Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Reviews in Varsity Lakes QLD

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 3,463 reviews
Featured review
Serco selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my job as hospitality manger, and the other workers.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD22 April 2016
My job with SSDS as a hospitality manager gave me the oppertunity to show my customers my talent to serve them and to look after their wellbeing when they attended their respective messes. My co-workers and myself got on together really effectively, I didnt find any part of the job hard and the enjoyable bits were when the officers had their functions and were pleased with how things were run.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
Nil
Highly stressful with some rewards but made lots of friends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD12 September 2017
If you make it to Christmas they have a great end of year event but you have to work hard towards it.

The only time you get paid good money is if you work overtime hours, public holidays and weekends if you request a shift that is available for those times.

Rotation of Supervisors is quite frequent so you don't get to have a Supervisor or Team Leader for long and not long enough for them to give you a personal reference.
Pros
Trained on the job, flexible working hours and making friends
Cons
Wait a month before getting paid, Low income, Need to be switched on
Good work environment, average pay
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD7 June 2017
Fast paced work, training is given often, plenty of chances to up-skill, pay is on the lower end of reasonable, but the work environment is quite supportive and friendly and so are management.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
average pay
worst place I have ever worked at
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD11 May 2017
This call centre doesn't care about their employees at all. They are not understanding. You get forced into things you are not ready for. Even though you are a casual employee- you have to be available around the clock hours when it suits them and HAVE to bring doctors certificate every time you're sick- otherwise they give you written warnings. They have NO parking in the area at all, and actually tell you to catch public transport to work and back. Treat employees like garage.
Pros
easy to get a job
Cons
management/employment agreement sucks
Fast paced workplace with a great team of people to learn from and work with each day
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Varsity Lakes, QLD29 June 2015
Great team of people to work with on a daily basis - great management team with guidance on all aspects of the role, decent amount of red tape but is expected with a large company.
ok to work for but work not regular enough
Customer service and real time mgr (Current Employee) –  varsity lakes26 November 2013
Don't really look after their staff that well and culture is not so good.
Pros
good experience
Cons
not regular and underpaid