Service NSW Management reviews

Great pay but not worth the headache
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW30 October 2018
I got paid $30 p/hr as a temp which was amazing but not worth what I had to deal with everyday. Working here was like being imprisoned. Chained to my desk, I couldn't even go to the bathroom more than twice a day without ruining my daily adherence to schedule. They are very big on timing and basically want perfection. But hey, if you've been there for 5 years you can spend the whole day downstairs having a smoke or lounging about in the break room and no one says a thing.

Team leaders were very friendly and helpful but the overall atmosphere and management direction was snobby. It constantly felt like my job was being dangled in front of me and I constantly felt replaceable. No flexibility, no security, no advancement to further my career in any way.
Pros
Close to home, good pay
Cons
Snobby management, no flexibility, no advancement in career, constantly being monitored and timed all day everyday
great opportunities
(Position) Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW30 May 2018
A busy fast paced role which involves helping customers with RTA transactions. Management was good and I had the opportunity to learn a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly close knit staff and location.
A very fake place to work with other staff members not wanting to help each other move forward.
Senior Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  The Rocks NSW27 May 2018
Disappointed with the advertised job role, requirements and tasks not matching the reality of the role. Management not performing tasks which affected the role i was employed to do. The initital workplace seemed very friendly and welcoming but it wasn't the case. There seems to be a need for management and senior staff looking down on others thinking they were above other staff members. It is not the culture i want to work in.
Burnout Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW1 May 2018
No flexibility, immediate management is great, higher up is very bad.
Toilet breaks are timed.
Chained to your desk, no chance of advancement based on merit or performance, people who don't fit the click are pushed out.

Lucky I was part of the click but heartbreaking to see my fellow deserving colleagues miss out on opportunities.
Great Pay, Terrible Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 August 2017
Firstly, you want to know about pay. It is incredible! Usually high 50k at least bare minimum for entry level positions. Free designer uniform, but the work is very difficult. Expected to learn tonnes of info in a very short amount of time. Management do breath down your neck if you don't perform as 40 other people would happily replace you. Lots of usual office gossiping, rubbish and backstabbing. Negative workplace. Customers are usually nice enough, all the confrontation takes place behind the scenes. Management are very passive aggressive.
Pros
Money, uniform, decent hours
Cons
Aggressive management, high KPI's, high demand of new staff to learn faster
Excellent
Service NSW - Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW15 June 2017
This was a short term contract. A fun place to work. Awesome, friendly people. Great feedback from management. Excellent training. Centrally located close to public transport
Sadly Work life balance is NOT there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW15 February 2015
Rostering for working primary care parents is not taken into account...

Sadly I have never had a performance review here either