Service Stream Employee Reviews

Great work team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane9 October 2017
Manager was really friendly. It's a great environment to work in. Very multicultural workplace. Enjoyed working here while I was there. Company is supplying for Telstra.
Busy place but people tend to sit in their pigeon holes.
Regional HSE Advisor WA (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 September 2017
Service Stream were initially all that I could have asked. I had huge respect for the person that recruited me and loved that we all received a lot of training. The person that recruited me left after a while and things were never the same.
I spent a lot of time auditing and on the road looking to find ways of improving the safety and compliance of the many contractors we had. We had various divisions in an differing facets of power and telecommunication fields.
As a team we discussed injury management and training methods in regular online national phone conferences. I especially enjoyed meeting the team at yearly team meetings.
Service Stream started well but changed the management of the HSE staff. These subsequently made most of the existing personnel redundant and were advertising their jobs while they were serving their notice. I was one of the unfortunates.
Pros
Yearly Conferences
Cons
Management changes
Contractors beware...Service Stream is on my top 2 most toxic workplaces in my 15 yrs contracting. I witnessed many contractors being bullied.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC24 July 2017
In a small team in two months there were 3 resignations by contractors, two contractors fired without warning or justification and 2 longterm contractors let go because of false allegations made by a permanent employee. Such allegations included accusations of the contractors not smiling enough. The HR depart. even interviewed these contractors & told them to suck it up and smile more. It was disturbing to watch and to ecperience. This is a toxic environment for contractors and they dont even have maternity leave for permament employees. I would strongly discourage contractors from working in the Melbourne office. Toxic from the top down.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Telecommunications constructin small & large
civil construction supervisor Canberra (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT16 July 2017
Pre Pro
Plough cable
Pit & pipe
Aerial construction
Cmux construction

Constructed & maintained validated constructions with many projects run in conjunction with needs by contract & staffed people

Wideband construction using fibte
Pros
Learning
Cons
Redundant at end of contract
Not appreciated.
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lutwyche QLD30 May 2017
Not appreciated.
Travel away from home with no financial incentive.
Attempts to learn different skills often spurned.
Expected to know everything about everything.
Your name gets written in water when you do something right but in concrete if you do something wrong.
Overall a great company to work for
Compliance Officet (Former Employee) –  Lutwyche QLD23 May 2017
This was a temporary assignment for 6 weeks. I enjoyed the flexibility of the hours I worked daily. The management were very personable and supportive and made me feel very welcome. I would recommend this organisation to anyone looking for work.
Pros
Fruit box twice a week. Free flu vaccination
Cons
Quite a distance from my home
Great place to work for but lost Greenfild contract
Greenfield supervisor (Current Employee) –  New South Wales15 February 2017
I had a good time working for Service Stream but we lost the Green Field contract as a Cable Jointer and a Field Supervisor the team was friendly and helpful, this made my job very easy as anything required to make my job meet sometimes unrealistic time frames achievable, nothing was too hard as from the Management to Program Scheduling to providing stores at the warehouse to our contractor, everyone is equals and everybody has and does his or her role to the best of there ability, we all work as one to provide a quality product and as our record stands we are and always be the best team, it is a shame that I may have to leave but we only can control what we can and good luck to the Contractor that won the contract they are going to have to set a high standard to even come close to Service Stream New Dev's team.
Pros
Friendly personal
Cons
Work as a team
Just fun for higher management
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2016
Get ready for hardworking, long hours and no payment for mandatory overtime. All bad comments around this business came true, they don't care about your personal life, only number of jobs done matters. Trust me the day you get the job with this business start searching for new opportunities. The high level management have no idea about the industry. Most of the managers have no qualification or experience to help or plan to solve the simple problems.
When some employees are under extrem pressure to meet the deadline some others play Games on their computers and it's unbelievable. The employees work hard get sacked easily and brutally.
Safety trainings are great just to cover managers responsibilities and you will never feel to have safe job even after many years of working hard.
Pros
You will know back stabbing managers in the market
Cons
Waste of time and effort
Flexible working hours and reasonable workload
Application Analyst (ServiceNow) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 November 2016
Flexible working hours and reasonable workload. A typical day would see me start at 9 and finish at 5. Good career progression and ample training provided to all employees.
Friendly work enviroment
Administration Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD16 May 2016
Our office was a small interknit environment that catered to helping each other when required. As we were a smaller company under the Service Stream umbrella I found that higher management at head office was very impersonal a total reversal of the team that we had at our office.
Pros
Pleasant staff
Cons
High level management impersonal
fun to work with small group and they all funny and friendly
civil works and inside installations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 April 2016
they do difference work and that mean that you can learn many things as work every day.boss is a good man easy to work with and every one is friendly and love to help with anything you don't know.the hardest part of is that you have to do difference thing every day.but its good because when you learn a new things it a good feeling.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
away works
Pay never correct, Bad coms,
Contractor (Current Employee) –  SA4 March 2016
Civil Contractor installing the NBN to the premises,Can never get anyone on the phone, some supervisors are not helpful,
Work comes and goes, 1 week flat out, another a couple of days,
Tight margins.
Cons
Pay is never correct, will never answer the phones, hard to get help or advice if needed, stores are open really inconveineint hours
Bau
DESIGNER ( FIBER OPTIC - TELECOM INDUSTRY ) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC22 October 2015
I learned many things as this was completely different environment than my previous field.
I am able to explore new things in this Industry.
Supportive management.
Company helped me for the Health & Safety Course.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Con artists and bullies
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 September 2015
A typical day at work with this company would involve contractors being angry and shouting cause they are not paid. Unhappy client. Unable to contact managers as they are constantly smoking outside.
There is no enjoyment in this company.

Look for another job.
Pros
There are no pros for this company. Run Run fast! DO not work for this company
Cons
Poor management. Pay is never on time. Unhappy suppliers and clients due to poor management.
Reading Gas Meters
Gas Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Perth (Northern Suburbs)5 August 2015
The job has a very big responsibility to make sure that the figures entered into the hand held are accurate. it also keep you fit and you get to meet interesting people and see new places every day.
okay place to work
Tradies Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geebung15 June 2015
definitely a lot of hard work, long hours outside, decent training, pretty good staff, all round a decent group of people.
Excellent Work Experience but Toxic work Environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD13 June 2015
A typical working day invloves long working Hours and weekends and management never reward you for your efforts.They only want to get the job done and the onus is on us to complete it any cost even if we have to train ourselves through self-study.Lack of training provided is another big issue.
They throw you at the end of a project with virtually no backing up or support.It was always finding your own way to get on top of things.
Pay is below par industry standard, Job insecurity(Each year, there was a wave of layoffs!)
Favouritism.
Politics in terms of career advancement.
Bullying at workplace- Once complained, but no action taken by Management.
Constant Restructuring.
Company takes in Complex & Tedious Projects, Good work experience, which helped to gain decent paying employment elsewhere.
Pros
Company takes in Complex & Tedious Projects, Good work experience.
Cons
Poor career progression, High Job insecurity, Favouritism, Politics, Pay less than industry standard.
Slow to pay, RCTI is never right!!!!!
NBN Contractor (Former Employee) –  Australia22 May 2015
It would be great if they paid correctly per job and actually on time!!
Be prepared to fight for your payments, it is a rare occurrence that they get it right the first time.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Pitty they cant get the subcontractor payments right or pay ontime
A job that helped maintain a high level of fitness and out in the open air with ever changing scenery
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Various27 April 2015
Start about 7.00. Going house to house reading gas meters. Working by yourself and reporting to the office via phone and computer hookup. Had very little contact with other workers. Had a lot of pressure put on us to read as many meters per hour as possible, up to 750 meters per day. But that was out in the open all day which was great, but that did include in the rain too. Had to self manage your time and work autonomously.
Pros
Out in the open air ever changing scenery
Cons
Out in all weather regardless
Fun work enviroment and supportive team leaders
Directory Assistance (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC13 February 2015
Was a great Job to get back into the workforce. I really enjoyed my time in that position. The managers/team leaders were always supportive and helpful with great feedback and suggestions for improvement.
Pros
Close to train station
Cons
Low wages