Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Reviews

Found 188 reviews matching the search See all 3,463 reviews
Featured review
Serco selected this as a representative review
I enjoyed my job as hospitality manger, and the other workers.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD22 April 2016
My job with SSDS as a hospitality manager gave me the oppertunity to show my customers my talent to serve them and to look after their wellbeing when they attended their respective messes. My co-workers and myself got on together really effectively, I didnt find any part of the job hard and the enjoyable bits were when the officers had their functions and were pleased with how things were run.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
Nil
Low pay but plenty of hours
Chef (Former Employee) –  Oakey, QLD2 March 2014
Prepare and cook meals at both Cabarlah & Oakey.
Management seemed to be out of their depth sometimes and preferred to sit back rather then make the wrong decision.
Some of my co-workers lacked motivation maybe because of the attitude of some of the management team.
Planning anything in advance was difficult, the most enjoyable part of the job was using my experience in the trade.
Pros
Pleanty of hours
Cons
On call everyday
Fast paced, timeline driven environment
Executive Assistant to Assurance Director (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NSW25 February 2014
My day commences with a Review of my Calendar and also of the Managers' Diary/Calendar and ensure all documentation or presentations are at hand for the days meetings. Review emails and prioritise the urgent items needed for action from the Manager.
Commence on the To-Do list and complete tasks efficiently. At times my colleagues request assistance in which I am happy to help with and most likely at the same time my Manager would be requesting my assistance with a PowerPoint Presentation! I am well respected by my colleagues and have earned a reputation for being highly resourceful and efficient in diverse, fast paced, timeline driven environments. The hardest part of the job would be not having enough face to face time with the Manager you are supporting and the most enjoyable part of the job is when you have completed the task on time with efficiency and you receive a 'Thank you' for your efforts.
Pros
Being productive all day long in a busy environment and achieving goals and results
Cons
Not having face to face time with my Manager when it came to important decisions to be made.
was a good company to work for but due to closure in P.A.I.R.H i will no longer be employed as from the 28/02/2014
Client Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Port Augusta, SA22 February 2014
In line with stringent legislative and organisational procedures and policies oversee daily welfare of clients including their personal needs, emotional and physical safety, and wellbeing, the hardest part of my job was not having internet service at all times to complete all paper work on the day then playing catch up the next, the most enjoyable part of my job was the traveling we i got to do due to some international escorts , and the stories you got to here on the flights from the detainees.
Pros
some free travel and even international escorts
Cons
wearing a tie to work each day
Clients Services Officer (Former Employee) –  DARWIN NT11 February 2014
Checking in persons wanting enter center
How to use metal detector and hand wand
Got on well
Worked well as team
Trying to stop band items from entering center
Working with good team
Pros
Very good money
Cons
Long shifts
Great Company to work for and very people orientated.
SITE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Russell Offics ACT3 February 2014
Will be sorry to leave a great team of Managers and staff alike.
Some of the staff members are easy to get on with
Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Canberra29 January 2014
Every day was different it just depended on the amount of phone calls and personnel that came through the doors
Pros
Being able to meet a wide rang of people from different cultures
Military Tradition and Culture
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Randwick barracks Sydney Australia10 January 2014
Working with the Men and woman of the Australian defence services was great.

The company partnered well with defence personnel and provided a high quality of services.
Pros
Working with dedicated professionals
Cons
Fighting the city traffic
Often challenging and fun filled
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC8 January 2014
Working with a different cohort clients group is fun and provides opportunity to learn new things day by day. Management is excellent and so are the co-worker and staff. The hardest part of the job is long working hours and most enjoyable part is that all the worker get along very well and make the shift goes quicker.
Pros
More time off as a result of 12 hours shift
Cons
rotating roster 24/7
hardworker
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  CX29 November 2013
as long as I have been in Australia ,I have learned I have to be strict in what i am doing to earn money.so I am hard-worker and would like to experience any kind of jobs.
ok to work for but work not regular enough
Customer service and real time mgr (Current Employee) –  varsity lakes26 November 2013
Don't really look after their staff that well and culture is not so good.
Pros
good experience
Cons
not regular and underpaid
A shocking company with poor ethics and moral
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin, NT16 November 2013
I advise anyone to ignore employment with this company
They dont look after their staff
Threatening bullies and corrupt actions are rife
If you are bashed in immigration expect a threat to keep quiet
Pros
You may work with some nice officers
Cons
Lots and Lots
Great company
Inbound customer service consultant (Current Employee) –  Box Hill28 October 2013
Good Working environment, good culture, everyone is helpful. Lot of different departments. company has a worldwide present in more than 35 countries.
Pros
Good working environment, company in 35 countries.
Cons
Less money
A good place to work with a large variety of tasks
Shoalhaven Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Nowra, NSW14 October 2013
A good team to work with in an excellent location. Working as part of a small team enjoying the variety of tasks that are on offer. A large variety of vehicles to drive and getting to meet new people in just about every day.
Pros
Good Team of People
Cons
Not consistent with working hours for drivers
Productive and fun workplace
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Derby, WA27 August 2013
A typical day at work would be tidying stores to make room for new stock coming in. Had a good relationship with management, as they just let me get the job done and I got along well with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the weather of the Kimberley - very hot in summer. Most enjoyable part was doing the coolroom work.
Pros
A great experience and generally an easy job
Cons
Very remote and harsh weather
Exceptional leaders fostering high engagement
EA to MD & Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District, NSW9 August 2013
I feel very fortunate to have found my job with Serco almost immediately upon arriving in Sydney from London in 2011.
With a varied workload (which is often reactionary as is common in an EA role) I am given both the support and freedom I need to provide top class support to my managers who I hold in the highest regard.
A vibrant and busy office allows for engaging with many different departments and people which keeps things fresh and fun. I am constantly learning new things about the kind of operations Serco looks after across the world.
The opportunity to travel with my role is also a plus.
Pros
Flexi hours / harbour view office / feeling valued
Cons
In a time of significant change and restructuring throughout the business, job security is currently lacking
Fun Workplace, Learnt alot about other cultures.
Assistant Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Derby, Western Australia 21 May 2013
Typical day at Serco would be doing the Clients shopping and then restocking the shelves and some days i would put the shopping lists through the system on the computer. While i was working at Serco i gained alot of knowledge with computers and how to interact with different people and because it was a detention centre where the asylum seekers go i had to learn a little of there language so i could also speak to them in there language if they could not speak proper english. It was a great experience working for Serco and learning about there culture. The co-workers were great and i was also working with my step sister which was good because she was my supervisor so we would go home and she would teach me more about my job and what things i needed to improve in and i would always go back to work and try my best to improve. The hardest part of the job was trying to learn there language, it was also enjoyable awsel because its not everyday you get to learn a new language.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Stuck in one room all day
Unfortunately a Call Centre Role dictated by rules of a Government Dept (ATO).
Contact Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC20 May 2013
Having mananged a successful Call Centre in recent yeras I found that the Serco role was less than satifactory.
The role involved taking inward calls for a Government client from external customers with a range of enquiries in an efficent and professional manner.
I learned some valuable "in house" Taxation based informatiuon.I found the management lacked real face to face contact with their staff and the training lacked certain substance. I found that meeting the strict confines of answers available to callers was rather restrictive and I enjoyed meeting new fellow workers.
Pros
Close to Transport
Cons
Regimented work environment with little scope for flexibility
Fun place to work, good earning opportunity
Client Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Villawood, Sydney17 April 2013
12 hour shift from 7am to 7pm. Worked to maintain security and good working order of the center. a typical days work includes patrols of the facility and welfare checks of clients and fellow staff. Learned how to deal with situations, such as dealing with an irate and potentially dangerous clients. Best part is working with people of different nationality and cultures.
Pros
good experience and great earning potential
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton, Brisbane14 April 2013
A typical day at work includes manually and electronicly inputting invoices into the system. Answering internal and external account queries. Processing electronic payments through the bank. Reconciling account statements and chasing up outstanding accounts. Plus much more, in accordance with specific tasks and timetables.
Productive place to work, but not very rewarding
Film Registry Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, Vic.16 March 2013
Busy most of the day, every day
I have learnt that the company does not care very much about their employees, we seem to be only a number
Management don't appreciate what we do and there is no career path for most employees
Some of my co-workers are hard to get along with at times
The hardest part of the job is the stress caused by the pressure that we are put under to not only do our work in my section, but to have to help out other areas with mo reward or recognition
Unfortunately the most enjoyable part of the job is while I am on a break, the weekend, RDO or on leave
Pros
an infrequent free lunch
Cons
too much work and pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K