Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Reviews in Townsville QLD

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 3,467 reviews
Featured review
Serco selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my job as hospitality manger, and the other workers.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD22 April 2016
My job with SSDS as a hospitality manager gave me the oppertunity to show my customers my talent to serve them and to look after their wellbeing when they attended their respective messes. My co-workers and myself got on together really effectively, I didnt find any part of the job hard and the enjoyable bits were when the officers had their functions and were pleased with how things were run.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
Nil
Suited Family life Secure job
- Accommodation, Cleaning Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Townsville7 April 2019
Suited my young family life
Supplied training to allow me to gain a Higher position
Great team achievements
Every days Task were different
Secure Job.
Pros
Training
Cons
completing all different types of work and meeting different poeple
Well organised.
Security Officer, for Bodyguard Security (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD11 June 2017
I worked 6am to 2pm Mon to Fri as a cleaner at RAAF base Townsville and Jezzine Barracks Townsville.As i worked on my own i learned to prioritise my work load and became quite organised. Working with the military was the most rewarding experience i ever had.This job was very physically demanding.Most enjoyable part was seeing the difference i made after Jezzine Barracks had been neglected by the previous cleaners.
Pros
Working with the Military as a civvy.
Cons
Very hard work at times.
Great company too work for
Land management (Former Employee) –  Lavarack barracks townsville18 December 2016
One of the best companies I have ever worked for,great rate of pay and allowances,always.management was very helpful when needed and they offer job opportunities all over the world I would recommend this company too anyone and would work with this company again if ever the opportunity was there
Previous experiences have encouraged me in areas of hospitality.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD10 October 2016
I have had many teams to work with and cooperated with tasks functions and facilities. The defence staff were very good to work with. I have enjoyed catering in different work environments. I have Learnt new skills and maintained a clean approach to work, with good presentation and communication. I have enjoyed storage and logistics of food , beverages and alcohol. Service to customers has always been a professional approach to serving within my capabilities. Working on different defence bases was great.
Pros
Full time . flexible hours and good responsibilities
Cons
Muscular repetitive strains though nothing permanent.
good work colleague, outdoors, plenty of grass to cut
Team Leader/ Groundsmen (Former Employee) –  Lavarack Baracks, TOWNSVILLE9 April 2016
cut grass
snipping gutter edges
pruning garden beds
weeding
tractor driving
slashing
blow down pathways
good workmates
Pros
scenery, outdoors, cool, good mates
Cons
management, heat, dust, machine breakdown, stock control low
Hard work but money was good management poor
Cleaner (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD9 January 2016
I would start the day collecting the equipment I needed and start from the smallest area to the largest area after finishing the two small areas I would have a break then start on the bigger areas about 3/4 of the way through I would have a lunch break then finish the work for the day
Pros
Ability to communicate with different ranking officals
Cons
management was poorly run
enjoyed my time there
Mess Steward and Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD15 December 2015
I loved working behind the bar at the army base in townsville, queensland. I enjoyed working with everyone there, we all worked together to help each other out,I loved interacting with the customers
An interesting experience
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD15 February 2015
I was responsible for all HACCP requirements, stock control, rosters and dispute resolution. I have learnt the importance of a healthy work/life balance. It was a great place to learn the management ropes inside a major company as opposed to all lot of the smaller businesses that I have worked at previously.
Working in an Military environment is great
Food and Beverage Attendant LVL (Former Employee) –  Lavarack Barracks Townsville QLD4 November 2014
Shifts would vary morning shift would consist of starting at 0600 setting up for breakfast, having machines eg toaster, cordial, dishwasher, coffee machines on,communicating with military staff about menus paper work was out on table for military members to sign, unlock the doors for meal time, clean tables, watch to make sure military are signing for their meals and putting away condiments and washing dishes, wiping down tables, sweeping and mopping floors after breakfast,customer service towards all military customers, teaming up with afternoon shift with the lunchtime rush as there are usually more military personnel attending lunchtime meals, the morning shift would be on the dishwasher duty for lunchtime and end of shift is 1400 (2pm). Afternoon shift starting time was 1030 am duties would consist of cleaning the dinning room, making sure you top up drink machine, check all condiments that there is enough, wiping down tables, sweeping and mopping floors after lunch and dinner, after break doing cleaning listed on checklist, communicating with military staff about menus, getting signing sheets ready for following day, customer service towards all military customers, washing dishes, ensuring that at the end of each shift especially dinner that the doors are locked and secure before leaving, cleaning dishwasher, put away all appropriate items, get breakfast station ready for morning shift staff.
Weekend shift is a split shift with a 2 hours break between the morning shift and afternoon.
Co-workers would consist of civilian staff for front of house and military in the kitchens.
  more...
Hardest part would be the long shifts during military exercises and when there were extra military from interstate or international in at short notice.
Enjoyable part would be working with Military Personnel as you grow and understanding of the sacrifices they make to do their jobs and making new friends all the time.
Pros
free meals, pay and working with military and making new friends
Cons
long hours on the weekend
Great working environment and great teams
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Townsville22 October 2014
Good working as part of a team and managed well. Have gained some more experience with specific equipment
Serco Sodexho Defence Services
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD17 August 2014
I was employed with Serco on a full time basis in Qld, as a Senior Security Officer. When they won the Defence contract. Within this time it saw my being actively involved with the OH&S as a Rep. I was with them until I moved to Victoria.
Great crew
Level 3 Range Operator at SERCO DEFENCE (Former Employee) –  Townsville, at SERCO DEFENCE25 July 2012
We had a great crew and a great work area the reange. my job had such varity and every day i learnt something. i took away some tickets and alot of knowledge. and life experiences. the company has alot of different lines and services all over the country and world so you can find where and what you want. wages were very low aids to the high turn over. management gave me a chance when i knew nothing about weaponary, range duties, running shoots, air danger heights, fire fighting, light mechanics all of it ill take through my life. most enjoyable part turning up every day.
Pros
monthly friday bbqs, xmas partys
Cons
wages