Service Stream Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Good culture and opportunity
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 April 2019
I believe Service Stream can always improve, like any company, but I found that this company has a lot of opportunity for anyone ready to put in the work.
Pros
Internal promotion, good culture, friendly team
Cons
Repetitive tasks
Bullying and Harassment is totally acceptable culture
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC31 March 2019
Micromanaged by incompetent managers that constructively undermined the success of all activities. Managers bullied and exited 5 people while I was there seemingly because they didn't agree with the project managers then joked about them. HR were totally unresponsive and I was warned before I started. Stay away from this company if you are a project contractor.
The people are nice, the work is not
Customer Service/ Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Collins Street VIC8 November 2018
Selling rip off product to innocence. Management didnt seem to know what was going on, processes changed everyday. However it was good pay for the work we did and the people where nice
Poor business culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Victoria24 April 2018
People treated as an expendable commodity rather then being valued.
Extremely poor CEO/EGM/GM behaviours - don't represent the values of the business.
Witnessed women in management positions being treated poorly by EGM / GM level.
Business systems are not fit for purpose and have been very poorly implemented.
Not enough employees to complete the daily work requirements - leading to extensive / unsustainable working hours for many staff.
Poor leadership / team culture by senior managers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor business culture - extremely long hours / impacting on staff moral, home life, relationships etc.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 March 2018
Great place to learn to work hard in a limited budget being a outsource service provider. I worked with them for 3 years and then there was no room to move anywhere as my manager was decided to continue working there and retire.
Just fun for higher management
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2016
Get ready for hardworking, long hours and no payment for mandatory overtime. All bad comments around this business came true, they don't care about your personal life, only number of jobs done matters. Trust me the day you get the job with this business start searching for new opportunities. The high level management have no idea about the industry. Most of the managers have no qualification or experience to help or plan to solve the simple problems.
When some employees are under extrem pressure to meet the deadline some others play Games on their computers and it's unbelievable. The employees work hard get sacked easily and brutally.
Safety trainings are great just to cover managers responsibilities and you will never feel to have safe job even after many years of working hard.
Pros
You will know back stabbing managers in the market
Cons
Waste of time and effort
Flexible working hours and reasonable workload
Application Analyst (ServiceNow) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 November 2016
Flexible working hours and reasonable workload. A typical day would see me start at 9 and finish at 5. Good career progression and ample training provided to all employees.
Bau
DESIGNER ( FIBER OPTIC - TELECOM INDUSTRY ) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC22 October 2015
I learned many things as this was completely different environment than my previous field.
I am able to explore new things in this Industry.
Supportive management.
Company helped me for the Health & Safety Course.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Con artists and bullies
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 September 2015
A typical day at work with this company would involve contractors being angry and shouting cause they are not paid. Unhappy client. Unable to contact managers as they are constantly smoking outside.
There is no enjoyment in this company.

Look for another job.
Pros
There are no pros for this company. Run Run fast! DO not work for this company
Cons
Poor management. Pay is never on time. Unhappy suppliers and clients due to poor management.
Fun work enviroment and supportive team leaders
Directory Assistance (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC13 February 2015
Was a great Job to get back into the workforce. I really enjoyed my time in that position. The managers/team leaders were always supportive and helpful with great feedback and suggestions for improvement.
Pros
Close to train station
Cons
Low wages
Inbound / Outbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC12 February 2015
Sales Force company with many clients . Insurance, Solar, Telecommunications .
I learnt the value of each individual contributing to the team dynamic.
A decent workplace for short-term, but little in the way of advancement
Senior Agent, Digital Ready (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC7 December 2014
Service stream handle several contracts, including Government initiatives such as the Do Not Call Register and Digital Ready (My team). Management are friendly but organization is sometimes not optimal, especially during busy periods.

However, the general workload is less intense than many call centres with a generally easy-going atmosphere.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MELBOURNE28 November 2014
The best part of my job is having the freedom to express myself – to laugh when I need to de-stress; to speak and actually be heard, and to perform not just because I’m paid to do it but because I’m inspired to be the best.Seriously, the best part of my job is without a doubt the people that I work with. Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another. That has definitely helped me become a more confident person.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  melbourne8 September 2014
Service stream works with local site supervisors and qualified contractors to build fixed line and mobile communications networks for Telstra. Also provide ongoing services to support essential network operations. Project covers Installation of new transmission equipment on mobile towers, new household and business broadband connections.
Telstra SMR projects aims to maintain Data bases related to SMR of all the sites for Telstra.
As a contractor , I work in different suburbs. More I work , the more I get paid.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  South East Melbourne23 January 2014
Work as contractor on field. Free courses were provided on safety and Work process. The hardest part was,during rainy days where could not achieved the installation of new meters to cover the daily rate.
Great place to work and great work culture.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne28 January 2013
Company has a great autonomous environment, but also provides team-support.