Serono
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Serono Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time at Millipore Sigma. There were some things that I would have preferred to have been a little different. My coworkers were always a great bunch to work with. Everyone comes to work to give 100% and to do their part, to get the product out the door to our customers. Sometimes it felt as if management didn't really share that same sentiment. Overall, I would say that I learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry, and it prepared me for the position I am currently in.
Pros
Great coworkers, decent pay.
Cons
Great company to work for, it’s just hard to advance after working there for so many years. I feel they value their employees to a certain extent. The benefits are great and the PTO is great too
Started without a degree. Was told when I graduated I could move up into a scientist role. Just before I graduated the requirements for said position were increased thus removing any possibility for moving up. Plus in the position I was in I couldn't get the necessary experience to advance. It Became a dead end job.

On top of that my supervisor didn't even have a science degree in a science position.
Pros
stable schedule
Cons
no room for promotion
Very hypocritical company. They say they want ideas for improvement, but will shut down most ideas. They don't want you to think, because that's what the SOPs and work instructions are for, and yet they want you to think. There is no pleasing upper management. They brainwash you into thinking like an auditor, they want you to follow a script, and when you don't follow, they call you difficult and threatening.

The only good thing is the pay rate and health benefits.
Good Compay, I left due to personal reasons. Independent work style, Lots of benefits to employees. Overall the culture is progressive and people like to work in such companies
much of management is related which causes superiority issues, big egos, and lower employees being in positions they can't due anything about due to personal relationships between management.
As part of a global team it feels like work/life balance is being lost. Early starts to coordinate with Europe and late finishes to coordinate with Asia becoming the norm
Collaborative environment with good work-life balance. Good policies to support employees. Matrixed organization so the reporting can get challenging.
From there description; gem oriented, strong knowledge in assisting clients. A company that works together to make the call center stronger. The company seems to appear to keeping the client service on the tip of your toes.
I did not enjoy working there with the exclusions of providing my end customers with life saving products, and the happiness inside and outside of work for my close team members. I do not like to complain about the things that I cannot change. I managed a small team that really enjoyed working for me. They came to work to have a good time and I created an environment for my team to thrive in no matter what management threw at us. With the right support network behind them, several of my tenured team members advanced their careers and made me very proud!
If you're not buddy-buddy with supervisors and/or management then expect to just linger along in limbo and not get good raises or promotions so get in if you need work but start looking elsewhere (you'll be happier)
Pros
you get paid
Cons
Buddies with management only get promotions and raises
I worked in the lab setting when I first started moved to desk job and am looking to get back into the lab conducting test. A lot of great employees that are very easy to get along with.
Shifts are long. Micromanagement by Supervisors. If you did a great job they acknowledged it but you were rewarded with them expecting even more even though my team was doing the best in the plant
Bei der Firma Merck gibt es eine gute Arbeitsatmosphäre.
ambiente stimolante flessibile professionalita lavoro di squadra
Attending daily meetings, learning and working on new programming languages on demand. Friendly environment to work. Enjoyable part of the job is switching between programming languages.
Little to no career advancement opportunities. Budgetary restrictions are choking morale. The size is just small enough so that people are intrusive and talking behind your back, but big enough to feel like it’s a place where you can make an impact. Trial design is hurting the advancement of the pipeline and is in turn limiting growth. The company preaches diversity but doesn’t always live up to supporting those values. Often there is little respect for people’s differences. The focus on cost cutting is hammered home consistently and its de-motivating.
This is a great work environment and a great work/life balance. I learn a lot from the people around me. People are very knowledgeable and helpful and nice to each other.
I learned how to do work independently, disseminate critical findings in department-wide meetings, and I learned the process of drug development, too.
Azienda impressionate per dimensioni e persone che ci lavorano.
Di conseguenza rimane il fatto della totale anonimita.

Parcheggi lontanissimi (= 10 min di pedaggio)

Mensa lontanissima

Dirigenza menofreghista per le questioni dei lavoratori
Pros
chic, moderno
Cons
poca
Great people with a good work/life balance.
A company that is investing in digitisation and people.