Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 8,552 reviews
Large company with a lot of politics
PROPOSALS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 March 2019
Large company with a lot of politics however some parts of the business has very good management and employees thrive. Other parts have poor management who get promoted on who they know and not skills which does not create good working environments for hard working employees
fun place to work
Detailer on a 3D computer (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD 406418 January 2019
Great work culture. Have to work hard to meet deadlines. Head down and bum up. Then pub time afterwards with whoever wants to go. Loved working here. Easy going enjoyable place to work.
OK but could improve
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bundoora VIC6 June 2018
Grate reputation but the systems have room for improvement. Pay is average If you can put up with some internal politics I would say it is OK place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
as above
Good pay with some room to grow
Technical Writer (Document Controller) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 May 2018
Good pay and fringe benefits, such as salary packaging, free phone, and stock ownership. Had a good working relationship with my manager. Overall a good place to work.
empresa siemens
Técnico de manutenção (Former Employee) –  New South Wales17 April 2018
Empresa muito boa de se trabalhar, só podia da mais valor no funcionário
Fun place to work
Project Logistics Professional (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC6 February 2018
Great company to work for good environment and great people. Great canteen long hours.Good salary ,flexible.fun interesting challenging, I would return to work there if te opportunity arose
Apprenticeship
Sheetmetal Tradesman Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC14 November 2017
Just left school to start my working career
Attending trade school to learn my trade
Ability to read plans and constructed metal equipment
Ability to learn my trade from others
Depends on your position
Marketing Coordinator and Analyst, Energy Sector (Current Employee) –  Bayswater VIC27 October 2017
Like any place, has it's good and bad. Mainly commercial and technical focused. Anything outside that is difficult.
The ability to move within organisation is an advantage
Pros
local, pays well
Cons
work life balance
Great work life balance
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC26 October 2017
Great work life balance, great culture, training provided, Good eastern suburb location. Uses SAP, great mentoring and coaching provided. Rotation of roles provided
Financial team lead (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 October 2017
Career advancement, rotation of roles, work life balance, good training provided, great work culture. Good place to work in the eastern suburb. Uses SAP .
Not a great place to work in
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 September 2017
With most of the German staff speaking in German, the rest of the staff feel being left out.

The good side is that this company encourages staff to improve by taking the on line web base courses.
Pros
Encourage staff to improve by providing on line web base courses
Cons
Speaking German openly in office environment
Not a great company to work for
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 September 2017
This company (specifically in my Division), Management projects a very negative image to the staff. One of the examples is the Management staff seconded from Germany to Australia constantly speak in German among the German staff in the office. This makes other non German speaking staff feel left out.

On the other hand, this company does encourage the staff to continuously improve our skills by providing on line web base training.

Overall this company is not a great place to work with
Pros
On line web base training provided
Cons
The environment feels like we are in Germany instead of Australia
A good place to work at
Instrument & Control, Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 August 2017
The company is good in general, people are friendly and attentive.
Not much benefits working here. Salary is stagnant. Good immediate supervisor. Not much room for career development.
Pros
Flexible working overs
Cons
Salary in not attractive
Enjoyable time with this company
Electrical Technician / Testing Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW7 July 2017
Enjoyable, highly interesting and challengin job from day to day with pleasant working atmosphere, also creating the best possible platform for learning purposes with total commitment.
Excellent company
QA / Process worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC5 June 2017
Full of interesting things to do for the day

I have learned to repair electronic equipment

Management is great

Work place is clean and not very noisy

Hardest part of the job is to find the fault in the equipment but the supervisor is always there to help

Most enjoyable part is to fix the faults
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Okay management but no advancements
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 May 2017
The typical days for is 9 to 5. I have learnt alot of processes at Siemens, the management is fair and the workplace culture is okay. The job is just hard when working on a tight budget. The most enjoyable part of the job is team yearly team and family events. You can experience large scale projects here.
Pros
Provides alot of training
Cons
No Advancements
Very Productive Workplace
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD15 May 2017
Relaxed, Friendly but intimidating Work Environment
Poor Management when it comes to part shortages to build the product,resolving workplace issues relating to OH&S & employee conduct within the workplace.
Good flexibility within the workplace.
Good working hours
Enjoyed listening to the radio while you work
Pros
Monthly "pizza meetings"
Cons
Always a spares shortage!
Productive work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 April 2017
Design and implement the latest technolgies in PCM30 typw of equipment, Generous payout foe woking after hours oe weekends.
Implement and test the latest technologieses,
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
You were left to your on devices, not so much techinical support
Good company over all
Customer Representative & Applications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bayswater VIC20 March 2017
Typical day was about 30+ calls on average from customers and apps staff while working on other tasks in-between calls.
I learnt how to use SAP during my time at Siemens.
There were some great managers and some not so great managers in my time at the company, our managers changed several times during my employment.
The culture in my most recent department had some positives and some negatives, positives were that on non national public holidays we would get treated to lunch by out manager because we were required to work still due to providing national support and on occasion they would treat us to coffee or hot chocolate from the cafe onsite.
For me, the most challenging part of the job was the customer calls, it was a challenge to have to put what you were doing on hold every time the phone rang and then recalling where you were up to or what you were doing when you finished the call.
My favourite part of my role was working with the applications staff, they were such a pleasure to speak with and I always enjoyed helping them with logging their jobs or doing the weekly reports for them.
Large scale projects
Tender Engineer (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW20 February 2017
As tender engineer engages with many subcontractors to develop large tender documents. Mostly compiling reports and documentation with many revisions of documents and communicating with sub contractors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K