Service Stream
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Service Stream Employee Reviews

Hard to prove your innocence if a customer complained about something in regards to you. Start at 7am but need to work no matter what the weather is like. You have a quota to work to and need to complete that in required time. The good point is that you work by yourself, get fitter and meet new people. Also you are required to deal with some vicious dogs and people. Overall it is better than centrelink.
Pros
Get fit working, work by yourself.
Cons
Dog bites, rude customers, no comeback on complaints, casual and work in all weather.
It was great experience SS, As i was Sub contractor with the service screen On NBN co Project about 5 years all supervisor was very friendly and helpful Can the main thing the payment always on time love to work with service streem again
Cons
Management incompetent giving 2 people same work always behind because they treat readers poorly and can not retain staff .A typical day involves walking in rain,cold or heat sticking head in bushes digging meter's that are buried and being alone for the entire day not good for your mental health.Don't fall for managers talk about incentive for doing work quick only his mates get that.The work culture is pathetic 80% of readers hate company and carn't wait to leave.Hardest part of job is dealing with the incompetence of the 2 contract managers and the lies they tell.Most enjoyable part of job was seeing managers constantly screwing up giving wrong routes putting 2 on same route having 2 on route and both doing same part.Don't do this job reason why there's always jobs is because it suck's
Pros
none maybe going home at end of day
Cons
low pay for terrible job, lying managers
I enjoyed my time as a Field Supervisor managing a range of civil contractors, drillers etc Building Fibre to the node projects. The projects i managed on time and to BUDJET while working closely with Project Managers and Designers.
Cons
Good place very busy and technical really learned a lot was mainly infrastructure work on NBN projects but busy had to really think outside the box a lot of time
Great place to work in and has a very collaborative team of professionals. The learning curve was a bit steep for me since I came from a different industry but the transition into telecommunications was made deasy by how helpful the team was.
The place had no organization, no leadership, and no direction. The blind leading the blind. I tried my best to bring value and improve things but my suggestions and were not received with open ears.
Sad clueless management, with mediocre supervisors who believe the world will stop without them. And don't even consider promotion unless you're related to or sleeping with a senior manager.
it will be hard working and less payment inlater time. the typical work load is less work and the pre work requirement will be harder and harder. there are too many techs at the moments.
great support staff, work was very rewarding, there was opportunities to gain extra skills and qualifications on the job. the work paid very well and promptly
You have to enjoy walking in all weather conditions. There are hills as well as flat areas.. you need to be fast paced and accurate at the same time..The people in the office or out in the fields are always willing to help in any way possible. You need a lot of common sense and an ability to be very efficient.
air conditioner needs major repairs, in summer you roast and in winter you freeze. garden furniture in break room, and not enough seating, you are forced to eat at your desk, everybody's birthdays are recognised with monthly morning teas and the there are quite a few charities that are supported. I wish it had more job securlty,
Pros
plenty of free parking, theme days for food, birthday celebrations every month
Cons
alot of work is on fixed term contracts, no real job security, systems constantly crashing
Stressful at times with pressure from upper management. Fast paced working with contractors. Management level bureaucratic at times but full support. Everybody respected each other.
It is hard to write things about SS that are positive. It is a company that uses people up then discards them. They give no incentive to work productively for them as a employee or contractor.
I was initially excited to work at Service Stream, this was until I found out the remuneration at the end of the interview. While management is generally good, they have signed a poor tender contract that values speed and numbers over safety and quality. This places undue stress on field workers to hit high numbers to receive an industry average salary.
Management is approachable and supportive.Team work and share information.Lots of seminars on work life balance and community involvement.Positive interaction with workers and subcontractors.Support systems for development of Staff and Subcontractors.
Plenty of opportunities for advancement for those who want to do more than the entry level positions. Strongly advise seeking promotion as early as possible because the entry level employees do get treated poorly.
Enjoyed working for Servicestream. Smaller company with minimum baries to being productive. Great co-operation between colleagues. Convenient working location.
I liked the job, but I was fired after only 2 months because I couldn't meet their bullsht average meter readings per hour per route, even tho my pace had nothing to do with it. They only care about you getting the job done as fast as possible, to save themselves money. Understandable...But if you take longer than desired, for reasons that have nothing to do with how fast you are, they wont give you shifts...No job security, no set hours, youre treated like a pawn
Overall a good workplace, a typical day of work consists of saying good morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and then sitting down to grind through repetitive tasks. joining the company fresh out of uni I have learnt how a business operates as well as a lot about the fixed communication infrastructure. Management can be a little hard to read at times however overall they have guided me in the right direction.
I believe Service Stream can always improve, like any company, but I found that this company has a lot of opportunity for anyone ready to put in the work.
Pros
Internal promotion, good culture, friendly team
Cons
Repetitive tasks