Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Reviews in Darwin NT

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 3,467 reviews
Featured review
Serco selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my job as hospitality manger, and the other workers.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD22 April 2016
My job with SSDS as a hospitality manager gave me the oppertunity to show my customers my talent to serve them and to look after their wellbeing when they attended their respective messes. My co-workers and myself got on together really effectively, I didnt find any part of the job hard and the enjoyable bits were when the officers had their functions and were pleased with how things were run.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
Nil
Excellent place to meet people
Mess Supervisor - Following Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT18 January 2018
Great workplace servicing the Australian forces. Friendly people. Excellent opportunities to gain certificates, plenty of training support. Never a dull day, every day is different.
not this company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT25 March 2017
as they are rude to you if not quick enough they give a waring
the other work whinge and wine be hind your back when it your day off,
even if trying your 100%,supervisor is not very nice I would reckon mend this company I was stressed and very very unhappy there
Pros
there none
Cons
rude staff
Great Pay and People
Security (A/CSM), Client Service Officer (CSO) (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT9 February 2017
Staff can be extremely clicky. Management weren't on the same page with a lot of things which made it hard for staff when working overtime on a different line.
It's not a hard job. A lot of standing/static posts.
Pros
Great pay
Exciting place to work!
Client Services Officer/Negotiator 2IC (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT24 December 2016
Lots of opportunity for job advancement. Helpful Managers who are always there to answer question's and offer support to workers.
Need to stay adaptable and open minded
Transport & Escort officer (Former Employee) –  Wickham Point Immigration Detention Centre, Darwin8 November 2016
Overall, Serco (Wickham Point Immigration Detention Centre) was an enjoyable place to work at. I worked with some really good people who will be life long friends. I learned a lot of new skills while I was employed there, and also learned a lot about the diversity of different cultures and their beliefs.
During my five years of employment there I took on many new and different roles. I met each new challenge professionally and curtiously. If I had not been made redundant when the centre closed down, I have no doubt I would still be employed there.
Previously to working at Serco, I have been employed as a Bar attendant/Bar supervisor at various establishments for 29 years. All jobs were long term.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No overtime
Many different aspects of this job
Detainee Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT23 June 2016
A typical day at work was to ensure the welfare of many different ethnic groups while detained awaiting visa's. Security of the facilities both dynamic and static.
Pros
Convercing with many different people
I enjoyed working for Serco
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT25 April 2016
We had to have our cleaning work done with in certain time during our shift as we had people using the facilities at different times of the day. My supervisor and manager were good to work with. The co-workers were a great team and I enjoyed working with them. I really enjoy cleaning and being on the move all the time and know you have done a good job.
I enjoyed all of my working days with Serco, I was able to make a difference
Specialist Language Teacher P & A , Welfare (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT29 March 2016
My day consisted of lesson preparation for the English classes. It all depended on the age of the group, but not always the level, I took this into consideration each lesson so that everyone had a chance to learn something new, often the more advanced students would help others.
I learned a lot about teaching and preparation especially for children aged between 4 and 12.
I was happy with the management as they were chosen for the specific situation we were in with providing education and activities including welfare for the refugees in our care.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the people go to communities as we were not to form any relationships with the detainees so there was to be no further communication with them once they were in the community.
My job was so enjoyable my only regret was that a lot of us were made redundant due to the new laws and turning back the boats.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
The weather in Leonora and Darwin
Stressful Job and Situations.
FT Canteen Assistant Former Employee (Former Employee) –  WPIDC Darwin NT2 February 2016
I spent 3 and half years working for Serco in their shop. Serving a mixture of detainees made up of Asylum Seekers, Over stayers and ex Prison inmates. The job itself is easy and management was good but the detainees were very unreasonable and demanding and uncooperative and that got worse as time went on. Safety for staff is a major concern and I would not work here unless you have patience lots of tolerance and a very calm personality as it's the most stressful job you could ever imagine. You do get paid very well because of this.
Pros
Great pay and good hours
Cons
Long journey to work. Stressful and not enough Staff.
Great for Work/Life balance however no job security
Welfare Manager and Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin, NT5 October 2015
Enjoyed my time working for Serco however due to the political nature of the job there was no job security and eventually my role was made redundant along with 300+ others.
Fun Environment
Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Darwin28 March 2015
Working in this industry has opened my eyes to the many different cultures that are n the world. I have worked with some of the best people I have ever met in my life. I actually enjoyed getting up each morning to go to work due to the people I was working with and how much I enjoyed their company.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
No work life balance
Clients Services Officer (Former Employee) –  DARWIN NT11 February 2014
Checking in persons wanting enter center
How to use metal detector and hand wand
Got on well
Worked well as team
Trying to stop band items from entering center
Working with good team
Pros
Very good money
Cons
Long shifts
A shocking company with poor ethics and moral
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin, NT16 November 2013
I advise anyone to ignore employment with this company
They dont look after their staff
Threatening bullies and corrupt actions are rife
If you are bashed in immigration expect a threat to keep quiet
Pros
You may work with some nice officers
Cons
Lots and Lots
n/a
cleaner/driver (Former Employee) –  Darwin, northern Territory6 March 2013
I start at 7:30 I drive to Winnellie, and start my roster by cleaning first
office and work my way around

N/a

N/a

The drive from building to building

when get positive feedback it make be feel proud of myself
Pros
friendly people
Cons
hard work