Serono Employee Reviews

Brief Summary
Key Account Manager, Neurology & Immunology (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 June 2019
Good place to work and spent the bulk of my career here. Took advantages of promotions that were offered to me, and enjoyed working with colleagues and our customers.
Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MA10 June 2019
EMD is a good place to work, but all shared services jobs were outsourced to the Phillipines after I left. Certain departments are better than others regarding communication.
Pros
good work / life balance
Cons
communication between functional areas is not great
Buena empresa para desarrollarse en el sector farmaceutico
Human Resources Director for Merck Venezuela (Former Employee) –  Caracas, Distrito Capital28 May 2019
Es una empresa muy grande a nivel mundial de la cual aprendi mucho
Pros
Sector Farmaceutico
Cons
En Venezuela se redujo a su minima expresion
State of the art facility
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA 0180323 May 2019
Good place to work, constantly changing organization. Room for professional growth. The people are friendly. Close to many amenities. Global company. Good bonuses.
Waste of Time
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI20 May 2019
As a supervisor you can't make the "right" decision. Work life balance is poor, the company doesn't appreciate the employees at the supervisor level but will bend over backwards for hourly employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
upper management, work life balance
Application Managment
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Darmstadt20 May 2019
Ich wurde sehr nett und hilfsbereit aufgenommen,
Meine einarbeitung war sehr präzise, zeitaufwendig erklärt und gezeigt.
Excellent for student internships
Marketing Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA12 May 2019
This company is great for student internships. Employees of all ages treated me like an equal even though I was decades younger with much less experience.
Cons
timezone conflicts with global coworkers
Management Needs Improvement
Medical Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2019
I had terrific colleagues who were supportive and willing to help train new staff. When new procedures, software, etc. was being rolled out, lunch and learn training sessions were arranged. The day to day tasks was never the same and each day brought a new and interesting task.

Management was not in tune with staff as managers had their own agenda and it was not necessarily building a strong team. Managers were too focused on their own goals and not working with their direct reports to help achieve theirs.

My hope is there are new managers who support and build strong teams.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
Management Team
Fun please to work
Medical Writing Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MA20 April 2019
Highly competent, fast pace work environment. Great work life balance. Colleagues are very friendly and responsive. Summer hours policy to work abbreviated week
Pros
Free lunches, ice cream truck
Cons
Low moral and very stressful
Maintenance & Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL17 April 2019
As a supervisor I was paid less base salary than my techs plus the techs received OT & DT. Management pushes too hard with unreasonable deadlines. Stay away from salary positions. Upper management does not care how many hours a day you have to work. As long as you get the job done. No very family oriented in this manner. I spent many 10 hour days there only to go home and work more from home. Salary positions at this company create a lot of health issues.
Pros
food brought in a lot
Cons
too stressful
Good benefits
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA11 April 2019
Benefits are good. Mission keeps changing. promotes internal people. Had a good global culture. I had a good opportunity to travel. Struggling to diversify their products.
Benefits
Cons
Dealing with HQ
Its ok
Process Development Scientist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA11 April 2019
I was only a contractor their and my experience was not a good one. I was never given clear instructions and timelines. Never knew who the end user was. The position I was in was offer to another person full time (They were friends with my supervisor) I was never offered it
Excelente empresa
International Purchase Analyst (Former Employee) –  Panamá25 March 2019
Excelente empresa, oportunidades para crecimiento, buen ambiente laboral cargado de retos y de opciones de crecimiento
Pros
beneficios
Cons
riesgos del pais fuera de control por parte de la empresa
They wont last long.
Engine Test Technical Engineer, Engine (Former Employee) –  Illinois14 March 2019
Its down from 25,00 employees to about 1100.
Management is the worst I have ever seen, training is non existent.

When I was there I was told that they had designed a new engine for the Chinese and the Chinese were very unhappy with it because they were under the impression that it was a new technology of "Clean Burn" emissions. When I tested this engine it was a very dirty engine and they had to install huge catalytic converters on it.

Anyone who confronts the management is fired on the spot.
Pros
Cant think of any pros, sorry
Cons
Too many to list here
Biased promotional system
Machine Operator/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO7 March 2019
Promotions are based on a buddy-buddy system regardless of your experience. I have never worked at a place where buddies are promoted over skill factor, so if you don't know or are connected to the right people, be prepared to just float along. Company is too worried about "joining committees and attending non-related meetings' than doing your work.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Buddy-buddy promotional system
Look elsewhere
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cherokee Site St. Louis6 March 2019
Probably one of the worst companies I have worked for. Avoid working at the Cherokee site in St. Louis and any of the validation departments. This site has a reputation among the other MilliporeSigma sites for being terrible to work at. There is a persistent turnover problem at this site so there is always a lot of training that goes on. Employee morale is also very low. Site level management is very unprofessional and political. Very narcissistic too. You would do better here with a political science degree than an engineering or science degree. There is also a lot of corner cutting which creates an us vs. them environment and impacts quality. Work environment is very unstable and dysfunctional as well. Pay is not competitive and I got a $20k increase for leaving the company. Aside from that, this is a good place to get your foot in the door but I would not plan on staying long.
Pros
Good Job security
Cons
See review
Direct management is good but upper management is non-responsive
ASSOCIATE PRODUCTION SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI1 March 2019
Direct management is good but upper management is non-responsive. Benefits are good but direct compensation is a bit low and they have trouble retaining new employees because of it, expect high turn over.
An extremely diverse life science company that defies definition.
Null (Current Employee) –  N/A20 February 2019
No one perspective will tell the story of working for MilliporeSigma. Instead, I will speak to the caliber of people I work with every day. Our employees across the globe wake up every day knowing that their work directly impacts the success or failure of crucial healthcare projects at every level. Our management goes out of their way to ensure that everyone feels connected to the greater human story of progress; from our raw material vendors to our customer excellence teams. Not only are our leaders focused on making meaningful progress in the eyes of scientists and patients worldwide, they understand that victory starts and stops with the drumbeat of our operations specialists. As a result, we feel heard, appreciated, and connected to the decisions they make to pave the road for our success.
Pros
Great benefits, great work/life balance, ample opportunities to advance.
Cons
The company as a whole can feel slow-acting due to its many moving parts.
Year One
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MA14 February 2019
I think EMD has potential to be a great place to work. If they could weed out the "bad seeds" that make it hard for you to come in, do your job, and go home then this would be a GREAT place to work.
Pros
commute, gym on site, friendly people, summer fridays
Cons
work from home should be allowed for everyone. bad managers, catty at times, on boarding needs work
Good pay in comparison to similar jobs in the area
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MO7 February 2019
Pays well for entry level customer service with St. Louis cost of living taken into consideration. Professional atmosphere and good benefits. Not very many advancement opportunities within the customer service department. Can be stressful at times due to high call volume.
Pros
Pto, health insurance
Cons
Short breaks, routine work, stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serono. Our community is ready to answer.