Silk Hospitality
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silk Hospitality Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Silk Hospitality is a great place to work. The team there are excellent set of people. The management take well care of the staff and their work health and safety. I would always like to work at Silk Hospitality.
Management do nothing but sit in the office and when a mistake happens because of them they will blame otherPay at most hotels is per room not perhour
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
The absolute feeling of depression working for lazy liars.
I have found in Silk a great place to work with the opportunity to join a wonderful community of likeminded individuals. Going to work is something I now look forward to every morning now.
Pros
Career Opportunities
Cons
friendly staff, great executive manager, great parking, nice scenery. cons : linen is constantly an issue having insufficient supply to carry out work and lack of quality in supply to make deadlines.
Inexperienced, unprofessional and unqualified people holding key positions makes it very hard to work. Executive hsk manager is good and very helpful.
Pros
Supportive executive housekeeping manager
Silk management. No organisation skills. Cheap hotel clean. Quantity against quality.less exp staff. Time sacrificed for poor work.big staff turnover.
Silk at crown is ruining quality of hotel & employee productivity. Management deflect concerns and u dont feel supported. Only care about saving money
Cons
Non productive work environment, Poor management-people on a power trip, Don't pay you for your full work hours, Payslips are hard to understand and unorganised
New management insists that some employees are Permanent Part-TIme but would prefer to remain on casual rates. There has been a shift of cultural awareness and not always a reflection of rewarding hard work.
Pros
Seem to be more organised.
Cons
I would like more hours/days.
First they will assure that you'll get enough shifts after that they will hardly give you 2 shifts a week. This created a problem for me to survive in Sydney. Please don't apply here.
Terrible management, unorganised and provides the cheapest equipment possible.

Heavily focused on rushing staff and will fire employees without hesitation.

Often cuts your hours in the payroll, thus underpaying the employee.

Very little hours provided.
cleaning ,dusting check the room clean it properly vacuuming the room teamwork is the key to success we work in a team hardest part of the job is we are tired easily
Pros
free lunch
Cons
few hours
No job security, wages are low, not many working hours & very hard work & management is not very friendly. What you see on video’s about the job isn’t real & work places are very untidy.
The job is good, rates are medium, but the worst part is the management.
Enjoyable part of the job is the free food and snacks at occasions.

Downside is the poor management, very lazy and very unorganized. Lacks compassion and care.
Pros
Wage is alright, free snacks at occasions
Cons
No advancement in career, poor management, no job security
La política no era mala y exigentes en el trabajo.Muy pulidos. Siempre buscando el confort del huésped.
Pros
salario
Cons
No respetar el horario acordado incialmente
Excellent team environment. Super hard work but great support if you're up for the challenge of competing with yourself every day!
most of the work was individual but each time we had briefing it was good to interact others.my work place was culturally divers we had cultural each month
Pros
recognition of varse cultura
Cons
no job security
A very good exercise for we worked in a fast-paced environment
Learn to work as a team

cooperate with the management

Some friendly workers

The Hardest part of the Job is you will skip meals to be able to finish early within the given time frame

The Most enjoyable part of the Job is being able to know true friends and so thankful for being them a part of my everyday life and put a memories that I will always treasure.
Pros
free lunches sometimes