Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Review

Worst company ever
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Murdoch WA8 June 2019
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Management are all related and the play mind games. There is no one to complain to if you have an issue, as too many married couples in the same office! Promotions are only given to family members, so you can't ever advance in the company. You can't even report bullies to HR as again HR have hired family members. If you do a great job you never get recognized for it, and if you don't brown nose you will be bullied. They send out their army to spy on you all the time. If they want to get rid of you they hand you a misconduct letter like your a criminal. Actually its quiet hilarious as they hand out misconduct letters for the dumbest stuff. Cleaners suddenly become management with no experience only because they are related to someone higher up. They push you do a job that requires at least 3 people all on your own. If you want to be miserable go ahead and work for them. They are all about making money. They advertise themselves as a company with integrity, what a load of rubbish. This is Australia Serco, the land of equal opportunity not who you know. I stayed because I needed to support my family but I was so miserable it took its toll on my family as well. I had no choice but to quit or go on anti depressants.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Everything about them, bunch of bullies

Other Serco Employee Reviews

Good culture
ATO Contractor (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC10 July 2019
The best call centre i have worked in . the management made an effort to keep the staff motivated with many off phone activities. the only negative was the travel involved each day
Pros
great culture
Cons
travel time
Hostile environment
Customer Service Officer (NDIA) (Former Employee) –  Newborough VIC8 July 2019
Training is severely lacking, team leaders are often not around even when desperately needed. Minumum wage for a job that is mentally draining and managment ask way too much of staff. Casuals have to work 5 days a week full time hours and must basically beg for time off. Last time I checked this isn't how casual work is structured.

When issues are brought up with managment they are swept under the carpet and you are basically told to suck it up.

If you like being abused on the phone with no mental health program or further support then go for it.

Workplace moral is terrible and some team leaders even refuse to help on difficult calls
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K