Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Review

My experience at SERCO doesn't represent all of SERCO
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Not telling8 September 2017
I learnt a lot in my role with working for SERCO, with which I can use in other roles. Some lessons positive a lot negative but that has made me stronger mentally . I wouldn't resume my old role with SERCO for any amount of money . Even though I love the role dealing with customers and my co-works were the best and supportive, being micro managed to the point of feeling like a drone but keep getting told they want people and the actions taken by management left you wondering do I really want to be here and am I valued. And the most disheartening point was when a CEO of a SERCO contract stated when questioned about retaining customer service staff and what he was doing about it was " There is always a high turn over in customer service so why bother " even though the cost of advertising for new staff, the training of new staff and stress put on remaining staff to make up for the lack of staff while SERCO still needs to fulfill it contractual obligations. Big tip get in learn as much as you can, and when you first ask yourself do I want to be here ? have an exit strategy DON'T GET STUCK THERE.

P.s. there were 1 or 2 people that were part of management that tried to make a difference for the better, I am happy to report they work up to reality and moved onto better places.
Pros
Co-works rocked, meet lots of interesting people
Cons
Management, Being micro-managed, Feeling like you don't have a voice, Poor system to book time off, rosters release with less than 2 weeks notice ( regularly only days before)

Other Serco Employee Reviews

Worst company ever
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Murdoch WA8 June 2019
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Management are all related and the play mind games. There is no one to complain to if you have an issue, as too many married couples in the same office! Promotions are only given to family members, so you can't ever advance in the company. You can't even report bullies to HR as again HR have hired family members. If you do a great job you never get recognized for it, and if you don't brown nose you will be bullied. They send out their army to spy on you all the time. If they want to get rid of you they hand you a misconduct letter like your a criminal. Actually its quiet hilarious as they hand out misconduct letters for the dumbest stuff. Cleaners suddenly become management with no experience only because they are related to someone higher up. They push you do a job that requires at least 3 people all on your own. If you want to be miserable go ahead and work for them. They are all about making money. They advertise themselves as a company with integrity, what a load of rubbish. This is Australia Serco, the land of equal opportunity not who you know. I stayed because I needed to support my family but I was so miserable it took its toll on my family as well. I had no choice but to quit or go on anti depressants.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Everything about them, bunch of bullies
Unpaid training
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mill Park VIC27 May 2019
I was obligated to attend a 2 hour job info session at IPA recruiting through my Jobseeker provider for a position at their new Mill Park office. They told me I was a succesful applicant and asked me to do 3 days of 'pre-employment training', from 9:30am-4:30pm. It is not paid training. Unpaid pre-employment training is a sneaky and unethical concept. Pay people for their time.
Pros
They were hiring jobseekers en masse.
Cons
Unpaid and unethical 'obligatory pre-employment training'

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K