Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Review

I enjoyed all of my working days with Serco, I was able to make a difference
Specialist Language Teacher P & A , Welfare (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT29 March 2016
My day consisted of lesson preparation for the English classes. It all depended on the age of the group, but not always the level, I took this into consideration each lesson so that everyone had a chance to learn something new, often the more advanced students would help others.
I learned a lot about teaching and preparation especially for children aged between 4 and 12.
I was happy with the management as they were chosen for the specific situation we were in with providing education and activities including welfare for the refugees in our care.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the people go to communities as we were not to form any relationships with the detainees so there was to be no further communication with them once they were in the community.
My job was so enjoyable my only regret was that a lot of us were made redundant due to the new laws and turning back the boats.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
The weather in Leonora and Darwin

Other Serco Employee Reviews

Shocking place to work accept bullying of staff and harassment be a bully and you get promoted
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mill Park VIC21 June 2019
This is the worst job with the worst conditions. Hot seating is an excuse to bully staff. If you shut up and be robotic they will treat you badly. If you stand up for yourself you will be bullied and harassed. They encourage bullying behaviour and you will get promoted if you are a bully. Get prepared to be yelled at constantly, sworn at regularly and have a chair or two thrown at you. The culture is toxic, the management will avoid you at all costs. There is a high turnover of staff and they dont care as there are many other victims out there.
Pros
you get a locker
Cons
Over heated with minimal air conditioning, training is not relevant to the work which you will have zero support, company fully supports bullies
Worst company ever
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Murdoch WA8 June 2019
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Management are all related and the play mind games. There is no one to complain to if you have an issue, as too many married couples in the same office! Promotions are only given to family members, so you can't ever advance in the company. You can't even report bullies to HR as again HR have hired family members. If you do a great job you never get recognized for it, and if you don't brown nose you will be bullied. They send out their army to spy on you all the time. If they want to get rid of you they hand you a misconduct letter like your a criminal. Actually its quiet hilarious as they hand out misconduct letters for the dumbest stuff. Cleaners suddenly become management with no experience only because they are related to someone higher up. They push you do a job that requires at least 3 people all on your own. If you want to be miserable go ahead and work for them. They are all about making money. They advertise themselves as a company with integrity, what a load of rubbish. This is Australia Serco, the land of equal opportunity not who you know. I stayed because I needed to support my family but I was so miserable it took its toll on my family as well. I had no choice but to quit or go on anti depressants.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Everything about them, bunch of bullies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K