Service Stream
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Service Stream Employee Reviews

Australia94 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Good workplace

Not bad to work with. Depending on which department. Telecommunication department could improve. The section i worked for was unorganised but that may have changed.

Successful company that need to focus more on the staff at the lower end of the food chain

I held several different positions here and enjoyed most of them. The people in my teams were great to work with but the management were not helpful in managing, disciplining when required, delegating work or making sure everyone was getting paid fairly or equally. Some management also take credit for a lot of work done by staff below them which is disappointing.

Its a great place to work if like doing same stuff over and over (great people always helping)

I loved it It’s a great starter job . You can learn a lot and the people are really helpful. The only thing is that it gets boring soon . Doing same thing over and over

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Low pay

Whilst the concept sounds good, in the long term it will do your head in...

Not the dream job that some think it would be.Only job I have ever had where you are paid less for doing your allocated work more efficiently. Bonuses originally promised were never received, and then removed when management reassessed the contact. My KPI shifted to be my fastest completions.. Moving the goal posts or what!All about the numbers, their rules and regs.As an essential worker, the dole paid more on some pay cycles in the early C19 outbreaks. No PPE was supplied to my regional area, ever, although requests were made. The back office it seems will spend big $$ working out how to shave money off the contract at the expense of their field staff. Phone allowances that dont cover a plan at 1.25/day, deducted if you didn't work on a certain day, meanwhile your personal phone is full of their stuff. Expectations to travel up to an hour daily to and from routes where you may only work for 3 to 4 hrs equating to 20 % of time unpaid. Considering regional, we house the company vehicle at home, sign keys in and out of the company safe, and pay the electricity to charge their HHD, it seems unfair. Needs to change, and soon. I am at around 600 unpaid hours now. Expected available for 38hrs, but get around 20 to 30, making it impossible to hold another PT position elsewhere. As casual can not put enough aside to take holidays, let alone exist some fortnights. Christmas break sucks, less work and less pay at the hardest time of year. All employee feedback is politely met with ignorance. Coming into my sixth year now, and in my 50's if I could get another job, I would..

Pros

Autonomous lone workers can thrive on the 300km runs.

Cons

Walking up to 20km a day in 40 plus heat, or rain

The turnover is relatively high. Advancement is rare. They hire their old friends. No involvement or understanding of basic mgmt principles

No Upper Management involvement to speak of. Little communication. Little understanding of contracts they manage to win. Upper management aloof and arrogant and the same time ignorant. An average company in an average industry

Pros

None.

Cons

Stagnation.

Stressful, no time for breaks

Safety is a big issue , you are under pressure to finish your daily jobs to keep their number high . Dangerous job , lucky no one has been killed in the process of the work . Wouldn’t recommend anyone doing this job.

Pros

no pros

Cons

all cons

Poor performer with useless staff

Justifiably the worst reputation in the telecommunications industry Zero accountability Zero responsibility Zero intention to improve poor performance (they’d rather lose contracts)Poor sub contractors get treated like dirtApply for a job here if you don’t care about your future, or want a lol at your next interview

Pros

No one knows what they are doing

Cons

No one knows what they are doing

Normal people at work.

I was a subcontractor field technician. Generally everything was OK. Just normal guys who often understand your situation. Relatively flexible with work schedule. Pay on time.

Pros

Clear tasks.

Cons

Nothing major.

Productive team environment

A typical day involves walking from house to house along a pre-determined route and taking the readings on the gas meters. The work is physical in nature and involves walking long distances in all weather conditions.

Learned my Team Management skills at Servicestream

Great bunch of people to work with. They looked after me pretty well. Wages were a bit low for what you did but they got better over time. No complaints.

Pros

Vehicle private use

Cons

Long hours and lots of contractors

Flexible and very Grateful company

It was great experience SS, As i was Sub contractor with the service screen On NBN co Project about 5 years all supervisor was very friendly and helpful Can the main thing the payment always on time love to work with service streem again

Cons

Terrible place to work,bad job worse company ive ever worked for

Management incompetent giving 2 people same work always behind because they treat readers poorly and can not retain staff .A typical day involves walking in rain,cold or heat sticking head in bushes digging meter's that are buried and being alone for the entire day not good for your mental health.Don't fall for managers talk about incentive for doing work quick only his mates get that.The work culture is pathetic 80% of readers hate company and carn't wait to leave.Hardest part of job is dealing with the incompetence of the 2 contract managers and the lies they tell.Most enjoyable part of job was seeing managers constantly screwing up giving wrong routes putting 2 on same route having 2 on route and both doing same part.Don't do this job reason why there's always jobs is because it suck's

Pros

none maybe going home at end of day

Cons

low pay for terrible job, lying managers

Under pressure most of the time working to quotas.

Hard to prove your innocence if a customer complained about something in regards to you. Start at 7am but need to work no matter what the weather is like. You have a quota to work to and need to complete that in required time. The good point is that you work by yourself, get fitter and meet new people. Also you are required to deal with some vicious dogs and people. Overall it is better than centrelink.

Pros

Get fit working, work by yourself.

Cons

Dog bites, rude customers, no comeback on complaints, casual and work in all weather.

Fast paced, comms company.

I enjoyed my time as a Field Supervisor managing a range of civil contractors, drillers etc Building Fibre to the node projects. The projects i managed on time and to BUDJET while working closely with Project Managers and Designers.

Good place

Good place very busy and technical really learned a lot was mainly infrastructure work on NBN projects but busy had to really think outside the box a lot of time

Productive worplace with a table tennis table in the luch room

Great place to work in and has a very collaborative team of professionals. The learning curve was a bit steep for me since I came from a different industry but the transition into telecommunications was made deasy by how helpful the team was.

unorganized mess

The place had no organization, no leadership, and no direction. The blind leading the blind. I tried my best to bring value and improve things but my suggestions and were not received with open ears.

Don't bother wasting your time

Sad clueless management, with mediocre supervisors who believe the world will stop without them. And don't even consider promotion unless you're related to or sleeping with a senior manager.

at present no future in nbn

it will be hard working and less payment inlater time. the typical work load is less work and the pre work requirement will be harder and harder. there are too many techs at the moments.

work vehicle provided with good incentives

great support staff, work was very rewarding, there was opportunities to gain extra skills and qualifications on the job. the work paid very well and promptly

Great company to work for.

You have to enjoy walking in all weather conditions. There are hills as well as flat areas.. you need to be fast paced and accurate at the same time..The people in the office or out in the fields are always willing to help in any way possible. You need a lot of common sense and an ability to be very efficient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Stream. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Service Stream