Show Support
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Show Support: 12 Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Great way to get a start in the industry

Things have changed a bit at the moment but you will work very hard and at all sorts of crazy hours for not a lot of pay. But it is an awesome industry with great people who get stuck into their work. Show support is a great networking opportunity and learning experience for anyone wanting to get into the industry.It's best living close to sydney as minimum call times are 3 hours and you may get several of these a day.

Ok for a short time

Quite a depressing environment. The unskilled labourers are treated poorly. Safety precautions are only very lightly observed. Would often ask me to 'stay back' after I had already completed an allocated shift and expect me to work an extra 2-4 hours at times.

Different Site locations

This is on call casual employment. The job is excellent when the work is available however the work isn't always available, some weeks there is no work.

Great work

Management & staff are great to work for & with. Always going to different locations for different clients every shift. Great bunch of work mates & have made friends while working there too.

productive place to be always on you feet

I have Learnt ALOT which I didn't know I could do but there's just too many (Chiefs) that tell you what you can & cannot do and you don't know who to Answer to... Ive met a lot of new friends through show support however since been bullied by one of the "Staff" Crew who was a Manager at the time I had to leave because he had Threatened me which was a shame I had to leave when I was Enjoying working for show support.. I would go back to show support but I have never been Contacted back...

Mixed

Good and consistent while there is work with a solid core team ,it is seasonal work though so for a large amounts of time during the year you may get no offers

Good workers

Bunch of good people with good intentions but living in Wollongong I don't get shifts often, only get told of shifts a few hours before. ...........................

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Not enough time before asking us to work

energy zapping

hard work, relatively supportive crews, although some management on site can diminish your self worth with non constructive critisism. Very physically demanding, not for the faint hearted or anyone who likes 'normal' hours. hard job to have if u are part of a couple.

Productive workplace with a variety of different aspects of the entertainment industry to learn.

Great company, Excellent staff and ongoing employment. Have learnt alot about the industry and the entertainment culture and the management is of the highest standards. Expect to learn new things on every call out.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

I enjoyed my time working with the company. Meet interesting people and do interesting shows.

I didn't work much for them. Maybe 20 times over a couple of years. Was not always available and being on call can be a hassle. Other than that they were a great company to work for.

Has to be a productive environment as the work is precise.

The work I do varies from job to job. Key factor in in working is knowing what the client wants for the job on the day. As there are usually time frames in which you have to work to ensure the event is done to schedule.

Great place to get a wide range of experience in Entertainment Production

This was a wonderful way to experience Sydney Australia. Each job involved travel to different venues for any range of tasks from stocking and organization, loading and unloading heavy equipment, all the way to calibrating and set-up of light and speaker systems. I gained experience with a wide range of equipment and found the whole experience enjoyable except hanging curtains. Curtains for shows are incredibly heavy and dusty. Evening hours were paid at an increases rate of $29 per hour and time and half on Sunday shifts.

Pros

flexible schedules, amazing pay

Cons

off season has little to no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Show Support. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

• Show Support
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?