Seyfarth Shaw LLP Employee Reviews

Great hours
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA8 August 2019
Great firm with good benefits but low moral- management does not take the time to remedy the virus within as a result will continue to loose dedicated employees. Deception is prevalent with manipulation. Blacklisted for highlighting concerns. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
No room for advancement
Excellent place to work.
Legal Secregary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC18 July 2019
I enjoyed working at Seyfarth Shaw. The staff are friendly. There’s a gym that can be used before and after work. Great benefits, holidays and pay.
Productive and fun work place
Corporate Administrative Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA1 July 2019
I met and worked with many wonderful people and have maintained my friendships after leaving. My skills and experience were helpful to me in meeting the requirements of my position. I was encouraged to maintain my PLS certification, including travel to educational conferences out of state with airfare and lodging and fees paid by the firm. I was promoted by my immediate bosses to use my skills and learn higher skills to further enhance my professional value. The pay and other compensations were outstanding.
Pros
Free lunches, breakfasts and catered meetings
Cons
Breaks are not included
Productive and fun.
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL27 June 2019
I enjoyed my work there and the management and co-workers. I was happy working at Seyfarth I just got a better offer. I would not be reluctant to work there again if I wanted to work downtown.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 June 2019
The teams are very productive. Everyone work to their full/ best but we still have games in the staff kitchen and have events like trick or treat in the office.
Need Management overhaul
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL27 April 2019
The managers are disconnected to staff. They have several meetings weekly amongst themselves but never speak to staff. You feel completely on your own working there. Never felt supported by management.
Pros
Casual dress everyday.
Cons
Lack of communication.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA19 March 2019
I will be fair and say when I worked there 2001-2006 it went from good to bad and it was all due to the administrator. The admin that everyone feared or disliked was truly the best and she retired and the job was filled by an under qualified secretary with no goals other than to clean house of those employees whom she thought were not people of her liking - or color. Since she too has left I still have not heard anything good about the admin and it’s pretty sad. It could be a good place to work if they would just give the right person the admin role and play nice.
Pros
Staff was fun, benefits (back then) were ok, nice building
Cons
Admin (back then), managing partners, hours and salary.
Fast Paced
Customer Service Representative/Mail Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX4 February 2019
Worked in a mailroom copy center environment. we handled all the mail and copying for the firms layers and secretaries, mail Court runs to various court Houses, to do filings and to pick up documents. Handled all the responsibilities with in the Firm that were handed to us,
Pros
wonderful place to work.
Cons
Very strict Law Firm.
Stable and Room for Growth
Senior Business Immigration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA2 January 2019
There is often not a lot of structure on client teams, so there are great team building and leadership opportunities in the firm. There was not much oversight and management was not very involved in the day-to-day, so there are many opportunities to have an impact on the work.
Very hard to work with a firm that is based outside of New York
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 October 2018
Very hard to work with a firm that is based outside of New York. Learned that I may have been over-qualified for the position. Liked the clients. Clients liked me. Had certain perks, i.e, breakfast on Fridays. Parties. Loved organizing surprises.
Pros
Friday breakfast
Cons
I guess everything trickles down from the top. Not always in a good way.
Typical Large Firm
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY27 August 2018
This is a typical large firm with the politics and favoritism. Compensation is average, work/life balance is average, everything is average. If you want an average experience, this is your place.
Fast-paced deadline driven environment
Senior Business Immigration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA31 July 2018
A typical day for me at Seyfarth is answering client calls, responding to emails form foreign nationals regarding case status, travel and process. I also receive many calls and emails from HR representatives from the companies that we represent regarding new cases, case status, etc. Because most of my day involves account management for multiple high volume accounts, there is little time to prepare cases during the work week. Most of my case work is completed on the weekends which causes little to no work/life balance. I enjoy what I do on a daily basis; however, I have been in a job position that requires 60 hours a week and I can no longer work these types of hours. I would like to work no more than 50 hours a week and know that deadlines are being met and clients are happy with my client service.
Sad place to work...
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 July 2018
Horrible H.R. management. The H.R. department could be a lot better in terms of moral. They just don't care about their employees. If they cared just a little..maybe it will get better.
Enjoyable work place
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Century City, CA28 June 2018
Co-workers kept the atmosphere friendly great energy throughout the firm ...luncheons, Xmas party and after work get togethers all included. Fast paced , but well worth it ! Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Bonuses, 401k, stocks investments
Cons
Vision
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 April 2018
As a staff member, I felt supported and valued. Seyfarth supports and values family and career balance for its employees. Seyfarth is also a great member of our community by supporting its employees charitable efforts.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a
Very relaxed atmosphere
Real Estate Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 March 2018
The people were pretty friendly and easy going. Everyone seemed to get along well. Overall, it is a great firm to work for, but management in the DTLA office was not very good. There was too much favoritism.
Pros
Paid parking. No micromanaging.
Cons
Bonuses were not very good.
Beautiful Office environment
Business Immigration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA27 February 2018
This job was very fast paced and high tech. The pay was good. The hours were long and it would have been better if there had been a better balance between work and personal life.
Productive, yet fun work environment. Extremely innovative firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX10 February 2018
Equality between lower and higher level staff is very clear; communication is open between attorneys and staff; very much a close-team work environment, with great perks and staff appreciation; high-tech and modern; and overall a very great firm to work for.
Pros
Great management
Seyfarth
Labor & Employment Litigation Attorney (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 January 2018
Attorneys are required to appear for work and to complete assigned tasks in their respective cases.

My colleagues were friendly and supportive of each other's work loads and were willing to assist to perform for our clients.
A fun place to work with ping-pong table.
Counsel (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC21 November 2017
This law firm has decent holiday parties and monthly luncheons for staff and attorneys. They typically have luncheons with one chicken entree and choice of salads. All employees are welcome to the monthly luncheons. The deserts are mediocre. The work environment is average. The pressure is also average.
Pros
Ping-pong table available
Cons
strict work hour requirements for staff members