Service NSW
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Service NSW Employee Reviews

Australia28 reviews
There is excellent support from among the members of the team in the goal of performing your tasks. You can easily approach your team leader and guidance is provided substantially.
active workplace with good customer service .it was a busy days full off energy and organized company to help customer, and provide them with best solution to their enquires .
Although I loved my workmates. The management were terrible. No job security, they don't care about employees at all. The job is stressful but workmates make your time better
Terrific place to work, with offices all over the state of NSW it offers a great career choice for young people looking for a long term career. I accepted an offer of Voluntary Redundancy and I am now ready to get back into the workforce.
Great people to work with, awesome pay and awesome opportunity to move up. Uniforms are nice and formal. Lots of free food and friendly people over all great place to work
Cons
Fast pace environment with constant calls. Friendly and helpful staff and fun environment. Management meens well but in many cases is not properly trained in the management of their people. Needs to be more staff development
Lots to learn and opportunities available for person with the right skill.
Management never puts up unrealistic targets.

Ample avenues to learn new skills as there are training plans ready to opt for.
Service NSW is a great organisation to work for as it has a lot of opportunities to grow and develop and encourages you to take on advanced opportunities to achieve your goals and support the business
Fantastic working culture. Its clear from the beginning that my manager trusted my abilities and truly did lead the team. Office was very nice and there was plenty of social activities too.
Pros
great working hours
I spent 3 years at Service NSW as a center manager and had an absolute ball. My team of 25 staff were one of the best teams I’ve ever led. So much fun.
the organisation is always very supportive of increasing staff potential and providing training to see staff excel in their role. there is always ample opportunity to take on new roles.
The CEO is great. He is engaged and puts everything that Service NSW does at the forefront of what we do. Plenty of workshops and opportunities to see what the rest of the organisation is doing, which is nice. It's a big shame that some Directors beneath him abuse their power and have built a culture of fear and favouritism. Not an environment that I want to be a part of anymore.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
Poor Culture and lack of opportunity
Customer focused government Services. Changed the game in the sense of how the customers felt about going to the 'RTA' and how they were treated. Absolutely brilliant move.
Pros
The satisfaction of helping someone.
Cons
Na
I got paid $30 p/hr as a temp which was amazing but not worth what I had to deal with everyday. Working here was like being imprisoned. Chained to my desk, I couldn't even go to the bathroom more than twice a day without ruining my daily adherence to schedule. They are very big on timing and basically want perfection. But hey, if you've been there for 5 years you can spend the whole day downstairs having a smoke or lounging about in the break room and no one says a thing.

Team leaders were very friendly and helpful but the overall atmosphere and management direction was snobby. It constantly felt like my job was being dangled in front of me and I constantly felt replaceable. No flexibility, no security, no advancement to further my career in any way.
Pros
Close to home, good pay
Cons
Snobby management, no flexibility, no advancement in career, constantly being monitored and timed all day everyday
A typical day would be to engage with the team to understand the asset of the teams
People were very friendly and helpful

Most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility of accessing the offices to do my job
As a contractor you perform the specified tasks of your contract using the in-house deployments of Confluence and JIRA.
Most staff are contractors and so there is often a lack of in-house IP knowledge.
Organisation that is rightly, respected for improving access by citizens to government services, unfortunately doesn't always work at the required pace due to spoiling tactics among agency sponsors trying to protect their resource base.
Pros
Great to take initiative and usefully contribute to public sector reform
Cons
Priorities sometimes lagged due to decrepit workflow
A busy fast paced role which involves helping customers with RTA transactions. Management was good and I had the opportunity to learn a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly close knit staff and location.
Disappointed with the advertised job role, requirements and tasks not matching the reality of the role. Management not performing tasks which affected the role i was employed to do. The initital workplace seemed very friendly and welcoming but it wasn't the case. There seems to be a need for management and senior staff looking down on others thinking they were above other staff members. It is not the culture i want to work in.
No flexibility, immediate management is great, higher up is very bad.
Toilet breaks are timed.

Chained to your desk, no chance of advancement based on merit or performance, people who don't fit the click are pushed out.

Lucky I was part of the click but heartbreaking to see my fellow deserving colleagues miss out on opportunities.
SNSW has challenges being a government organisation liasing/providing transactions for other government agencies. Initially it was a great place to work but funding over costs meant a lot of contractor staff were let go.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Policticsl challages if working with other government agencies