Service Stream
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Service Stream Employee Reviews

Australia71 reviews
at present no future in nbn
it will be hard working and less payment inlater time. the typical work load is less work and the pre work requirement will be harder and harder. there are too many techs at the moments.
unorganized mess
The place had no organization, no leadership, and no direction. The blind leading the blind. I tried my best to bring value and improve things but my suggestions and were not received with open ears.
Don't bother wasting your time
Sad clueless management, with mediocre supervisors who believe the world will stop without them. And don't even consider promotion unless you're related to or sleeping with a senior manager.
work vehicle provided with good incentives
great support staff, work was very rewarding, there was opportunities to gain extra skills and qualifications on the job. the work paid very well and promptly
Great company to work for.
You have to enjoy walking in all weather conditions. There are hills as well as flat areas.. you need to be fast paced and accurate at the same time..The people in the office or out in the fields are always willing to help in any way possible. You need a lot of common sense and an ability to be very efficient.
a place of emploment
air conditioner needs major repairs, in summer you roast and in winter you freeze. garden furniture in break room, and not enough seating, you are forced to eat at your desk, everybody's birthdays are recognised with monthly morning teas and the there are quite a few charities that are supported. I wish it had more job securlty,
Pros
plenty of free parking, theme days for food, birthday celebrations every month
Cons
alot of work is on fixed term contracts, no real job security, systems constantly crashing
Friendly place to work
Stressful at times with pressure from upper management.
Fast paced working with contractors.

Management level bureaucratic at times but full support.

Everybody respected each other.
nothing company
It is hard to write things about SS that are positive. It is a company that uses people up then discards them. They give no incentive to work productively for them as a employee or contractor.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Service Stream?
Stressful and unrewarding
I was initially excited to work at Service Stream, this was until I found out the remuneration at the end of the interview. While management is generally good, they have signed a poor tender contract that values speed and numbers over safety and quality.
This places undue stress on field workers to hit high numbers to receive an industry average salary.
Productive and fun place to work for.
Management is approachable and supportive.Team work and share information.Lots of seminars on work life balance and community involvement.Positive interaction with workers and subcontractors.Support systems for development of Staff and Subcontractors.
Weren't too bad to work once you elevate from the bottom of the ladder positions.
Plenty of opportunities for advancement for those who want to do more than the entry level positions. Strongly advise seeking promotion as early as possible because the entry level employees do get treated poorly.
Productive fun work place
Enjoyed working for Servicestream. Smaller company with minimum baries to being productive. Great co-operation between colleagues. Convenient working location.
Enjoyed it but they dont care about you
I liked the job, but I was fired after only 2 months because I couldn't meet their bullsht average meter readings per hour per route, even tho my pace had nothing to do with it. They only care about you getting the job done as fast as possible, to save themselves money. Understandable...But if you take longer than desired, for reasons that have nothing to do with how fast you are, they wont give you shifts...No job security, no set hours, youre treated like a pawn
Secure workplace with good leadership
Overall a good workplace, a typical day of work consists of saying good morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and then sitting down to grind through repetitive tasks. joining the company fresh out of uni I have learnt how a business operates as well as a lot about the fixed communication infrastructure. Management can be a little hard to read at times however overall they have guided me in the right direction.
Good culture and opportunity
I believe Service Stream can always improve, like any company, but I found that this company has a lot of opportunity for anyone ready to put in the work.
Pros
Internal promotion, good culture, friendly team
Cons
Repetitive tasks
Bullying and Harassment is totally acceptable culture
Micromanaged by incompetent managers that constructively undermined the success of all activities. Managers bullied and exited 5 people while I was there seemingly because they didn't agree with the project managers then joked about them. HR were totally unresponsive and I was warned before I started. Stay away from this company if you are a project contractor.
Enjoyable but busy
Staff are friendly and very easy to get along with. Management can be unprofessional at times. Some staff members are given much more than they can handle. Convenient and handy coffee and lunch vans :) Overall, an enjoyable but busy place to work.
Fun place with all backpackers but eventually became really strict and serious
Fun place with all backpackers but eventually became really strict and serious. Career advancement was almost nil. Campaign to campaign shifts and swaps and limited scope/plateaued career progression or salary rise
The worst workplace I have ever seen
I call it the worst place on earth because of its toxic culture and treatment of lower level employees. I got warnings from three levels of management for being logging into the system 2 minutes and 38 seconds, although I was 10 minutes ealier in the office. They are very good at pointing what is wrong even on your second day and without appropriate training.
No encouragement at all for doing good. No option and using the poor team as disposables.

I have worked in the hospitality, but this place is the worst than worst restuarant manager.
Pros
None, except meeting some victims like myself
Cons
So many to mention
Gained vital experience in project management and coordination
Had a good team to work with, very supportive and productive

Good management to ensure appropriate feedback and benefits were provided in due time.

Exposure to handling high pressure projects and being held accountable E2E was the most challenging part of the role, however through great support and mentoring I was able to successfully provide results.
great for a first job
I worked here as a meter reader for about 1.5 years. It's a lot of walking, but once you get used to it (10-30km a day) it's not so bad, the pay is decent for someone just out of high school. it's pretty tricky in summer when it's 45C and you don't really have access to water (or if you carry it with you it gets warm very quickly, even when frozen, and then you have to go and find public toilets which takes forever). rain also sucks. customers can be very rude, and also aggressive. SAPN, whom we are contracted to, don't care about us, so there isn't any reward for being a good worker (no chance of a pay rise) but service stream try their best to look after us as employees. the people ate the office are friendly and respect that you have a life outside of work. although we're not supposed to go on properties with dogs, i gave out many pats to very friendly dogs, which always boosts my mood. There is some flexibility with hours if you work hard they try harder to accommodate you if you want to change hours or take leave. it is good working without a boss looking over your shoulder, but it can get lonely going a whole day without having an actual conversation. there isn't much culture for field staff or anything because we work by ourselves, but we are included in the end of year christmas party, and we have group meetings sometimes.
Pros
good exercise, meet nice dogs, 78c per km driving
Cons
SAPN don't care about you, weather can suck, Customers can be aggressive
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Stream. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9