Service Stream Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Enjoyed it but they dont care about you
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 June 2019
I liked the job, but I was fired after only 2 months because I couldn't meet their bullsht average meter readings per hour per route, even tho my pace had nothing to do with it. They only care about you getting the job done as fast as possible, to save themselves money. Understandable...But if you take longer than desired, for reasons that have nothing to do with how fast you are, they wont give you shifts...No job security, no set hours, youre treated like a pawn
OK while looking for another job
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 August 2018
You have a round every day and walk long hours to read meters.
Physical job not for everybody. Hard during summer or heavy rain day...
Management is arrogant and treat you as a consumable, so turn over is crazy in this company( around 2 people per week).
As you can except , money is pretty bad of course...
Worst part being the fact they try to rip you off some hours you have done on your payslip and you have to check and fight fortnightly to get what you have worked so hard for.
Pros
Being paid to exercise and lose weight, working alone
Cons
Wages, casual work, hard on legs work, management, dishonest people on payroll
Horrible. Do not work here.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 March 2018
Office doesn’t care about you, you do all the hard work and when confused the office people are just turds. The amount of work isn’t worth what you get paid FORTNIGHTLY. No set hours, you could finish a run in 3 hours and have to go home that’s it.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Horrible workplace
Busy place but people tend to sit in their pigeon holes.
Regional HSE Advisor WA (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 September 2017
Service Stream were initially all that I could have asked. I had huge respect for the person that recruited me and loved that we all received a lot of training. The person that recruited me left after a while and things were never the same.
I spent a lot of time auditing and on the road looking to find ways of improving the safety and compliance of the many contractors we had. We had various divisions in an differing facets of power and telecommunication fields.
As a team we discussed injury management and training methods in regular online national phone conferences. I especially enjoyed meeting the team at yearly team meetings.
Service Stream started well but changed the management of the HSE staff. These subsequently made most of the existing personnel redundant and were advertising their jobs while they were serving their notice. I was one of the unfortunates.
Pros
Yearly Conferences
Cons
Management changes
Reading Gas Meters
Gas Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Perth (Northern Suburbs)5 August 2015
The job has a very big responsibility to make sure that the figures entered into the hand held are accurate. it also keep you fit and you get to meet interesting people and see new places every day.
Very laid back people
Mobile Communications Project Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA16 December 2013
Mainly done town planning works for Telstra projects and project coordination works for the Project & State mangers. Worked closely with our colleagues in Sydney and Melbourne also.
Pros
Not enough work
Cons
Very laid back