Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 29 reviews matching the search See all 3,463 reviews
Featured review
Serco selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my job as hospitality manger, and the other workers.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD22 April 2016
My job with SSDS as a hospitality manager gave me the oppertunity to show my customers my talent to serve them and to look after their wellbeing when they attended their respective messes. My co-workers and myself got on together really effectively, I didnt find any part of the job hard and the enjoyable bits were when the officers had their functions and were pleased with how things were run.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
Nil
ITIS contract in North Sydney
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2017
Friendly staff, decent pay and mature management that showed good leadership skills. Advancement was possible and small opportunities arose frequently to do different duties.
Pros
Room for advancement, multiple areas to work into
Cons
Location was a bit annoying with public transport being overcrowded.
Friendly staff but job itself and job security lacking
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 February 2017
Some nice staff members. Management not so friendly or accommodating to anything. Once you've up-skilled to the highest level there's really no more advancement.
Pros
In off peak you can take a fair bit of leave
Cons
Sometimes no shifts, poor managment, young team leaders with no leadership skills
Great work environment amongst peers and colleagues
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW7 August 2016
I did the afternoon shifts from 1pm-9pm.
I enjoyed the people around me, my peers and collegues, everyone got along, no malice good working environment however I always felt a distance between the management and the CSO's, not all the CSO's because they've gotten along with ones who have been working there for a while but I feel like they make the new comers feel out.
All in all hardest part of the job was really nothing, besides a few arrogant customers who call for help and when we give them help they wont take it. Buts that the customers.
Pros
always looking to help local charities
Cons
the phone calls
Less than ideal
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 May 2016
The only saving grace for this employer was my former team leader who was supportive and appreciative of effort. Outside of this, the environment is quite inhospitable. Training is inadequate to prepare for what to expect on the job, there is a consistent drive to reach unrealistic targets without relevant support to achieve them. After two years, I was still on a casual employment basis, with no opportunity given for permanent
Pros
Occasional recreation or reward incentives.
Cons
No real positive engagement.
Good for people with no experiences.
Customer Service Representative, Box Hill (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC24 August 2015
-Pay did not match the stress of the work
-Good people, very helpful and always willing to help
-Good management, fair but firm.
Small staff numbers who worked well together.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wodonga, Victoria26 July 2015
Opening at 7.30am, printing previous days reports, restocking of items in both the store and bulk. Serving customers, processing sales, assisting with purchases, receiving of goods, kitting out classes and individuals to the relevant block scale. The ladies I worked with were great and we worked well as a team. Meeting and helping members was the most enjoyable part of my job followed closely by stocktaking ( I was the office stock recorder). The hardest part of my job was probably interpreting the block scales for each of the tri-services.
Pros
Great people
Fantastic company
Customer Service Consultant/Administration (Former Employee) –  Box hill victoria5 July 2015
I am generally a very happy person so no negative words always take a negative and make it positive, I get along with everyone making the newbies welcome. The hard part of the job would be when things go wrong and you have no control on it (system issues). The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things.
Pros
Get to leave work early
Cons
non
Very toxic environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Western Australia7 March 2014
Extreme management problems with a culture of bullying & nepotism.
Toxic environment that they are aware of but have the inability to fix.
They do provide EAP which is very often used by staff because of the stress caused by management.
Pros
money
Cons
full of promises that do not eventuate. Untrained management.
Great company
Inbound customer service consultant (Current Employee) –  Box Hill28 October 2013
Good Working environment, good culture, everyone is helpful. Lot of different departments. company has a worldwide present in more than 35 countries.
Pros
Good working environment, company in 35 countries.
Cons
Less money