is a lot of growing pains to work through but the pay is lovely.
Colleagues are definitely what helps you get through the tough days as well as the events that may pop up every now and again (bad past day, pyjama day etc).
if you must
poor training - KPI focused NOT customer solution focused - unsupportive management- Part timers expected to do full time ongoing- no dress code- no recognition
I loved my job at Serco
Worked for them for 11 years. Enjoyed my job. Experienced many areas of my position. I was not micro managed which enabled me to grow. I worked in an awsome team that came together when the pressure was on.
Pros
Not micro managed
Dysfunctional and Disorganised
We were advised that we would receive 4 weeks of training which for operational reasons, was then changed to 3 days. The training was vague covering irrelevant material which was lengthy and inconsistent to what we were expected to know to do the job - this resulted in unnecessary information overload. After a few days of training, we then were told to disregard what was taught with a new focus area which was then rushed with the expectation that we immediately take calls thereafter with hardly any systems based training. There was no real goal objectives being sent but just a whole lot of never ending slides and information which left new employees feeling overwhelmed without much context or nexus to the job itself. The work culture appeared to be highly rigid with senior staff in fluro vests so that they could be distinguished - this sort of clothing seemed to helped some feel more superior, it’s a vest! There wasn’t much positivity and quite a suffocating environment. You are confined to 2 x 10 mins breaks and 1 x 30 mins breaks which must be taken at designated times. If you get stuck on a call, this in turn affects your adherence irrespective which doesn’t give a true and fair view. It is also a paperless environment which doesn’t actually help when you rely on taking down notes during training and there seems to be a distrust towards employees bringing even a pen. Finally, slamming hands on an employee’s desk for simply moving a metre away saying “lock your computer!” isn’t a good look when they simply were helping a colleague out and only had the intranet open. You’d - more...
Disgusting and Illegal
Serco is run by children who have no idea what they're doing. They have no knowledge of the appropriate legislation and often do not abide by it. They bully, intimidate and abuse their staff. They have unrealistic expectations. Their strategy to employ people with disability looks positive from an outsiders scope, but when placed into a high pressure role with little support the results are catastrophic. Many fellow staff members have expressed their mental health and wellbeing as suffered as a result of employment at Serco. There is no support regarding the vulnerable nature of the position, which leaves both customers and staff at risk. This is all for $20 an hour. The lack of continuity between Serco and their client creates a hostile and confusing working environment that is impossible to navigate when combined with the uneducated, abusive, and lazy management. Who if which would rather have a group cigarette together than do their jobs.

Summary: run.
Prison jail cell
I'm voicing my concerns for all those who working for Serco during the Covid-19 outbreak. Okay so essentially we aren't allowed to by choice wear protective gear like a mask for work because its a security issue which makes no logical sense, I asked to provide legal legislation from Serco that states why you cannot wear a mask during a infectious outbreak, management had nothing to back there decisions up, its not a hygienic workplace at all.Hot desking environment does not provide sanitiser wet wipes to agents or appropriate paper towels in bathrooms door handles not cleaned frequently either. Well currently Victoria is in lockdown why is Serco still operating without taking proper procedures because it's not in there interest to protect the agents health and safety. I'll give a brief example so we are in a tight open environment where we've been advised to keep 1.5 meters away from each other but the desk's are connected and everyone is squished together like sardines. How to avoid an infection if you can't protect yourself. Which is absolutely a crime to be committing all employer's and employee's should have a fair right to protect themselves in any way possible in relation to a potential carona virus that is going to wipe out a vast majority of our under populated country in Australia if not careful. Serco Mil park does not have the best interest for it's worker's whom are also elderly and may have immunity issues, treated like in high school held against our free rights. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone basically it's a form of slavery and no concerns are brought forward - more...
Contract position
Serco won a maintainence contract to manage Yarra Valley Waters water and Sewage works for a 3 year term I was employed as a maintenance Supervisor for that period
Really bad management
Worse management and really bad experience. Management and HR never listen your concern. Very rude managers. Horrible place. Horrible place. Dandenong call centre is the worse place.
Very bad mangers.

Very stressful work environment.
Excellent Work Place with new technologies.
I had a great time working for the company. I have learn lots and good place be and learn new technologies.

Nice work environment is quite supportive and friendly and so are management.

Good thing is about work life balance.
The worst place to work
I worked for 4 years at the Fiona Stanley Hospital site. The job itself is fine and the other agents are mostly great. Management and HR do not listen to any concerns and encourage an environment of backstabbing and sabotage. Honestly one of the worst places I have ever worked. Took a year to recover from the gaslighting, bullying from management and other staff. If you lie well and like to backstab to get ahead then it’s definitely the place for you.
great mix of people
Gained experience, great skills, great social days- theme days- pie lunch, bbq's egg and bacon breakfast, good kitchen set up.
A great mix of people and ages.
High pressure environment
the structure of the training had changed when i started, hence i received minimal training to be able to do the big picture. training is hard when you are not able to train on the programs, then as soon as you hit the phones and on the programs for the first time you are being evaluated. If you received a bad evaluation during training, eg the first couple of days on the program, they seem to keep an eye on you and keep evaluating you on a more regular basis, Constantly under pressure to follow timelines, when on a call. Hope you dont need to go to the toilet on a regular basis.
I have nothing much to say
Place is a Multicultural environment

Workers are friendly to each other

Car park onsite

Coffee provided in the kitchen

Overall I think it the work itself is ok

But pay and management can do better
Serious
Lots to learn, very serious about rules and regulations. Loads of training to keep you on your feet. Hours of operation work greatly in my favour just that it was casual position. I enjoyed my time at Serco.
My experience.
Be professional, aware, expect to work as a team, days or nights, weekends, public holidays, look after each other, have a joke here and there but at the end of the shift go home knowing that you are a professional and trained correctly on all tasks assigned to yourself and team members.
horrible
horrible place. management are internally promoted and the power goes to their head causing you to be micromanaged. You're hired to be a robot...………..
Toxic Workplace
Serco is the most unprofessional workplace ever. The team leaders talk down on there fellow agents. A lot of them don't even want to help and they make people feel bad if they struggle with the work. As for the agents who work there, they should learn how to respect each other. I never knew workplace bullying was a thing until I worked at Serco. So glad to be out of that toxic environment.
Bad Company/Management
Labyrinth of systems, SHOCKING MGT & training ! It could be rewarding, but make it impossible to learn and be enjoyable. GVT stupid 4 out-sourcing...
Productive and fun workplace with music programs and good sporting facilities
Great team.
Meet good (Serco) people to work with.

Made some good friends with in the local community (CI).

As I was a full-time permanent the accomodation provided was excellent.

Great facilities and support from senior staff.
Absolutely Amazing place to work
My employment at Serco was filled with opportunity and learning, I learned the ins and outs of my industry and was constantly challenged by my environment.

Serco is one of the most accepting environments I've ever worked in, everyone is incredibly supportive and will always be there to help you along the way to becomming a master of your craft
Productive and enjoyable role.
The work is rostered with different time slots as needed to comply with government requirements. Normally, we are given a 10 hour job to set up and run the assigned tasks.
I have learned how to be attentive to details and follow instructions set out for us. Time management is a must and detailed reporting is mandated.

Workplace culture is great, generally working alone with regular visit from operations manager. OHS is emphasized and adhered to daily.

The hardest part is when you have to go to court to present evidence to people who have violated road rules.

Enjoyable part is working alone and the discretionary role included.