Play YouTube video button

Serco Employee Reviews

Found 185 reviews matching the search See all 3,431 reviews
Featured review
Serco selected this as a representative review
Productive and a fun workplace
Domestic Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Holsworthy NSW15 June 2018
My Typical day was repetitive cleaning, I learnt about chemical handling, colour coding, management was awesome, you could joke and have a laugh with them, workplace culture was very diverse the hardest part was the heavy lifting and on my feet all day the best part was the hours and all the friends I made along the way.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
On My Feet All Day
work mates are great to work with
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth W.A3 November 2016
Serco is a ok place to work at, but they have alot of downfalls, For example they over work us, they cut corners, management dont listen or help with and complaints that we have gone to them for.
the only enjoyable part of this job is the friends I have made
Pros
no pros
Cons
overworked
Daily Duties
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth IDC23 October 2016
• Supervise and manage the transfer of people through detention centres
• Organise, facilitate and provide security support on charter flights throughout Australia and Internationally for the transfer of clients
• Sound Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Knowledge of relevant computer applications
• Knowledge of administrative procedures, numeric, oral and written language applications
• Acting Senior Client Service Manager at Christmas Island Centre for 2013
Pros
Good working conditions and pay
Cons
Long period of time living in remote locations
Well Organized, Great co-workers
Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamtown NSW13 October 2016
A typical day involved managing Safety between RAAF Williamtown ans SMA at Singleton, NSW. My co-workers helped me get acclimated and the job was enjoyable and I learned a lot. I mostly enjoyed the cohesion between Serco Sodexo and their happy customers.
Pros
Great work location.
Cons
Long drives between 2 sites.
Previous experiences have encouraged me in areas of hospitality.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD10 October 2016
I have had many teams to work with and cooperated with tasks functions and facilities. The defence staff were very good to work with. I have enjoyed catering in different work environments. I have Learnt new skills and maintained a clean approach to work, with good presentation and communication. I have enjoyed storage and logistics of food , beverages and alcohol. Service to customers has always been a professional approach to serving within my capabilities. Working on different defence bases was great.
Pros
Full time . flexible hours and good responsibilities
Cons
Muscular repetitive strains though nothing permanent.
Professional and very customer focused
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA7 September 2016
The company always strives to deliver quality outcomes to the client in a complex demanding job. Staff are fantastic. Work environment is excellent. Senior management are extremely busy due to resource issues. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of people.
Pros
Good working environment, good people working for them
Cons
Long hours and sometimes effort not acknowledged
Great Place to work, good people
Storeman (Current Employee) –  Duntroon ACT8 August 2016
A hands on job which requires Attention to detail, Picking and sorting orders for members of the Australian army to pick up. Respect and good communication is of high priority.
Pros
Meeting honourable people
Cons
Contract finishes within the month
Great work environment amongst peers and colleagues
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW7 August 2016
I did the afternoon shifts from 1pm-9pm.
I enjoyed the people around me, my peers and collegues, everyone got along, no malice good working environment however I always felt a distance between the management and the CSO's, not all the CSO's because they've gotten along with ones who have been working there for a while but I feel like they make the new comers feel out.
All in all hardest part of the job was really nothing, besides a few arrogant customers who call for help and when we give them help they wont take it. Buts that the customers.
Pros
always looking to help local charities
Cons
the phone calls
Values base company
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney and Dubai4 July 2016
An excellent organisation operating with public services. Serco see the benefit of partnering with customers. I really enjoyed working for Serco.
Many different aspects of this job
Detainee Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT23 June 2016
A typical day at work was to ensure the welfare of many different ethnic groups while detained awaiting visa's. Security of the facilities both dynamic and static.
Pros
Convercing with many different people
great place to work got to meet lovely people
L2 cleaner (Former Employee) –  qld3 May 2016
good job meet lots of lovely people nice bosses, but is hard working around people and hard physical work but keeps you fit.
Pros
lovely people, decent money and flexibility
Cons
working around people, and hard physical work
Less than ideal
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 May 2016
The only saving grace for this employer was my former team leader who was supportive and appreciative of effort. Outside of this, the environment is quite inhospitable. Training is inadequate to prepare for what to expect on the job, there is a consistent drive to reach unrealistic targets without relevant support to achieve them. After two years, I was still on a casual employment basis, with no opportunity given for permanent
Pros
Occasional recreation or reward incentives.
Cons
No real positive engagement.
life experience
CSO and A/CSM Leonora APOD (Former Employee) –  North West Australia30 April 2016
The hardest part of this job was dealing with self harm and depression of clients, due to concerns for their futures and their families still in war torn countries. A typical day would revolve around the written reporting of the welfare of clients, from attending breakfast to sleeping at night, the medical wellbeing of clients and just having a coffee and a conversation with clientslearning about their lives and their journey.
Pros
family type team enviroment
Cons
Long hours, thousands of miles from home
I enjoyed working for Serco
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT25 April 2016
We had to have our cleaning work done with in certain time during our shift as we had people using the facilities at different times of the day. My supervisor and manager were good to work with. The co-workers were a great team and I enjoyed working with them. I really enjoy cleaning and being on the move all the time and know you have done a good job.
I enjoyed my job as hospitality manger, and the other workers.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD22 April 2016
My job with SSDS as a hospitality manager gave me the oppertunity to show my customers my talent to serve them and to look after their wellbeing when they attended their respective messes. My co-workers and myself got on together really effectively, I didnt find any part of the job hard and the enjoyable bits were when the officers had their functions and were pleased with how things were run.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
Nil
A company struggling
State Manager (Former Employee) –  WA13 April 2016
The core people at Serco are wonderful, hard working and trying to make the most of a bad situation. The management however are lost in their own worlds, out of touch with the contracts and the contract needs. They only mantra since the immigration dried up is cut costs, cut people.
They expect staff to work long hours without any recognition and are very quick to apportion blame as far down the ladder as they can to protect the senior management.
Run from the East coast, they have little or no idea about operating in the West and would rather employ someone from the UK on a 457 visa than a local.
They provide little if any career progression and very few development opportunities beyond that which is mandated by the contracts.
Pros
Great teams at the coal face
Cons
long hours, poor management, no job security, no career progression
good work colleague, outdoors, plenty of grass to cut
Team Leader/ Groundsmen (Former Employee) –  Lavarack Baracks, TOWNSVILLE9 April 2016
cut grass
snipping gutter edges
pruning garden beds
weeding
tractor driving
slashing
blow down pathways
good workmates
Pros
scenery, outdoors, cool, good mates
Cons
management, heat, dust, machine breakdown, stock control low
I enjoyed all of my working days with Serco, I was able to make a difference
Specialist Language Teacher P & A , Welfare (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT29 March 2016
My day consisted of lesson preparation for the English classes. It all depended on the age of the group, but not always the level, I took this into consideration each lesson so that everyone had a chance to learn something new, often the more advanced students would help others.
I learned a lot about teaching and preparation especially for children aged between 4 and 12.
I was happy with the management as they were chosen for the specific situation we were in with providing education and activities including welfare for the refugees in our care.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the people go to communities as we were not to form any relationships with the detainees so there was to be no further communication with them once they were in the community.
My job was so enjoyable my only regret was that a lot of us were made redundant due to the new laws and turning back the boats.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
The weather in Leonora and Darwin
Social activities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 March 2016
- great team to work with
- previous manager was good.
- Contract manager awesome
- Fun things to do at times
- social activities
Pros
work place activities
Cons
long queues
Was a clean & interesting job, mostly enjoyable.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 March 2016
I found this job to be mostly enjoyable. The bus route took me into many out of the City places & in & around a lot of "off the regular roads". The working environment was clean & the equipment well maintained. Meeting people from all walks of life. The tricky part was learning the new routes - a lot were not sign posted as promised. But I did a weekend run in my private car to make sure of the route. Other than that it was a good job.
Pros
All was good.
Cons
Learning a new route was tricky, but overcame that OK.
Fun people to work with
Temp Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT29 February 2016
I loved the team I was working with. The office was lovely and vibrant and made working there a pleasure. It was a very supportive environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K