Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Reviews

Found 186 reviews matching the search See all 3,446 reviews
Featured review
Serco selected this as a representative review
Productive and a fun workplace
Domestic Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Holsworthy NSW15 June 2018
My Typical day was repetitive cleaning, I learnt about chemical handling, colour coding, management was awesome, you could joke and have a laugh with them, workplace culture was very diverse the hardest part was the heavy lifting and on my feet all day the best part was the hours and all the friends I made along the way.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
On My Feet All Day
Hard working environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northam WA12 October 2017
Very physical demanding job. Consistently being watched and monitored in all areas by big brother. Great work mates make it fun and enjoyable and entertained by detainees to distress from long hours. Cause a lot of mental and physical tiredness due to work loads.
Pros
Good money and work benefits.
Cons
As in most work places the gossip and rumors are full on.
Great training facilities provided & very strong staff well being focus
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD25 September 2017
I really enjoy working at Serco as the team building exercises have been fun and add to the day.

The culture is very much focused on making a job that can often be seen as very solitary (call center) as inclusive.
Highly stressful with some rewards but made lots of friends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD12 September 2017
If you make it to Christmas they have a great end of year event but you have to work hard towards it.

The only time you get paid good money is if you work overtime hours, public holidays and weekends if you request a shift that is available for those times.

Rotation of Supervisors is quite frequent so you don't get to have a Supervisor or Team Leader for long and not long enough for them to give you a personal reference.
Pros
Trained on the job, flexible working hours and making friends
Cons
Wait a month before getting paid, Low income, Need to be switched on
My experience at SERCO doesn't represent all of SERCO
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Not telling8 September 2017
I learnt a lot in my role with working for SERCO, with which I can use in other roles. Some lessons positive a lot negative but that has made me stronger mentally . I wouldn't resume my old role with SERCO for any amount of money . Even though I love the role dealing with customers and my co-works were the best and supportive, being micro managed to the point of feeling like a drone but keep getting told they want people and the actions taken by management left you wondering do I really want to be here and am I valued. And the most disheartening point was when a CEO of a SERCO contract stated when questioned about retaining customer service staff and what he was doing about it was " There is always a high turn over in customer service so why bother " even though the cost of advertising for new staff, the training of new staff and stress put on remaining staff to make up for the lack of staff while SERCO still needs to fulfill it contractual obligations. Big tip get in learn as much as you can, and when you first ask yourself do I want to be here ? have an exit strategy DON'T GET STUCK THERE.

P.s. there were 1 or 2 people that were part of management that tried to make a difference for the better, I am happy to report they work up to reality and moved onto better places.
Pros
Co-works rocked, meet lots of interesting people
Cons
Management, Being micro-managed, Feeling like you don't have a voice, Poor system to book time off, rosters release with less than 2 weeks notice ( regularly only days before)
great work place /great friends
food service assistant (Former Employee) –  fiona stanley1 August 2017
highly recommend, management need replacing, can be a great environment , but management are more interested in work place drama than getting job done, expect you to great friction between your colleagues not a good environment don't want you to work as a team to follow there work codes
Pros
penality rates great
Cons
always get hours
Wonderfull Job
Safety Camera Opperator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 July 2017
Different location every day, procedures had to be followed exactly but the training was enjoyable. The culture was relaxed, inclusive and very welcoming. The management listened and delt with any issues immediately. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people that objected to the use of camera cars and just viewed you as a revenue raising maggot.
The friendship and helpfulness of all the employees.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
unsocialable hours
Good work life balance
Detainee Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth Immigration Detention Center25 July 2017
Great opportunity to travel. Good bunch of officers and most managers were fair minded. Saw service on Christmas Island, long days but a great teamwork enviroment.
Pros
Pays
Cons
Pay mistakes
Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC18 July 2017
Great company, but very little job security in a third party call centre. Management was great as promotions were generally given internally and staff were always friendly.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Job Security
Serco
Court Security and Custodial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale WA5 July 2017
Start work, we get our route for the day. (paperwork) Check our equipment and our truck or bus. Then we are off to find our first clients for the day. These clients can be tricky at times so our attention must be 110% aware at all times.
Serco promotes a great workplace culture of honesty and integrity and how to treat people.
Management has always been supportive of me as I have been supportive of them.
The hardest part of the job is not knowing when one of our clients would go off and the threat to ourselves and the public. By keeping to Serco's SOPs and AI all threats were minimised.
Enjoyable part of the day is finishing work and knowing we had no escapes and no one was injured.
Pros
Great company to work for and on going training.
Cons
If there was any cons it would be to hire happier people.
great opportunity
Program and Activity Manager (Former Employee) –  Leonora WA19 June 2017
I had a great time working for the company.
If there were any opportunity to work again for the company I would love that opportunity.
The company was very supportive and caring towards the staff and client that were under its care.
serco was a awesome place to ork for the staff are willing and helpful
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 June 2017
i worked at Fiona Stanley hospital i worked when the hospital first opened My duties included cleaning offices and wards that were due to open My possition was on the cancer wards where isolated cleans were carried out Over all i found serco were a awesome company to work for I left company due to family reasons.
Pros
meeting some really positive people
Cons
working long hours
Well organised.
Security Officer, for Bodyguard Security (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD11 June 2017
I worked 6am to 2pm Mon to Fri as a cleaner at RAAF base Townsville and Jezzine Barracks Townsville.As i worked on my own i learned to prioritise my work load and became quite organised. Working with the military was the most rewarding experience i ever had.This job was very physically demanding.Most enjoyable part was seeing the difference i made after Jezzine Barracks had been neglected by the previous cleaners.
Pros
Working with the Military as a civvy.
Cons
Very hard work at times.
Supportive senior management
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 June 2017
Justice sector contract.
Senior management were supportive of staff within the contract.
Professionally run with a generally positive workplace culture.
Good work environment, average pay
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD7 June 2017
Fast paced work, training is given often, plenty of chances to up-skill, pay is on the lower end of reasonable, but the work environment is quite supportive and friendly and so are management.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
average pay
Very Low morale, management inadequate.
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Perth WA5 June 2017
People on ground floor are top notch ie. Maintenance, porters etc. Management rife with nepetism and ineptitude. Poor treatment of employees, poor facility management overall.
Pros
its a job
Cons
All of the above
a good place to work in
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Derby WA30 May 2017
meeting new people every day day and learning diffrent cultures and how they in their country.Diffrent food they cook, the hardest part of the job is dealing with the people that self harm themselfs
great place to work with very understanding manager.
Administrative Assistant & Data Entry (Current Employee) –  ACT ACT22 May 2017
Best place to work and proof myself. Always awared for my outstanding work. Great and helpfull team ever.Very supported manager, free parking area , flexible working hours go along with my life style.
Highly secure environment
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD15 May 2017
Days are very regimented and tailored around the correctional setting that you are working in.
Days can be full of surprises and can also be very dour and unrewarding. There is little room for error or for losing concentration of the job at hand.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of travel to get to work
worst place I have ever worked at
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Varsity Lakes QLD11 May 2017
This call centre doesn't care about their employees at all. They are not understanding. You get forced into things you are not ready for. Even though you are a casual employee- you have to be available around the clock hours when it suits them and HAVE to bring doctors certificate every time you're sick- otherwise they give you written warnings. They have NO parking in the area at all, and actually tell you to catch public transport to work and back. Treat employees like garage.
Pros
easy to get a job
Cons
management/employment agreement sucks
a great company to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple roles and locations24 April 2017
a great company to work for, with a flexible approach as long as you have the right work ethic and still with room to improve regards automation... so many manual processes especially around new starters and leavers.
Pros
flexible approach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K