ServiceNow Employee Reviews

Love The Company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA25 August 2017
best job ever. I was offered a position that allowed me to grow within my position learning so much about the department and those I worked with. Will stay as long as I can
Good place to work in the right department
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 August 2017
If you're a developer, Service Now is a good place to be. In IT, LOOK ELSEWHERE! Horrible management and communication from Corporate IT. Inadequate tools that don't always work and too much work and not enough people to cover that workload.
Pros
Socials every other Thursday
Cons
Management disconnect from "boots on the ground" workers
summer part-time volunteer.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queens Village, NY14 August 2017
a great place to gain people skills, especially with the elderly. I gained a lot of patience and compassion for others. a great learning experience. would recommend it.
Developers welcome
IT Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA31 July 2017
This is sad but very true. IT at this company is a NIGHTMARE to work in. If you are in most any other group, it might be different. If you are a developer this may be the place for you.
Pros
Good People; decent culture.
Cons
Upper management out of touch with workforce.
Very friendly and productive worklpace
Platform Development Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA18 July 2017
I learned how the industry works, how teams work. My manager was always looking out for me and telling what to do and what to not do. We also stayed inn touch after i left.
My role as AE
Commerical Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA27 June 2017
• Generate new business sales revenue from software licenses and expand sales with existing customers within the mid-enterprise account base.
• Conduct ongoing territory planning, researching prospect customers, business development techniques and field-based sales activities within an assigned territory.
• Assist in building a channel model through local resellers such as EchoStor, HighMetric, RoundTower and other Cloud technology partner such as Okta, Box, and Splunk.
• Developed a sales strategy and marketing plans in the allocated territory to drive revenue growth.
• Focus on being a trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future IT roadmap to drive the ServiceNow solution within the marketplace.
Fast-paced, young growing company
IT Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA9 June 2017
I worked there as a contractor for 6 months in the IT organization. During this time, there was a reorg that affected my group. Lack of proper FY17 planning caused a lot of chaos and disorganization with the expected workload. This caused a lot of projects to be postponed due to lack of proper resource planning and effort needed for the entire fiscal year.

Free snacks. Happy hours every other Thursday. Nice cafeteria offering guest chefs creating a wide variety of menu options in addition to the grill and salad bar. Got to work with some great people during my time there!
Pros
Free snacks, happy hour, beer bash, monthly birthday celebrations
Cons
Management, lack of proper planning for the entire fiscal year
Good place to work.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA6 June 2017
The environment was good, a balanced lifestyle for employees. I worked there in the summer of 2014 as an engineering intern. The hours were good, we worked with other, more experienced engineers.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
need more direct guidance for interns
My experience was some time ago and it appears the company is continuing to grow and prosper
Knowledge Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA17 May 2017
Not atypical of the majority of companies for which I have worked. For whatever the reasons I was not comfortable in their environment.
There were many good coworkers and knowledgeable staff. At the time I was there it appeared they had overlapping management that did not have a clear direction.
Pros
Appears to be a good software company with good products
Cons
Some issues with management
Good place to work if you have the right manager and upper management
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA8 May 2017
The company is growing rapidly and there is an entrepreneurial spirit. However the growth is happening a fast pace and too many layers are being added to the Org Chart. Managers and VP's spend the majority of their time looking at sales call notes and moving percentages a couple points up / down for their forecast calls. Strong armed sales tactics will only last so long until SN is viewed as obnoxious. Management needs to practice what they preach from establishing value with their Sales teams and customer base.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Cutthroat
Productive and busy place to work
Associate Technical Developer (Former Employee) –  Remote21 April 2017
I worked remote in NH for the company located in San Diego.

travelled out there once per quarter for 2 weeks at a time.

Great folks to work with

Lots of training opportunity available.
good organization
ServiceNow Developer (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka23 March 2017
good organization. friendly nature, i learn alot in Tech mahindra limited i was very lucky because my carrier is started with growing tool servicenow.
Not for long term growth
Community Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA17 March 2017
It's a growing company, and the performance based bonuses and benefits are generous. But the top management experiences a lot of churn and people are not looking for long term stay here.
Pros
Benefits and bonuses are very good
Cons
Contractors are not hired for full-time positions
A Good Challenge
Senior Problem Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA1 March 2017
The Overall culture and company are good. They compensate their employees very well. Some management is very good, others were too inexperienced. Over all great company, awesome product.
N/a
Director of Event Marketing, Americas (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA27 February 2017
I elect to not respond to this question. The contract you sign does not allow anyone to say anything about this company.

I would go to other public descriptions of how it is to work at this company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Take the good with the bad.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA12 February 2017
Overall a great company to work for delivering a product to believe in.
Compensation benefits and starting pay is above average however, raises are very rare. Great culture of collaboration and cross training.
The company as a whole supports a work/life balance by offering "unlimited" vacation and opportunities to work remotely. However, middle management always has the final say. Be prepared to work long, hard hours but also to enjoy company sponsored social events.

Corporate politics is very much alive!

Word of advice to middle management: Don't be so focused on the numbers that you lose focus of your employees' needs.
Pros
Great product, social events, benefits and culture.
Cons
Raises are rare. Certain departments might ignore work/life balance needs.
Fast growing Company
Finance (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam12 February 2017
Fast pace environment, growing company, nice people, good compensation package, stocks
Demanding environment, not the best place to have a work/ family life balance (above all if you have kids) as you need to be flexible. Working weekends is considered as normal. The job is the priority, the rest is secondary.
Servicenow employees are nice, talented, motivated and dedicated to achieve their goals.
In term of culture, the Company is performance driven, only results matter. The company has a model hire and fire, so basically they take what they need from you and then move on and…You too.
Pros
Growth, salary
Cons
Work Life balance
Awesome and fun place to work
Associate Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh10 January 2017
Value for every employee in the hierarchy, fun place to work and not to forget the evening snacks were awesome.
Talented co-workers and very understanding management
very educational for first employment
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA26 December 2016
Great work environment, great teammates to work with. I enjoyed servicing the medical environment it made me feel like I made a difference for my clients
Started great but went downhill fast
Director of Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 December 2016
New management have destroyed the company quickly. Sweeping changes without notice, meetings where team members are not looped in until they screw up, as they did not follow policy.

Badly run company now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceNow. Our community is ready to answer.