Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Review

No Job Security
Customer Contact Officer (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC12 March 2019
Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed working for Serco. My colleagues and team leader were the best thing about going to work each day. Or else I wouldn’t have gone back to work for them a second time.
But don’t believe you are not disposable to them. Especially if you are employed on a casual basis. First time I was employed by Serco, after the end of tax time I was released as a casual due to the cut in contract and they needed to reduce their staff overheads. The following year I was taken onboard again and what would you know. End of tax time again and a further reduction in contract. So they released me again without an iota of care that this was now two years in a row.
Expenditure and exploitation over employees and their welfare.

And the micromanagement was next level...
Pros
Your team and team leader felt like family.
Cons
You’re just as disposable as a sanitary pad

Other Serco Employee Reviews

Ineffective training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC20 May 2019
Training which seems somewhat distant from actual requirements of the job. Thrown in at the deep end ,on the phones before "ready". Trainers not experts. Micro-managed to death. No positive recognition for staff who think outside the box to try and solve issues that taxpayers have. Team leaders don't understand that complex phone enquiries take time to solve and many things are not covered within the narrow confines of the scripting which staff are expected to religiously follow. Very stressful job. When seeking support or assistance, nobody seems that willing to help properly, or they help a little bit and then walk away and the poor operative on the phone is left to drown. I enjoy learning the job, but seem hampered by the system.
Pros
Good facilities.
Cons
Poor leadership, unwelcoming environment for new staff.
Toxic environment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 May 2019
Employees including management were unprofessional in certain aspects which was a major let down to see grown adults acting like high schoolers. Would not recommend a friend to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K