Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,038 reviews
I love Shaw
Heat Set Operator (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GA8 June 2019
The absolute best company I've worked for. The benefits are amazing and the pay is very good , the people there work as a team and you wont be disappointed working for them.
great place
International Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GA2 June 2019
great place the rain in spain falls mainly on the plane now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country more than one way to skin a cat....let me in
Pros
great people
Cons
location
Productive and well paid
Coater offline shear operator (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, GA1 June 2019
Shaw is a well paid company that treat their employees fair.. I would recommend any to work for shaw industries. I am just looking for other opportunities to learn.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Dont really know of any cons
okay
Shipping/Receiving Lead (Current Employee) –  Bryson City, NC30 May 2019
It is an okay place, but there is not one in or within the company that can move up, jobs come open and they are filled with people outside the company and if you are at a age, you will get an email letting you know that you don't qualify for the job that you applied for.
Its a good job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SC29 May 2019
Great job. But long hours. It's hard work but pays good. Great benefits. But you have to work very hard and stay on track. I wish I could get the job back.
Pros
Great pay.
Safety / Training
H.R. Plant Trainer 3rd Shift (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GA24 May 2019
My day was on average dealing with associates on the floor, testing them for next pay level

Creating classes in the LMS system
Teaching Safety Classes
Leading Safety meetings with coordinators
Certifying lift truck operators
Filing paperwork
Data Entry in Excel databases.

There is nothing hard about the job and I enjoyed dealing with the associates on the floor.
Pros
There was no micro-management in my department
Cons
Upper management not letting associates know what going on within the company.
A strong Company Structure
Senior Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GA24 May 2019
Demanding work schedule with multiple projects at once. Weak department leadership of vision and expectations. Marketing is a growing area for this company.
Overall great place to work hate to see it close
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Norris, SC23 May 2019
Normal working conditions anything from fast pace to steady work , team work when needed on big jobs or simple things like lifting. Improve my mechanical skills and shared mine when needed. Learned new things like mig welding and motor to shaft alignment ,worked with vendors and order parts ,keeping supplies available. Good coworkers and management, could ask for opinions and get answers. Some days were very stressful due to demands of keeping plant running efficiently and safely. Best part of my job was the hours 7 am till 3 PM with overtime occasionally ,and less than ten miles from my home .
Pros
Great place to work and good location
Cons
No retirement
Loved it.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TN19 May 2019
Best place to work for the Decatur area. Highly recommend. Staff and do workers are great and it’s a fun environment with coworkers but everyone takes their job seriously and professionally
Na
Na (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SC17 May 2019
Poor management
Lack of communication
Human Resources are very horrible when it comes most stuff
Especially Plant 78 when. They always say one thing and do something different and they have there picks
It’s better then most places
Twisting Operator (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SC17 May 2019
It’s an easy job, most of the people there are nice in the sense that they aren’t trying to learn about your personal life but instead just focus on work. The training there is really good too they don’t just train you for a few hours then throw you to the wolf’s all in all it’s a good place. The only thing that I would say negative is that they don’t have a smoking area so you’re expected to go 8-12 hours without a cigarette and you can’t leave the plant to smoke.
Pros
Pay, training, all ways work
Cons
No smoking sections
work place
Journeyman Painter/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZ14 May 2019
10 hour days 4 to five days a week
how to be a good Forman
sucks
all about safety
the heat
my coworkers make the day and the job a lot more enjoyable
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
heat
market and management sunk us
Driver Spotter (Former Employee) –  Central, SC14 May 2019
market forces, hard wood and cheap poly carpet, forced shaw to close A plant. Management practices made sure it was ours.

if you were a minority and stubbed your toe, 6 months light duty. light duty mainly being sleeping and wandering. in the last ten years we had over 40 people on light duty. once we had 12 at the same time. complaints about light duty people sleeping, resulted in you being sent to the front hall.

promotions and hiring were based solely on affirmative action policies.

common place to promote an individual to a job based on minority standing and then promote a "temp" to do the job for them.

write ups from supervisors on attendance issues were overturned by the front hall for being "mean"

the only way you could get fired from here was by threatening a supervisor or fist fighting... all of which became common.
Pros
no work was expected of you.
Cons
place closed closed down
It's really what you make it you're there for 12 hours and the shifts are swing/rotation shifts
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Plant 6514 May 2019
I would say it's a descent job to have the weekly pay is what keep a lot of people there. Some people have been there since the 80's u only make good money if u work overtime.
Pros
Descent benefits
Cons
Not much room to move up I was there five years never had a chance to move up.
Creeler/Backwinder operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GA12 May 2019
Good company with a great supervisor. Room for growth and advancement. Decent pay and benefits. Relaxed environment with a friendly appeal. I miss it.
Pros
Good supervision, benefits, pay
Cons
Night shift hours
Interesting Place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GA12 May 2019
There are opportunities to learn new things and improve on skills. The management needs to improve on being leaders because they rely on word of mouth rather than investigating themselves.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Bad management
Plant closed.
Lead Supply Room Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Central, SC11 May 2019
I spent 26 years of my life at that site. I had planned to retire from there, but the Plant is shutting down June 30, 2019. I gained a lot of skills and knowledge over the last 26 years. I will miss everyone and wish them the best.
Thought I’d stay forever
Held many positions (Former Employee) –  Shaw/ queen6 May 2019
I loved Shaw when I started. I work serveral departments. Anywhere from customer service. Samples, installation when they had the design centers. We all pitch in for the receptionists. Also work back order department and made sure all back orders were filled. It was ok while it lasted, remember I said ok. Too many back stabers that includes Managment and supervisors. Working with sales force , all the guys were professional and good looking , most from the south. I was laid off twice not a clue in sight just sorry thank you fir all your years with Shaw. Be careful try to mind your own business. Trust no one.
Pros
Pretty good pay
Cons
Too many lay iffs
Excellent place to work I loved it
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC28 April 2019
Shaw was a great place to work. Great benefits 401k and matched 401k. You work half the month and you off half the month. You get a full seven days off.
Pros
Cons
Point system and rotating shifts.
Shaw
Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Central, SC27 April 2019
Shaw was a good place to work other then when we were told of the closer of the plant.

Management was great they would work with you if you needed time off.