Service Stream Employee Review

View all Service Stream reviews

great for a first job
meter reader (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 November 2018
I worked here as a meter reader for about 1.5 years. It's a lot of walking, but once you get used to it (10-30km a day) it's not so bad, the pay is decent for someone just out of high school. it's pretty tricky in summer when it's 45C and you don't really have access to water (or if you carry it with you it gets warm very quickly, even when frozen, and then you have to go and find public toilets which takes forever). rain also sucks. customers can be very rude, and also aggressive. SAPN, whom we are contracted to, don't care about us, so there isn't any reward for being a good worker (no chance of a pay rise) but service stream try their best to look after us as employees. the people ate the office are friendly and respect that you have a life outside of work. although we're not supposed to go on properties with dogs, i gave out many pats to very friendly dogs, which always boosts my mood. There is some flexibility with hours if you work hard they try harder to accommodate you if you want to change hours or take leave. it is good working without a boss looking over your shoulder, but it can get lonely going a whole day without having an actual conversation. there isn't much culture for field staff or anything because we work by ourselves, but we are included in the end of year christmas party, and we have group meetings sometimes.
Pros
good exercise, meet nice dogs, 78c per km driving
Cons
SAPN don't care about you, weather can suck, Customers can be aggressive

Other Service Stream Employee Reviews

Enjoyed it but they dont care about you
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 June 2019
I liked the job, but I was fired after only 2 months because I couldn't meet their bullsht average meter readings per hour per route, even tho my pace had nothing to do with it. They only care about you getting the job done as fast as possible, to save themselves money. Understandable...But if you take longer than desired, for reasons that have nothing to do with how fast you are, they wont give you shifts...No job security, no set hours, youre treated like a pawn
Secure workplace with good leadership
Fixed communications - OMMA Payment controller (Current Employee) –  Melbourne CBD28 May 2019
Overall a good workplace, a typical day of work consists of saying good morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and then sitting down to grind through repetitive tasks. joining the company fresh out of uni I have learnt how a business operates as well as a lot about the fixed communication infrastructure. Management can be a little hard to read at times however overall they have guided me in the right direction.