Service NSW
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Service NSW Employee Reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

High learning.

There is excellent support from among the members of the team in the goal of performing your tasks. You can easily approach your team leader and guidance is provided substantially.

Fun Place to Work

From Management to my colleagues SNSW was a very nurturing and caring environment to work at.Team Leaders very helpful and supportive. Contact Centre Manager was a caring and supportive person who genuinely cared about her staff .Highly recommended place to work

Pros

Free tea, coffee, filtered water

Cons

Na

Excellent

Service Nsw is one of the most rewarding organisations. From the work you do on the floor to going to disaster zones and helping your own community and others get through the tough times.

Pros

Great team and culture

Cons

Temp contracts

Excellent

By far possibly the best decision I've made in my personal career path. I am surrounded by management who I feel inspired by. Definitely taking their leadership qualities with me. I was lucky enough to join a Service Centre that was close to home, meaning that I get to service my own local community. Learnt a lot about the community which had only made me more passionate in helping and assisting those in my LGA. I started off as a 3 month contractor and was given a temporary contract. If you are consistent and work hard, it doesn't go unnoticed. I definitely recommend.

Pros

Good management, good if you know how to work independently and also as a team.

Cons

No cons so far

Toxic Environment/Culture

I worked there for about 4 years. Worst experience ever. You are expected to do over 100 different transactions with little training and errors are not tolerated. Unsupportive environment. Favouritism (friends and family of management magically advance before everyone else). No concept of Fair Work rights, they make rules up as they go. Very nasty culture. No flexibility for working parents. Bullying seems to be the norm there. I wasted 4 good years of my life working for this toxic organisation. The only good thing I took away from the experience is that I am more resilient and learnt how to deal with really nasty, toxic people.

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

No training, unprofessional Management. Clear favouritism, working Saturdays, fast paced environment with no tolerance of errors.

Fun place to work and learn

So many transactions to learn. Busy work place. Excitment dealing with different customers on a daily basis. Every transaction is different and sometimes challenging. Love my job as I am learning so much and helping customers.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Can’t leave on time most of the days

Great place to work for the right people

You need to be able to adapt quickly and keep up in busier centres. Doesn’t hurt to have a thick skin as well, there are often too many cooks in the kitchen in terms of management so being flexible helps massively!

Pros

Great pay, leave entitlements, diverse work

Cons

Can be a stagnant job if you aren’t proactive

productive and fun work place

active workplace with good customer service .it was a busy days full off energy and organized company to help customer, and provide them with best solution to their enquires .

Terrible to work for

Although I loved my workmates. The management were terrible. No job security, they don't care about employees at all. The job is stressful but workmates make your time better

Productive and cutting edge project management using Agile systems

Terrific place to work, with offices all over the state of NSW it offers a great career choice for young people looking for a long term career. I accepted an offer of Voluntary Redundancy and I am now ready to get back into the workforce.

Great people to work with, awesome pay and awesome opportunity to move up. Uniforms are nice and formal. Lots of free food and friendly people over all great place to work

Great Place to Work

Fast pace environment with constant calls. Friendly and helpful staff and fun environment. Management meens well but in many cases is not properly trained in the management of their people. Needs to be more staff development

Lots to learn and opportunities available for person with the right skill

Lots to learn and opportunities available for person with the right skill. Management never puts up unrealistic targets. Ample avenues to learn new skills as there are training plans ready to opt for.

Great organisation

Service NSW is a great organisation to work for as it has a lot of opportunities to grow and develop and encourages you to take on advanced opportunities to achieve your goals and support the business

Great working environment

Fantastic working culture. Its clear from the beginning that my manager trusted my abilities and truly did lead the team. Office was very nice and there was plenty of social activities too.

Pros

great working hours

A great place to work if you enjoy a fast paced customer service environment.

I spent 3 years at Service NSW as a center manager and had an absolute ball. My team of 25 staff were one of the best teams I’ve ever led. So much fun.

supportive flexible workplace

the organisation is always very supportive of increasing staff potential and providing training to see staff excel in their role. there is always ample opportunity to take on new roles.

Great programs, poor culture

The CEO is great. He is engaged and puts everything that Service NSW does at the forefront of what we do. Plenty of workshops and opportunities to see what the rest of the organisation is doing, which is nice. It's a big shame that some Directors beneath him abuse their power and have built a culture of fear and favouritism. Not an environment that I want to be a part of anymore.

Pros

Great CEO

Cons

Poor Culture and lack of opportunity

A brand new approach to government services.

Customer focused government Services. Changed the game in the sense of how the customers felt about going to the 'RTA' and how they were treated. Absolutely brilliant move.

Pros

The satisfaction of helping someone.

Cons

Na

Great pay but not worth the headache

I got paid $30 p/hr as a temp which was amazing but not worth what I had to deal with everyday. Working here was like being imprisoned. Chained to my desk, I couldn't even go to the bathroom more than twice a day without ruining my daily adherence to schedule. They are very big on timing and basically want perfection. But hey, if you've been there for 5 years you can spend the whole day downstairs having a smoke or lounging about in the break room and no one says a thing. Team leaders were very friendly and helpful but the overall atmosphere and management direction was snobby. It constantly felt like my job was being dangled in front of me and I constantly felt replaceable. No flexibility, no security, no advancement to further my career in any way.

Pros

Close to home, good pay

Cons

Snobby management, no flexibility, no advancement in career, constantly being monitored and timed all day everyday

Flexible Working conditions as a Consultant

A typical day would be to engage with the team to understand the asset of the teams People were very friendly and helpful Most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility of accessing the offices to do my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service NSW. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Service NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?