Siemens AG Management reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 8,641 reviews
Good safety culture
Turbine Maintenance Fitter (Former Employee) –  Clovelly Park SA28 April 2019
Management have a finger pointing attitude, and blame culture which in turn as negative effect on the work force. Work entailed a lot of hand cleaning, and little technical work. Also required to drive forklift, rigging/dogging use crane and on occasion do stores!
Pros
free fruit, milk coffee etc
Cons
management bullying workers
Large company with a lot of politics
PROPOSALS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 March 2019
Large company with a lot of politics however some parts of the business has very good management and employees thrive. Other parts have poor management who get promoted on who they know and not skills which does not create good working environments for hard working employees
Not a great company to work for
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 September 2017
This company (specifically in my Division), Management projects a very negative image to the staff. One of the examples is the Management staff seconded from Germany to Australia constantly speak in German among the German staff in the office. This makes other non German speaking staff feel left out.

On the other hand, this company does encourage the staff to continuously improve our skills by providing on line web base training.

Overall this company is not a great place to work with
Pros
On line web base training provided
Cons
The environment feels like we are in Germany instead of Australia
Excellent company
QA / Process worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC5 June 2017
Full of interesting things to do for the day

I have learned to repair electronic equipment

Management is great

Work place is clean and not very noisy

Hardest part of the job is to find the fault in the equipment but the supervisor is always there to help

Most enjoyable part is to fix the faults
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Okay management but no advancements
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 May 2017
The typical days for is 9 to 5. I have learnt alot of processes at Siemens, the management is fair and the workplace culture is okay. The job is just hard when working on a tight budget. The most enjoyable part of the job is team yearly team and family events. You can experience large scale projects here.
Pros
Provides alot of training
Cons
No Advancements
Very Productive Workplace
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD15 May 2017
Relaxed, Friendly but intimidating Work Environment
Poor Management when it comes to part shortages to build the product,resolving workplace issues relating to OH&S & employee conduct within the workplace.
Good flexibility within the workplace.
Good working hours
Enjoyed listening to the radio while you work
Pros
Monthly "pizza meetings"
Cons
Always a spares shortage!
Proactive soccer and basket ball courts wild life and cafetera
Order Management Delivery Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC8 December 2016
Each day was challenging and fast passed. I learnt that it was rewarding meeting deadlines and customer satisfaction. Management where very understanding and willing to listen to any improvements that were suggested and were very encouraging to let us have our say. The hardest part of the job I would say was watching my colleges at times become very stressed and tired as the work load was very intense and busy on occasions. The most enjoying times were the team and Management having a laugh to lighten the stressful days.
Pros
International food day
Cons
a bit stressful at times
Siemens
Site Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC28 September 2016
Good company providing management support and varied and interesting projects.
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and integrate control systems to various 3rd party companies.
Pros
Mature Business model
Pay was very competative
Commissioning Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarina QLD31 May 2016
Found the hours I had to work vs the hours expected of me to work were vastly different.This all changed once the situation had been reviewed.
Found that a large percentage of people who were advanced to management,should have not been.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Too much in-fighting
Alarm management technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  770 Blackburn road, Clayton22 February 2016
Work was for Telstra as a sub contractor. the work was interesting and challenging and rewarding. no two days were ever the same. I enjoyed the nature of the work and the people I worked with .I learnt alot of new things and various ways of performing daily activities. I developed as an individual and a team member in the environment. There were many difficult aspects of the job, quite often working with reduced resources while still adhering to KPIs and SLAs and following processes and procedures exactly; these tasks helped tp improve my time management skills and overall throughput and efficiency.As job became more difficult i became more focused and target oriented and learned to undertake and complete tasks quicker and more efficiently.The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was challenging and that the people worked together to help each other, colleagues willingly passed on their knowledge and were empathetic to their colleagues.
They expect a lot from their employees
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA12 October 2015
Communication is bad and they expect you to work hard and at the end of the day they make you redundant. Every division is on its own and there is not really a feeling of one company, one team.
Pros
Discount on Bosch appliances
Cons
Long hours, bad pay and management doesn't really show they care
I am a very satisfied member of the Siemens Power Generation team.
Senior Warranty Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bayswater, N17 November 2014
Due to a severe reduction in new Siemens power generation projects my ongoing workload will be reduced to 2 - 3 days per week.

Warranty Defect resolution with vendors includes project management and often direct site management incorporating the significant Occupational, Health & Safety processes between the clients and various subcontractors to implement corrective actions.

Work with clients involves defect documentation management, technical troubleshooting and resolution. Significant reporting of technical and commercial contract issues is an essential component of the role with Siemens management and subcontractors, in various areas of the world.

This warranty role involves significant interaction with Siemens Europe project management personnel, designers, commercial personnel, and the Siemens IT department to resolve a significant number of Warranty technical issues involving all aspects of the Power Stations.

The work with Siemens vendors includes significant contractual and commercial interaction as well as technical fault / defect analysis, negotiation and resolution. A major challenge with defect rectification is access to equipment / systems on continuously operating Power Stations / Transmission lines.
Pros
Satisfaction in resolving complex technical issues.
Cons
The length of time it can take to get resolution in long standing complex technical issues.
Great work life balance
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Perth Australia21 October 2014
My typical day at work would involve management of a team of engineers. I could be booking jobs or travel, submitting expenses, ordering of parts, booking courses. My day would be varied depending on the day.

There was a great work life balance, and my co workers and manager made it a fun place to work.

The hardest part of the job was learning the new systems. This also made this enjoyable as it gave me a challenge to push my abilitys.
Pros
Meeting a great team of co workers
Very difficult work environment
Cables Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, N9 April 2014
Responsible for the day to day work load of Electrical Fitters, Cable Jointers and Test Technicians.
Learned to use Siemens computer system IFS.
Management were remote (Auckland) and made decisions that didn't work in the Wellington region. It was very difficult trying to change these things.
Very good co-workers great team spirit.
Pros
Very good co-workers great team spirit
Cons
Traveling to Auckland for meetings
Family orientated company. Caring and enjoyable
Sales Order Clerk,Client Svcs Mgr,Materials Plnr (Former Employee) –  Doncaster & Bayswater VIC14 November 2013
I had three different positions with Siemens. Commencing with Sales Order Clerk, Client Services Manager and then Materials Planner. I enjoyed all three positions. Learned three different computer systems. Distrib, Navision & SAP. On the integration teams for Navision and SAP. Co-workers were friendly and fun to get on with. Management very caring and helpful.
Sales order clerk - Bio-Mediq
Entering of orders into system. Liaising with warehouse. Stocktakes. Dealing with customers over the phone. Assisting company consultants with order/availability of stock enquiries.
Client Services manager - Bio Mediq
Purchasing of stock from overseas. Los Angeles and Wales. Import/Export Documentation. Overseeing four staff members. Stocktakes. Organising transport, air/road.
Materials Planner
Similar to Client services manager position. Siemens took over Bio-Mediq and my role slightly changed.
this was the best.. Mix of the old and the new
Design Engineer, Test Design Development (Former Employee) –  Silverwater, NSW, Australia1 May 2013
The company is gone now.
we had 600 people, 400 production and 200 R&D, sales and management.
we had turnover of about $90mil..
Pros
Realistic budgets, good staff