Shell
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Shell Employee Reviews

Australia63 reviews
I enjoyed my time, learned new things.I visited many different sites for auditing reasons. Travel was great, but away to long at times. Management had a skewed view of how things could be done. When pushed, line managers admitted that they had never done field work in remote areas.
Pros
Technical aspect
Cons
Away time
Honestly don’t believe the management had any clue on what they were doing, nothing ever worked out, rosters never stuck, there were also managers who clearly showed favouritism towards younger girls, People were nasty causes problems and fights in front of customers. No one are aloud breaks and you’re working 7 and a 1/2 hour shifts if no ones showing up for the next shift we’ll even longer.
I want to be a part of more professional and good company whom can give me a competitive rate because I am hardworking and reliable as well give my 100℅ in every task
Great Job and company to work for would recommend any one that is looking for work to apply. Very people focused and a leader of the energy sector. Would work for them again for sure.
An excellent employer to work with,I like the Shell culture overall. If given a chance i will choose Shell again.HSSE is followed very strictly, you will find it difficult to speak to anyone in the leadership team and share your ideas.
Pros
One team Culture, Salary, Relaxed work environment
Cons
Limited business travel
Very toxic environment, I was told to wait for 4years at least for promotion. Pay is average, I was over qualified for the job, office politics were horrible.
It gives amazing opportunity to enhance your knowledge, skills and other basic day life opportunities. You get learn new concepts of your business life and get through the problem solving skills as well.
Good working conditions, flexible with lifestyle, good workplace culture. Management is hard working and communicates with staff and customers.
Work includes re-stocking, cleaning and customer service
Great job excellent people to work with its loved the work life balance friday Saturday and sund nights were very busy after the night clubs closed as we were the only shope open that sold pie and other hot food a shame it's been taken over by coles
Pros
Career advacement
Cons
Got to travel and relieve managers at different stores
Before the change of the upper management, things were soo good since new guys have come in this wonderful place have turned into a total nightmare. Every employee is leaving this place because of them.
Underpaid: operators are paid less than minimum wage and far less than award wage. wouldn't hand over payslips when asked. lack of staffing meant that you would frequently work more than would be required. Wouldnt be an issue if they paid correctly for it.
A fantastic office location, close to public transport and hop across the road to be in the central CBD. Clean tidy and security conscious. There is also a huge selection of cafes, lunch bars and restaurants and a GYM outside with areas inside Shell building providing beautiful lunch or hang out areas or for some peace and quiet times
Pros
Coffee machine and views
Cons
mmmm...maybe the aircon could be cooler in summer months
Too heavily micromanaged but great work oppotrtunities. Team was young but high energy and motivated and a pleasure to work with. Only limiting factor was a lack of operational activities.
amazing interaction with colleagues and customers.
On a typical day I would be learning how to improve plant machinery performance. The management style at Shell allows for advancement and self improvement.

There is a great work/lifestyle balance.
Pros
network
Cons
deadlines
Was there 18 months and was a good place and good project to work on with lots to learn and do. Found the place a good place to learn about big projects and work with personnel accross multiple disciplines.
Pros
Busy, Proactive, Friendly staff
Cons
Contract not permanent work.
Like all marketing oil companies Shell is trying to get out of the downstream area. The company was losing interest in that area when I was there. The people in the downstream area were trying to maintain a business that the company was allowing to pass away.
Pros
Nice office in good location
Cons
Nonsense culture
I love the way they treat employees and taking care I enjoyed working with them. and it was best management and every week there will be a meeting where I can know my mistakes and work properly.
enjoyed my journey but was time to move on. Great oportunities available for staff to move around within the company & travel
Employee work life balance important
when the store is not opened on time due to some trouble with the car. i have learned many things like how to deal with the customers. the management is very important if we are not available for the shift we should inform to the manager before a day
Pros
salary
Cons
continous shifts
One of three service stations in town. The only one for hundreds of kilometres that will pump your fuel for you. The boss, Minal, is a wonderful man. Very kind and very friendly.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Quiet
The Shell is an easy place to work and since you work on your own you have a lot of freedom. It gets extremely boring at times, and you rarely get the chance to communicate with management/staff members.