Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Reviews for Client Services

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 3,433 reviews
Featured review
Serco selected this as a representative review
Productive and a fun workplace
Domestic Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Holsworthy NSW15 June 2018
My Typical day was repetitive cleaning, I learnt about chemical handling, colour coding, management was awesome, you could joke and have a laugh with them, workplace culture was very diverse the hardest part was the heavy lifting and on my feet all day the best part was the hours and all the friends I made along the way.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
On My Feet All Day
Great Pay and People
Security (A/CSM), Client Service Officer (CSO) (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT9 February 2017
Staff can be extremely clicky. Management weren't on the same page with a lot of things which made it hard for staff when working overtime on a different line.
It's not a hard job. A lot of standing/static posts.
Pros
Great pay
Exciting place to work!
Client Services Officer/Negotiator 2IC (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT24 December 2016
Lots of opportunity for job advancement. Helpful Managers who are always there to answer question's and offer support to workers.
Great for Work/Life balance however no job security
Welfare Manager and Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin, NT5 October 2015
Enjoyed my time working for Serco however due to the political nature of the job there was no job security and eventually my role was made redundant along with 300+ others.
Have to work by Rule because of security reasons
Permanent Full-Time Client Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA8 August 2015
12 hours days, my co-workers are the best, Staying vidual and alert are the things we learn every day.
Working with Serco is a great place to be but like any other company it has faults but nothing major.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Long Hours
great location to work
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Inverbrackie SA24 June 2015
I learned that I was able to cope with long shifts.
Shift managers were great, and the centre manager was very approachable. Co- workers were a great bunch of people. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to nigh shift. and the most enjoyable part of the job was the good salary and the fact that the rolling shifts gave us days of during the week, some weeks
Pros
working with a great bunch of diverse background coleagues
Immigration Services
Client Service Officer (CSO) (Former Employee) –  Northam WA15 June 2015
The position was exciting and great for the opportunity to work with other cultures of the world.
The way the Detention Centre was being run was what was bad. Reason was let go was fatique sent in due to driving to and from work assignment which was about 2 1/2 hours and the work hours of 12 1/4 hours. This making the work day about 14 3/4 hours. So after 3 years fatigue starting setting in which cause me to fall asleep twice in a 6 month period. Then the acting centre manager stated he was letting me go for he did not believe I could do the job or he could not trust me to do the job. I believe it was because I had filed a Grievance against the centre for discrimination.
Pros
A great relaxing job and the opportunity to work with people of different cultures.
Cons
Centre Directors
Interesting due to the different nationalities that you encounted
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney2 December 2014
Mainly work dayshift and some weekends. Did three trips to Christmas Island to process the bout arrives.
Horrible place to work
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide, SA25 November 2014
Horrible gossip culture that's actively and openly encouraged by management. No procedures for anything, No one takes any responsibility for anything.
Paid very well to look the other way.
Do not value staff at all.
Pros
Good money..easy work if you can handle the negativity
Cons
Horrible staff morale, infighting, lack of appropriate facilities for staff, very long hours at short notice (14 hr shifts are normal 18+ hrs isn't unusual), Always severely under staffed
Rewarding Role working with Aslymn Seekers
Client Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 November 2014
Everyday brings a different experience.Different day, different role. The most enjoyable days are when I meet with Detainees to interact on their issues, problems, successes, good/bad news, personal traumas, and celebrations. Although I cannot offer much to these people I try to do all I can to keep them positive. Little things can make a big difference. I have learned alot about welfare work and enjoy that side of the job very much. Security is predominately the main concern of someone in my role and most things are centered around staff and detainees being safe and secure. The hardest part of my job is night shifts. I have learnt to cope with night shifts but do not prefer that side of my roster. Inverbrackie will be closed by December 31st 2014 and I would like to continue working in welfare, helping people with life threatening problems and issues.
Pros
Working 7 day fortnight
Cons
Working night shifts
Poor performance regards staff entitlements.
Client Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows, N29 August 2014
Unusual work culture. Can offer deployments throughout Australia.
Pros
Interacting with clients.
Cons
Long hours, excessive travel time to work.
productive
Client Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Augusta20 May 2014
morning begins with shift brief from shift supervisor, commence daily tasks such as management of head counts, perimeter checks, canteen duties, deliveries toi various departments, good team atmosphere, not really hard work and the most enjoyable things was debriefes at end of shift, seems to create a better enviorment for working.
was a good company to work for but due to closure in P.A.I.R.H i will no longer be employed as from the 28/02/2014
Client Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Port Augusta, SA22 February 2014
In line with stringent legislative and organisational procedures and policies oversee daily welfare of clients including their personal needs, emotional and physical safety, and wellbeing, the hardest part of my job was not having internet service at all times to complete all paper work on the day then playing catch up the next, the most enjoyable part of my job was the traveling we i got to do due to some international escorts , and the stories you got to here on the flights from the detainees.
Pros
some free travel and even international escorts
Cons
wearing a tie to work each day
Clients Services Officer (Former Employee) –  DARWIN NT11 February 2014
Checking in persons wanting enter center
How to use metal detector and hand wand
Got on well
Worked well as team
Trying to stop band items from entering center
Working with good team
Pros
Very good money
Cons
Long shifts
Fun place to work, good earning opportunity
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Villawood, Sydney17 April 2013
12 hour shift from 7am to 7pm. Worked to maintain security and good working order of the center. a typical days work includes patrols of the facility and welfare checks of clients and fellow staff. Learned how to deal with situations, such as dealing with an irate and potentially dangerous clients. Best part is working with people of different nationality and cultures.
Pros
good experience and great earning potential