Sheike
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sheike Employee Reviews

Australia14 reviews
A typical day at work would comprise of building a strong connection with customers, styling them and making sure the store looks presentable at all times.
it was fun and took me out of my comfort zone, gave me skills i can take with me to the future, felt very welcomed and learnt how to create a good customer relationship
Love working for the company, all employees have the same view which makes the working environment efficient and fun. Great benefits and management always look forward to going to work.
I did not enjoy my experience at sheike. I was hired as a casual stylist for the store that was opening in my local area. The management was awful and there was no level of professionalism what so ever. My manager targeted me throughout my whole employment and made my work life horrible. This was my first retail job and I was never once given any guidance, I was only ever criticised if I made a mistake.
No shifts given, no communication. I am unsure of my employee status and was only given 8 shifts total from when I commenced in October of 2019. Managers were changed and I was also not notified.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Contract terminated with zero notice a couple days before Xmas. I was told by my regional manager I was too invested in the store. Received no support in terms of managerial decisions. I would never work for this company and would never recommend anybody to work for them
Sheike culture is the worst I have ever experienced. Area management is so unprofessional and love to gossip. There is absolutely no room for growth this is a lie they will tell you. No support just threats and demands.
The product is lovely but not worth the stress of working for such a terribly managed company
Pros
staff discount and loyal customers
Cons
Everything else
I had the pleasure to work with a lovely design team for 2 months! I helped them with their design work and spec. Day to day work included fabric sourcing, spec sheets, designing for new collection, trend research, filing.
I really enjoyed working at Sheike, I was there for almost 5 years.
If you work hard you are rewarded with hours on the roster.

I've made lifelong friends!
no room to improve or expand, management was cruel and favoured workers rather than give deserved hours to high performing employees. The environment was very cynical, with lots of gossiping evident and when brought up with management was ignored.
They have the most beautiful product with the worst culture of positively managing performance, all driven from the owner of the business and the poor choices he makes in employing senior management.
You are told to illegally manage people from the business with no genuine reason, otherwise your own job is on the line.

Beware of this one, a lot of empty promises and high turnover.

All area managers are so distrusted, there is no access to reporting, and you are called to ask what route you took to another store if they think you took too long.

No structure in training
Pros
Beautiful product
Cons
Everything else
Sheike is a nice place to work in, nice people and nice environment. I really enjoy working there and I feel that I have learned a lot since I start working there. There are some point in which they can improve but in general is nice employer
Cons
no job security no stability since the nature of the job is casual
A typical day at Sheike involved organising new stock, making sure the store was always presentable for customers and greeting new faces, making sure their needs were always met. The hardest part of the job was not have a regional or store manager at the time, this meant most of the girls had to rely on each other for help without having someone above us to help with any problems. This was also good as it made my colleagues and I develop great independence in the workplace. The most rewarding part of the job was making someone smile when they find the perfect dress for an event and feel like a million dollars.
A typical day at work would be full of energy and lots of smiles. it was an absolute pleasure working with sheike as nearly everyone who walked into the store were amazing wonderful customers plus the employees. i learned heaps about visual merchandising as that was my main role, and also styling. Co workers were a blast to work with and were all so amazing, always pushing me to the best that i can do. i honestly found nothing hard nor troubling working at sheike as i loved and enjoyed everything that i did. The most enjoyable part of my job was the styling, i was styling customers like crazy! they all loved my sense of style and walked out with the biggest smile on their face. my main goal was for a customer to be satisfied when walking out of the store and i achieved that 99% of the time.
Pros
amazing customers
Cons
hardly any breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheike. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5