Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Review

Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnie TAS26 November 2018
This company has ruined me. Management are constantly guilty of backstabbing, favouritism, gossip, LYING to cover themselves, nepatism and corruption. They do not care about your stress levels, it's all about reaching those KPI's and getting their name looking good. They do not value the staff that keep THEM in a job. Occasionally they will put on a free cheese and bikki day and claim it's your reward for doing such a great job. Loyalty to the company does not mean a single thing to them and they will happily set you up to fail with no hesitation. I know cannot work due to serious mental health complications which was brought on by the actions of several members of "management" within this company and when I asked for help I was turned away and made to look like a fool and then gossiped about by the same people who told me the would help me. Don't work here unless you are prepared to brown nose in a serious way, but even then they will still run you into the ground behind your back. Promoted one day, demoted the next without any explanation. Typical corporate company.
Pros
quitting
Cons
terrible management, stress, not looked after, terrible pay

Other Serco Employee Reviews

Ineffective training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC20 May 2019
Training which seems somewhat distant from actual requirements of the job. Thrown in at the deep end ,on the phones before "ready". Trainers not experts. Micro-managed to death. No positive recognition for staff who think outside the box to try and solve issues that taxpayers have. Team leaders don't understand that complex phone enquiries take time to solve and many things are not covered within the narrow confines of the scripting which staff are expected to religiously follow. Very stressful job. When seeking support or assistance, nobody seems that willing to help properly, or they help a little bit and then walk away and the poor operative on the phone is left to drown. I enjoy learning the job, but seem hampered by the system.
Pros
Good facilities.
Cons
Poor leadership, unwelcoming environment for new staff.
Toxic environment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 May 2019
Employees including management were unprofessional in certain aspects which was a major let down to see grown adults acting like high schoolers. Would not recommend a friend to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K