SIGMA DESIGN Employee Reviews

Excellent company values and diverse workplace
Cabling Coordinator/Cabling Lead/ Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA3 June 2019
Sigma Design is a once in a lifetime experience. The company is owner run and has fantastic company values. The company is led by example and the dynamics are exhilarating. I can't speak highly enough of them. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Do read all of the reviews.
General Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Seattle area31 May 2019
Managers are too young and the pressure in from of the on site customer is overwhelming. If you do take a job here keep a backup plan in place. DO NOT move or relocate to work here. Direction and management is lacking. Yes they have money BUT if you are not happy what the heck are you doing to your self?

Do read the job description, make sure it is the work you are being asked to do.

I did hear of an engineering tech job was nothing but an assembly position and the work instructions changed so much in a few weeks that it was sure to confuse you.
Pros
Leaving to find a better run work place
Cons
Not reading reviews and having a backup plan
very good place to work nice out side view on breaks
Operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MI10 October 2018
the work place is clean hands down but some supervisors have there days nice breaks good equipment new there making a new side looks pretty descent i learned to work cncs visually
Pros
some days food trucks
Cons
not very good breaks or tie to ea lunch
I learned alot about people
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA11 September 2018
It started cool but got weird as the various fiefdoms evolved. Science and excessive management seem to trump common sense.

Still a very good company. I've seen some of their competition up close. Most of them are clowns.
Good company bad site
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver wa23 August 2018
Sigma was great but working at the HP site was a nightmare. IT didn't help when the brought in an adversarial site manager. HP always made it seem like we were never good enough. We did the job of a mid level tech barely getting minimum wage pay. Site manager did not come off as accepting of LGBT issues when asked for help with said issues.
Pros
Good sigma culte
Cons
Horrible HP culture
Awesome place to work!
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Camas, WA20 August 2018
Sigma design was a place I never got tired of. Everyday was fun. Very friendly coworkers that were always willing to help out. If you worked on day shift you could come in as early as you wanted to as long as you were productive. Some came in as early as 4am or as late as 8:30 am. Really flexible and relaxed. Not super high pressure.
Pros
Flexibility and core values
Cons
Stressful work environment with constant change
WA - Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 August 2018
The work itself was mundane and mind-numbing. Not a lot of room for growth if you don't have a bachelors. Despite the job being extremely mundane, it is served with a lot of stress from micro-management
Pros
Free lunches, Pto, Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, micro-managing, low advancement opportunity
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA30 June 2018
Job is steady, however does not pay at a level consistent with the tasks required. Will not advance if you do not have a degree. Experience does not translate to advancement.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
No advancement
Fun work place. With great people and great benefits
Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA9 June 2018
I enjoyed working here. But I wished we got more rewarded like a raise. But other then that the place is amazing to work at. This was the only work place where I felt safe! There was no tolerance to harassment or sexual harassment. They took it very seriously compared to my other jobs previously!! It made me feel like they cared. The parties are fun and family friendly.
Great place to work and great people to work with!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camas, WA13 March 2018
I have worked for this company on and off for the last 5+ years on a contract basis and I am very pleased with the experiences I've had here. Since the time I was brought in through a third party hiring company, I have always felt like I am a part of the Sigma Design family. My superiors have always been approachable and even those not in my department are eager to help. There are many different events and things that really make the company feel like a close-knit family rather than a group of people merely working together. In my position I have a lot of variety in the work that I do which makes my days interesting and far from monotonous.
Pros
Friendly people, Comfortable work environment
Productive and fun work environment
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA12 March 2018
Sigma Design was the best employer that I have worked for. The work environment is productive and the co-workers are helpful. The workplace culture is enjoyable.
Great place to make a career!
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Camas, WA28 February 2018
Coming up on 3 years of employment with Sigma, all I can say is that I wish I would have hired on sooner. The company culture is just what they tell you, from the get go I have felt as though they were a family. Being a consulting firm, there is always a pretty decent variety of work coming through. Opportunity for advancement is there if you want it and put forth the effort to obtain it. While you are expected to perform and excel, there is still some emphasis on taking time to laugh. The fact that I can get up every morning and be obnoxiously cheery instead of dreading the upcoming work day is pretty huge.
Pros
Great culture, great people
Cons
None, despite claims of expensive family healthcare, I find it pretty competitive with plans from past employers.
Great Team!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Camas, WA23 February 2018
Great company with a very positive culture that values work life balance. In most positions there is significant room for growth, especially as the company continues to grow at the rate that it is. The only con I can think of is that benefits are excellent if you don't have dependents but if you have to add your spouse or children to your plan it can be pretty expensive.
Pros
work life balance, culture, fun place to work
Cons
lack of diverse benefits plan
A Job you enhoy comming to
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA16 February 2018
Work environment is collaborative and team oriented. With a large variety of tasks to work on each day fly's by and next thing you know its time to go home. Managers are invested in personal growth for employees and wants to assist in career development.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Medical Benefits are expensive for the Family
Stressful & underpaid
Mechanical Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA4 December 2017
Expect 10+ hour days with bad communication from co-workers & management in a competitive / cut-throat consulting office. Managers do not straight talk & often give diametrically opposed information from other managers (you will have at least 3 bosses). This is a staffing house / consulting office that charges $100-$150 an hour for your work to others so you can imagine what those companies expect rom you... It felt like people were running around just trying to survive... also there are only single stall bathrooms that all face your coworkers so that everyone knows how long you're in the restroom. I had a manager ask: "Where were you the last 10 minutes?", my response: "in the restroom". I didn't go through engineering school for that type of work environment. Look elsewhere.
Pros
A few free lunches
Best working atmosphere
Cabling Shop Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA15 October 2017
If you're looking for a place that has an excellent workplace culture and a wide variety of work. This is the place. You will love it here. This company has exploded in the last couple of years and looks to be going no where but up. I recommend it!
Pros
Work place atmosphere, ethics, satisfaction
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA29 September 2017
Great management, great culture but still works like a contracting company. You really do feel valued when working for Sigma, and the core values are actually upheld. Plus CEO is a great guy!
Pros
Core values
Cons
Contracting
Fun and awesome group to work with
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA12 September 2017
Fun loving work environment.
Feels like family
I was taught lots of leading roles and broadening my horizons.
Trying new things.
Management was very awesome and was always trying to improve our work environment.
Amazing heath care.
The hardest part of the job would have to be, when we had to much down time. Didn't know what to do or didn't have anything to do.
I enjoyed just about everything about this job.
Amazing team, fun, loving, & caring.
Friday evening theirs always an event somewhere. Where all work employees can gather. Meet new people, talk, drink, eat, and just have a good time.
And the Summer and Holiday parties where awesome!!
Over all just a great place to work.
poor Management
Senior Electrical Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA3 June 2017
Was hired as an electrical engineering technician. The job was for a well known industry client. Wasn't told the exact duties because of "confidentiality". Turned out that the job had nothing to do with electrical OR engineering.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Fun place to work
Lead Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA19 July 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Sigma Design. It was a family atmosphere feeling. Working hard was actually a good hard days work there. Made close friends and managers were very helpful and wanted you to learn about the company.