Silver Chain
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Silver Chain Employee Reviews

Australia49 reviews
I was given the opportunity to consolidate all of my clinical skills in a clinic environment before transiting to working independently in the community. Whilst working under pressure due to staff limits, i did enjoy my work environment, however I did find some of my work colleagues struggling with their work load. Sometimes my round would have up to 22-25 visits. Impossible to complete. As I would be happy to see 12 clients comfortably to ensure holistic care was being provided. SC did however increase TOIL and annual leave prior to my leaving which was welcomed by all staff. I would work for SC again, as I did enjoy the structure and learning environment and continued ongoing updates and training.
Every day is different look forward to seeing clients and at the end the smile on there faces and the staff are friendly .If you need help they are there to help you
An organised service Provider. Effective use of teams as direct care workers get to work in an area and do less driving. Employee safety is taken seriously too.
a manager that that is clueless at managing people rules with an iron fist
supresses workers from expressing their concerns and is down right vindictive.
Excellent interview process and training. Friendly staff and love visiting the clients. However cannot get enough hours as a casual worker. Wasn’t offered permanent part time even though others were offered and I had applied. I think they employ too many people. Disappointed I worked so hard to get the job only to not get enough shifts. Going to have to look elsewhere if things don’t improve in the new year.
I enjoyed my time at This job and found the staff supportive. The computer system was a bit daunting and complicated. I would recommend this company to other nurses.
Quiet clique. The few nice staff were overshadowed by the culture. Support was lacking and one felt under the pump while office staff left early etc.
Ongoing professional development is provided. Other benefits include salary sacrafice, the ability to work regular days (sometimes school hours) or evenings if preferred. An autonomous job within a team for support. Occasionally, as with all things, you may come across a non-teamplayer and you end up with a heavier workload. .
Great to meet very appreciative patients and to be able to offer care either in their own home or at a remote clinic. The work balance is poor as you often have to work over the allocated hours per patient
Excellent training provided, excellent Team Leaders, strive to be leaders in community care, able to meet interesting people of different ages, hardest part of the job can be the roads (other drivers)
Pros
Excellent training opportunities
Cons
Some challenges can happen
Going to see new and regular client.
Every one is different and appreciative.

Good management

Multi culture work place.

Seeing client unwell and struggling.

Putting a smile on clients face and being appreciated for what you do.
Nice place to work but can’t get the hours to make a decent wage the hours fluctuate to much from day to day makes it hard to budget on low wage had to find another job
Pros
Nice clients and rewarding work
Cons
Can not get enough hours for a decent wage
Everyday is different and enjoyable. work location suits me and I like to be kept busy.
Silverchain has the capability of advancement.

We travel to many different areas and everyone at work is friendly and helpful.
Good company to work for if wanting permanent location. good staff, good managers, good pay, good education, good clients.

No transfer program nor care between locations has lowered my opinion of this company.
Pros
good pay, good clients, good work, good managers
Cons
No transfer between franchises.
It is the old adage, the harder you work, the more work you get. Its a bit of a catch 22.

The work can be mundane and uninteresting but you do meet nice people (your clients) and develop a friendly workplace. You are sometimes working in non-air conditioned houses during the summer season which is difficult.

Renumeration is a little on the low side, but you can salary sacrifice and save a lot in taxes.
Pros
Salary Sacarifice
Cons
Must carry and use work phone everywhere
this was one of my best jobs ever.
team was always polite and fun to work with.

management approachable always.

ensuring we always found time to keep up competencies
Pros
also felt like a valued team member
Cons
Unfortunately it took the fact that they wouldn't hire more staff and instead pushed us to work more (no extra pay) for me to realise they don't care about their staff and instead care about the dollar amount.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice
Cons
My time with Silver Chain was a rewarding one. The clients I saw were usually elderly and alone, all they really wanted was company and someone to be with them, tell their life stories and experiences, just someone that didn't make them feel utterly useless. My time again at Morrison Lodge was very similar, and I loved spending time with elderly and hearing about the past.
Pros
Feeling wanted
Cons
Leaving them and then their eventual passing
positive environment always learning of ways to do things better management very supportive, workplace culture to do your best hardest part of job is losing clients, most enjoyable was to make someone smile
Working at Silver Chain is great. I've been there for a bit over ten years. I love working in the community because I believe that with the right support older people and people with disabilities have the right to live in the community. I do my best each and every visit to create a positive atmosphere and provide a high standard of care. Silver Chain supports me to do so with training and good support.
Pros
Working in the community.
Cons
None!
Great job, with opportunity to build a team of staff to provide all required care and home tasks for clients living within their own home.
Unfortunately it is mostly working out of the car, with very little time in office for required documentation and staff performance meetings.