Service Stream Employee Reviews

Good culture and opportunity
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 April 2019
I believe Service Stream can always improve, like any company, but I found that this company has a lot of opportunity for anyone ready to put in the work.
Pros
Internal promotion, good culture, friendly team
Cons
Repetitive tasks
Bullying and Harassment is totally acceptable culture
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 March 2019
Micromanaged by incompetent managers that constructively undermined the success of all activities. Managers bullied and exited 5 people while I was there seemingly because they didn't agree with the project managers then joked about them. HR were totally unresponsive and I was warned before I started. Stay away from this company if you are a project contractor.
Fun place with all backpackers but eventually became really strict and serious
CLIENT SERVICE AND SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 January 2019
Fun place with all backpackers but eventually became really strict and serious. Career advancement was almost nil. Campaign to campaign shifts and swaps and limited scope/plateaued career progression or salary rise
The worst workplace I have ever seen
NBN Schedular (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC11 December 2018
I call it the worst place on earth because of its toxic culture and treatment of lower level employees. I got warnings from three levels of management for being logging into the system 2 minutes and 38 seconds, although I was 10 minutes ealier in the office. They are very good at pointing what is wrong even on your second day and without appropriate training.
No encouragement at all for doing good. No option and using the poor team as disposables.
I have worked in the hospitality, but this place is the worst than worst restuarant manager.
Pros
None, except meeting some victims like myself
Cons
So many to mention
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 December 2018
Gained vital experience in project management and coordination
Had a good team to work with, very supportive and productive
Good management to ensure appropriate feedback and benefits were provided in due time.
Exposure to handling high pressure projects and being held accountable E2E was the most challenging part of the role, however through great support and mentoring I was able to successfully provide results.
great for a first job
meter reader (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 November 2018
I worked here as a meter reader for about 1.5 years. It's a lot of walking, but once you get used to it (10-30km a day) it's not so bad, the pay is decent for someone just out of high school. it's pretty tricky in summer when it's 45C and you don't really have access to water (or if you carry it with you it gets warm very quickly, even when frozen, and then you have to go and find public toilets which takes forever). rain also sucks. customers can be very rude, and also aggressive. SAPN, whom we are contracted to, don't care about us, so there isn't any reward for being a good worker (no chance of a pay rise) but service stream try their best to look after us as employees. the people ate the office are friendly and respect that you have a life outside of work. although we're not supposed to go on properties with dogs, i gave out many pats to very friendly dogs, which always boosts my mood. There is some flexibility with hours if you work hard they try harder to accommodate you if you want to change hours or take leave. it is good working without a boss looking over your shoulder, but it can get lonely going a whole day without having an actual conversation. there isn't much culture for field staff or anything because we work by ourselves, but we are included in the end of year christmas party, and we have group meetings sometimes.
Pros
good exercise, meet nice dogs, 78c per km driving
Cons
SAPN don't care about you, weather can suck, Customers can be aggressive
The people are nice, the work is not
Customer Service/ Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Collins Street VIC8 November 2018
Selling rip off product to innocence. Management didnt seem to know what was going on, processes changed everyday. However it was good pay for the work we did and the people where nice
Not Hourly Rate
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Forrestfield WA4 October 2018
Overworked, constantly paid incorrectly and treated with little to no respect.
The hierarchy is so vague it is almost impossible to get to anyone to get clarification on discrepancies. If time is not recorded in 10min intervals you will not be paid for the missing time *not hourly rate. Management within the company treats staff as disposable and places unreasonable expectations on the employee. Working in all weather conditions includes during storms where electricity polls have caught alight.

Very toxic work environment.
Pros
Working Autonomously, The other meter readers when you got to see them
Cons
Long Hours, Unreasonable Working Conditions, Paid Incorrectly, Toxic Leadership and Work Environment
Good Work Life Balance
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Perth23 September 2018
ASX company with ventures in various industries. Good work life balance and excellent management team. Open to feedback and promote employee engagement and retention through various programs.
Pros
Healthy Work Life Balance
Cons
Salary range could be more competitive
Poor management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 September 2018
Always overworked and expected to do jobs not defined in job description. Incompetent management,.
A typical day could be mistaken as an episode of "Days of our lives" with all the backstabbing and little gangs within. Very much an us against them mentality. Toxic attitude towards customers. Working conditions are poor unless lucky enough to score an office job or have Daddy make one up for you. Warehouse conditions aren't up too scratch. Contractors are ridiculed behind their backs and treated with little respect. Best part of job was being lucky enough to work with some decent people.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
OK while looking for another job
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 August 2018
You have a round every day and walk long hours to read meters.
Physical job not for everybody. Hard during summer or heavy rain day...
Management is arrogant and treat you as a consumable, so turn over is crazy in this company( around 2 people per week).
As you can except , money is pretty bad of course...
Worst part being the fact they try to rip you off some hours you have done on your payslip and you have to check and fight fortnightly to get what you have worked so hard for.
Pros
Being paid to exercise and lose weight, working alone
Cons
Wages, casual work, hard on legs work, management, dishonest people on payroll
Telco PMO in Sydney
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  St Leonards NSW28 July 2018
Training was minimal. Don't expect training.
Location offers good access to public transport.
Everyone knows Servicestream in the industry.
Low salary. Work colleagues are good. Gym, Cafe and Takeaway nearby.
Pros
Work was there, paid on time
Cons
Low salary, people usually don't stay long
Learnt Technical Fibre skills
Own Business as a Sole Trader (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 July 2018
I used to make optical fibre connections and activate their new NBN services. When the usual ADSL2+ service was converting to NBN.
Also used to resolve issues related to customers internet service.
Poor business culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Victoria24 April 2018
People treated as an expendable commodity rather then being valued.
Extremely poor CEO/EGM/GM behaviours - don't represent the values of the business.
Witnessed women in management positions being treated poorly by EGM / GM level.
Business systems are not fit for purpose and have been very poorly implemented.
Not enough employees to complete the daily work requirements - leading to extensive / unsustainable working hours for many staff.
Poor leadership / team culture by senior managers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor business culture - extremely long hours / impacting on staff moral, home life, relationships etc.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 March 2018
Great place to learn to work hard in a limited budget being a outsource service provider. I worked with them for 3 years and then there was no room to move anywhere as my manager was decided to continue working there and retire.
Horrible. Do not work here.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 March 2018
Office doesn’t care about you, you do all the hard work and when confused the office people are just turds. The amount of work isn’t worth what you get paid FORTNIGHTLY. No set hours, you could finish a run in 3 hours and have to go home that’s it.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Horrible workplace
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator / Work Allocator (Former Employee) –  Regency Park SA19 December 2017
I take pride in my job and it’s always nice to see the smiling, sometimes relieved faces of those awaiting a package. For every happy customer who has a pleasant exchange with me and receives his items on time, there are three more people he tells. That’s three more people who will go on to tell their friends of their positive experiences with us and so on and so forth.

I believe that if every employee treated their job as respectfully as I do and had as positive a record, this company would beat out the competition by a mile every single quarter.
Pros
Friday BBQ
Cons
Change of owners
every day is differant
Field technician (Current Employee) –  riverton16 October 2017
i drive 500 ks plus a day have jobs all over the mid north, there is no job secuity as casaul you dont always get enougth hours. iam looking for job secuity as set hours.my job will finish up soon because of new digital meters roll out.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough hours
Great work team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane9 October 2017
Manager was really friendly. It's a great environment to work in. Very multicultural workplace. Enjoyed working here while I was there. Company is supplying for Telstra.
Busy place but people tend to sit in their pigeon holes.
Regional HSE Advisor WA (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 September 2017
Service Stream were initially all that I could have asked. I had huge respect for the person that recruited me and loved that we all received a lot of training. The person that recruited me left after a while and things were never the same.
I spent a lot of time auditing and on the road looking to find ways of improving the safety and compliance of the many contractors we had. We had various divisions in an differing facets of power and telecommunication fields.
As a team we discussed injury management and training methods in regular online national phone conferences. I especially enjoyed meeting the team at yearly team meetings.
Service Stream started well but changed the management of the HSE staff. These subsequently made most of the existing personnel redundant and were advertising their jobs while they were serving their notice. I was one of the unfortunates.
Pros
Yearly Conferences
Cons
Management changes