Siemens AG
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Siemens AG:

Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Australia48 reviews
I found my time at Siemens for the most part to be very enjoyable, ever changing, fast paced and accountability. Until we had a change in CEO things were good, then there was a huge Culture Shift and Silos were formed.
Pros
Conferences - interstate, Social Functions
Cons
Bad Culture created by CEO
Fairly relaxed place to work with moments of fast flowing work with fair management, good working hours, great smoko room, health and safety conscious with great leading hands.
Working here is a very good place. The work is demanding and busy but not too difficult. A very friendly environment where it is very easy to get help.
Pros
+ Great salary package.

+ Very nice and humble people to work with.

+ Work life balance.

+ Plenty of training is provided.

Cons

- I worked for Siemens BT (Building Technology) and they were still working on a product they created two decades ago. Out dated and dying out fast.

- Siemens BT head quarter (Zurich) treats low and look down upon Sydney team.

- Siemens BT sold their hardware department and headquarter is not happy of Sydney team and thus constantly creates obstacles for them.
Good company to work with
Very good Engineering team

Opportunity to learn new technology and opportunity go to sites and meet new people also can see the siemens systems installed
This relates to my time in Perth, Western Australia.
Definitely need to be self motivated if on service as most of the sites are manned with on site engineers so all the mechanical was taken care of.

Some migration project works used different working solutions than Siemens in Norway/Europe. No middle management and very little senior management input during my time in Perth but the office ran very smoothly, work schedules etc were on time, with the occasional work social events,.

I would say that the work ethic is good, some days you are working alone paired with learning new products, routines and expectations being the most difficult part of the job.

The satisfaction of completing projects probably attributed to making the job enjoyable but most of all was working with some very good and like minded Engineers, although the social events were good fun too!!
Siemens provided the ability to work remotely and autonomously. Hardest part of the job was the delay in obtaining orders from customers due to project delays. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to deliver customer orders on or ahead of schedule. The workplace culture and management were very supportive to their employees from both a work and personal perspective.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Lots of after hours work in family time.
Like every job it is what you make it. I made this job great and it provided a great return. World class organization, superior products and brilliant Engineers...cool clients too!
Pros
Total compensation and world class co-workers
Cons
None from my perspective. Patience is a virtue in all aspects of life.
Management have a finger pointing attitude, and blame culture which in turn as negative effect on the work force. Work entailed a lot of hand cleaning, and little technical work. Also required to drive forklift, rigging/dogging use crane and on occasion do stores!
Pros
free fruit, milk coffee etc
Cons
management bullying workers
Large company with a lot of politics however some parts of the business has very good management and employees thrive. Other parts have poor management who get promoted on who they know and not skills which does not create good working environments for hard working employees
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Siemens AG?
Great work culture. Have to work hard to meet deadlines. Head down and bum up. Then pub time afterwards with whoever wants to go. Loved working here. Easy going enjoyable place to work.
Grate reputation but the systems have room for improvement. Pay is average If you can put up with some internal politics I would say it is OK place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
as above
Good pay and fringe benefits, such as salary packaging, free phone, and stock ownership. Had a good working relationship with my manager. Overall a good place to work.
Empresa muito boa de se trabalhar, só podia da mais valor no funcionário
Great company to work for good environment and great people. Great canteen long hours.Good salary ,flexible.fun interesting challenging, I would return to work there if te opportunity arose
Just left school to start my working career
Attending trade school to learn my trade

Ability to read plans and constructed metal equipment

Ability to learn my trade from others
Like any place, has it's good and bad. Mainly commercial and technical focused. Anything outside that is difficult.
The ability to move within organisation is an advantage
Pros
local, pays well
Cons
work life balance
Great work life balance, great culture, training provided, Good eastern suburb location. Uses SAP, great mentoring and coaching provided. Rotation of roles provided
Career advancement, rotation of roles, work life balance, good training provided, great work culture. Good place to work in the eastern suburb. Uses SAP .
With most of the German staff speaking in German, the rest of the staff feel being left out.

The good side is that this company encourages staff to improve by taking the on line web base courses.
Pros
Encourage staff to improve by providing on line web base courses
Cons
Speaking German openly in office environment
This company (specifically in my Division), Management projects a very negative image to the staff. One of the examples is the Management staff seconded from Germany to Australia constantly speak in German among the German staff in the office. This makes other non German speaking staff feel left out.

On the other hand, this company does encourage the staff to continuously improve our skills by providing on line web base training.

Overall this company is not a great place to work with
Pros
On line web base training provided
Cons
The environment feels like we are in Germany instead of Australia