Settlement Services International

37: Settlement Services International Employee Reviews

Australia37 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

An amazing place to work in

I enjoyed working at SSI, however, there are many programs close down and left people with job insecurity. With other programmes line child protection, there is basically a very low chance that they hire you with no experience

Some good perks

Fortnightly day off and salary sacrifice it was makes the role appealing. There is a lot of grey and unknowns in the role making it difficult to get the job done.

Pros

Fortnightly day off

To get in to SSI either you have to close friend or family member of existing SSI staff.If you don't have arabic speaking friends in SSI you will be left out from the team and very less chances to get productive support.

Pros

Ado

Cons

Extra hours not paid

productive but pressure work setting always due to lack of planning

As team leader, i learned nothing from my manager throughout the duration spent at community.Workplace culture is polarized on senior managers background when there is reduction of staff only those close to managers retained positions.The hardest part of the job is urgent requests even things within management control make work stressful to me is lack of planning from managers .

interesting job

As bilingual guide I learned to work with different people and different culture.it was nice job.I learned different services provided with different organisations in Newcastle.

Rewarding fast paced environment

Working at SSI was challenging and rewarding. My colleagues were fantastic hard workers and I learnt a lot while I was there. Salary is generous for an NGO.

The job was fun

Friendly Staff. fun and easy workplace. I have learned more from Settlement Services International's. I enjoyed going out with the clients. And I get to know more cultures backgrounders.

working in office with different cultures.

working in office to get local experience, dealing with different cultures, working as calling centre with different office works, using a computer to complete the job, make appointments for different activities for refuge.

Excellent

Excellent work culture and work/ life balance. The company is Not-For-Profit and a Charity established to assist Refugees settle in NSW. It also assists the Disability sector and multicultural arts and culture.

Efficiently affecting the many that are in need.

Easy-going work culture with leaders that encourage your efforts to make this city just that little bit better. Never hard work when there are many others to assist you in your tasks.

Good team and nice place

There was no stress, quite and helpful I learned some skills on the computer The manager was encouraging The workplace culture was multiple the hardest part the first day

The work environment iv exciting

I like my current job but i need stable job with more sick leave and other days paid off with noting the cost of living higher than before . I am flexible but i need more stable life.

A culture of team work collaboration and diversity.

A culture of team work collaboration and diversity. Team leaders extremely supportive and skilled. Over all in relation to seating of staff very well organised which provided best personal space for every one.

Proactive place to work

I learn every day a new thing through dealing with people from multicultural backgrounds . The management team support me every time and in every issue and case .

collaborative

Not so stressful, workplace culture is interesting. Dealing with different people from diversity is a little bit hard to understand, especially those who are traumatized.

Great yet crazy experience!

A very social place to work which was great yet challenging in terms of getting work done. Management ( and the whole industry) was a bit erratic and a chaotic environment. At the same time, it was a unique workplace, where many cultures worked together for their clients.

Great working environment

I did my volunteering work at SSI, I must acknowledge the work they do is beyond amazing. It was a fun workplace with great team of people. Hopefully will have the opportunity to actually work there one day.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

No parking!

Productive and fun team work

Settlement service is great place to work. Staff are very friendly and very supportive, great office environment close to the public transport, provide extensive training.

Great company provide opportunities for the volunteer to learn what they doing.

tremendous environment for practicing and learning practical work based on the company background and provide feedback with the required training during the practice.

New Experience

Confined working place with many challenges. Diverse work culture. Management needs to redesign and allocate tasks and duties. Excellent salary packages on offer.

nothing

normal day, 8 hours daily, with administration work and customer services, workplace culture was multi culture , hardest part in the job, when you meet people they have a very good experience but they have not language, so they can not find suitable job.

Pros

nothing

Cons

normal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Settlement Services International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Settlement Services International with