Service NSW

40: Service NSW Employee Reviews

Australia40 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Productive work place where you learn a lot and resolve customer queries

Strict work culture given the fact that you are handling sensitive information, but great team members, often ready to help whenever you are stuck which makes it somewhat fun, you learn a lot..overall productive work place

Cons

Abusive customers makes it difficult

A very good environment to work.

Felt welcome. Overall best work experience and training with career development. The team environment was friendly and supportive. Best manager ever.

Worst experience of my life

I worked as a DSR at the Bondi Junction Service Centre.While the colleagues were mostly great, the service centre Manager at the time was an untrustworthy bully.There was little to no support on the floor, dealing with atrociously rude customers all day long. Your purpose there was to survive, getting through the day at best…Always understaffed, with a very high turnover, my physical and mental health degraded fast. Thankfully, I was able to move on and progress my career and I enjoy every day my work now. If you can survive a busy Service Centre, any job will seem easy I guess…

Worst workplace ever

Working for Service NSW is a horrible experience. They will hire you part time and make you work full time hours without an ado. They favour employees that have been there a long time and will treat new employees like nothing. Head office will do nothing and even suggest you should work at kfc instead if you want parttime hours. Get paid more from centrelink.

Colleges are great. Working in a call centre is one of those jobs you'll either love or hate.

Abused by customers on multiple occasions but good support from management when incidents occour. Unfortunately call centre work ( and especially government centres) is always hard, call expectations can feel hard to reach. Big culture around not taking sick days.

Pros

Great people to work with, great pay.

Cons

Rotating shift, abusive from customers is frequent and can become hard to deal with.

Toxic and unsupportive work environment

At first, I enjoyed my time at Service NSW until team leaders stopped “caring” about us after 3-4 months of employment. I was hired to do 2 skills and by the 4th month I was forced to work with 15 different skills with little training. It felt like we were always thrown in the deep end and told to swim. Plus, we never had any sort of pay rise or choice in doing those skills, we were being paid the same amount as someone who was doing one skill. The adherence schedules were stupid, you were pretty much allowed to go to the bathroom once a day, within your 8 hours. Some of the team leaders were absolutely rude, not assisting with inquiries, questions or escalations. They always said they were “too busy doing admin work” I as well as so many other agents I had spoken to had developed major fear and anxiety from the abuse received over the phone, the micro managing from team leaders and the lack of support and training to deal with situations. Service NSW does not have opportunities to progress unless you closely know someone in other departments. There were many times we were told “not to plan our lives” when schedules were wrongly distributed. If you aren’t a permanent employee or someone with kids, your leave requests will always be denied or “on a wait list”. We were told to pretty much mould our lives around our work and not worry about our personal life. Service NSW do not care about their people, they hire as many people as they can just to dispose through them all then hire a new bunch of people. I strongly DO NOT recommend Service NSW as a workplace.

Pros

Cons

Lack of support and training, Competitive, High and unrealistic expectations, Treated differently than others, Unfair pay, No opportunity to progress

Fun Place to Work

From Management to my colleagues SNSW was a very nurturing and caring environment to work at.Team Leaders very helpful and supportive. Contact Centre Manager was a caring and supportive person who genuinely cared about her staff .Highly recommended place to work

Pros

Free tea, coffee, filtered water

Cons

Na

Excellent

Service Nsw is one of the most rewarding organisations. From the work you do on the floor to going to disaster zones and helping your own community and others get through the tough times.

Pros

Great team and culture

Cons

Temp contracts

Excellent

By far possibly the best decision I've made in my personal career path. I am surrounded by management who I feel inspired by. Definitely taking their leadership qualities with me. I was lucky enough to join a Service Centre that was close to home, meaning that I get to service my own local community. Learnt a lot about the community which had only made me more passionate in helping and assisting those in my LGA. I started off as a 3 month contractor and was given a temporary contract. If you are consistent and work hard, it doesn't go unnoticed. I definitely recommend.

Pros

Good management, good if you know how to work independently and also as a team.

Cons

No cons so far

Toxic Environment/Culture

I worked there for about 4 years. Worst experience ever. You are expected to do over 100 different transactions with little training and errors are not tolerated. Unsupportive environment. Favouritism (friends and family of management magically advance before everyone else). No concept of Fair Work rights, they make rules up as they go. Very nasty culture. No flexibility for working parents. Bullying seems to be the norm there. I wasted 4 good years of my life working for this toxic organisation. The only good thing I took away from the experience is that I am more resilient and learnt how to deal with really nasty, toxic people.

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

No training, unprofessional Management. Clear favouritism, working Saturdays, fast paced environment with no tolerance of errors.

Fun place to work and learn

So many transactions to learn. Busy work place. Excitment dealing with different customers on a daily basis. Every transaction is different and sometimes challenging. Love my job as I am learning so much and helping customers.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Can’t leave on time most of the days

Great place to work for the right people

You need to be able to adapt quickly and keep up in busier centres. Doesn’t hurt to have a thick skin as well, there are often too many cooks in the kitchen in terms of management so being flexible helps massively!

Pros

Great pay, leave entitlements, diverse work

Cons

Can be a stagnant job if you aren’t proactive

productive and fun work place

active workplace with good customer service .it was a busy days full off energy and organized company to help customer, and provide them with best solution to their enquires .

Terrible to work for

Although I loved my workmates. The management were terrible. No job security, they don't care about employees at all. The job is stressful but workmates make your time better

Productive and cutting edge project management using Agile systems

Terrific place to work, with offices all over the state of NSW it offers a great career choice for young people looking for a long term career. I accepted an offer of Voluntary Redundancy and I am now ready to get back into the workforce.

Great people to work with, awesome pay and awesome opportunity to move up. Uniforms are nice and formal. Lots of free food and friendly people over all great place to work

High learning.

There is excellent support from among the members of the team in the goal of performing your tasks. You can easily approach your team leader and guidance is provided substantially.

Great Place to Work

Fast pace environment with constant calls. Friendly and helpful staff and fun environment. Management meens well but in many cases is not properly trained in the management of their people. Needs to be more staff development

Lots to learn and opportunities available for person with the right skill

Lots to learn and opportunities available for person with the right skill. Management never puts up unrealistic targets. Ample avenues to learn new skills as there are training plans ready to opt for.

Great organisation

Service NSW is a great organisation to work for as it has a lot of opportunities to grow and develop and encourages you to take on advanced opportunities to achieve your goals and support the business

Great working environment

Fantastic working culture. Its clear from the beginning that my manager trusted my abilities and truly did lead the team. Office was very nice and there was plenty of social activities too.

Pros

great working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service NSW. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Service NSW with

• Service NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?