Silver Chain Employee Reviews

Management dont care about their staff
Resource Coordinator Bunbury and Osborne Park WA (Current Employee) –  Osborne Park WA17 October 2018
Unfortunately it took the fact that they wouldn't hire more staff and instead pushed us to work more (no extra pay) for me to realise they don't care about their staff and instead care about the dollar amount.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice
Great culture
Home care package Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 August 2018
Great work colleagues & managers.
Great company culture and work environment, everyone is very helpful and dedicated to helping others.
In 7 months there has not been one day i have regretted coming to this company.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Long hours but flexible
Work independently
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East Perth WA1 January 2018
There is no one on your back pushing you employees have to work independently and be responsible. Quick to judge and report any hazard to your and your team.
Pros
Pay for km
district nursing
District Nursing Clinical nurse (Former Employee) –  Perth12 October 2017
I worked here for 9 years as a district nurse doing home assessment to provide care packages to keep people in their homes. Wound care was also a big part of our daily work load. Providing equipment and educating carers in the safe use of such equipment. Staff safety awareness was an ongoing concern re road traffic accidents and animals in the home. I also had experience preforming staff apraisals
For the last few years I was weekend team leader.
Pros
meeting people in their home environment
Cons
last minute sick calls
This used to be an amazing company to work for but has seriously declined in the last 2 years. The corporate culture is terrible.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 August 2017
This place has a shocking workplace culture in head office. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Unstable working environment with redundancies ongoing.
Pros
Supporting staff out on the front line delivering amazing services
Cons
Managers with no people or business skills
Duties
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 August 2017
I really enjoyed this job it was caring for high care clients, that was a great challenge but the people made it easy with their lovely personalities.
Pros
Cons
needed more time for high care
Enjoyable, and great to work in a team enviroment
Home Help Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany WA6 August 2017
I started at 6.30am and didn't finish until 5.30pm, but i didn't mind the long hours as i did long hours on the mines prevously. I learned about looking after the people of ages and helped them with every day house hold chores.Management is a good asset to have as it can help on the job,
Great organisation, flexible hours to promote work and life balance and very good culture
Strategy Implementation Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2017
Silver Chain is an amazing organisation helping thousands of people with health care issues. Always looked forward to going to work, not only because I loved what I did, but having the right manager and team driven by the same set of values, made work enjoyable. I worked there for 5 years and was continuously presented with development and growth opportunities, I had 4 roles in 5 years. I am a people person so thoroughly enjoyed building strong relations and collaborations, to get the work done and have positive outcomes. I loved my role as it gave me that opportunity to meet, engage and form collaborations for projects, getting ownership to responsibilities, finding solutions to issues and seeing projects through to successful end. I love challenges and that is what my last two roles provided.
Pros
Health and Wellness programmes, flexible working hours, working from home options, salary packaging benefits and good salary
Cons
Cannot think of any
Very supportive company
CARE AIDE PROVIDER (Current Employee) –  Mandurah WA20 February 2017
Silver Chain is so supportive of both staff and clients. I truly love working for the team I'm in! I'd recommend to anyone who wanted to get into this industry to try for this company.
Rewarding role
RN Palliative Care (Former Employee) –  Brisbane North QLD14 January 2017
I have worked within Palliative care for some 8 years. I enjoy what the role has to offer, giving challenges in enabling me to hone my patient assessment skills according to their individual need
Pros
Penalty Rates and Good Salary Sacrificing
Cons
Some inconsistencies in work practices (changing often)

Want to know more about Silver Chain?

Ask a question
fun place to work in
care worker (Former Employee) –  Perth w.a3 November 2016
I loved working and helping out the clients with in their homes, the management was good and supportive, the only downfall was having to use my own car
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
no cons
a wonderful team of proffesionals all working at high standard but with a relaxed approach.
Home help (Former Employee) –  Collie WA22 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working as a Silver Chain Home help. I learnt many skills and concepts of life. I felt very honored to be part of such wonderful staff and collegues all friendly caring and proffesional.
Pros
paid courses phone system for timesheet management
I love the hours and work load.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Northern Central Perth16 September 2016
I look forward to meeting my clients and helping them stay independent while living in their own home. It's great to be appreciated and all my clients love to have a coffee/tea and a chat. I learn a lot from my elderly clients and I have gained great respect for them.
Busy and Productive Company
Head of Administration (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 November 2015
Silver Chain Group is a great company to work for with excellent leaders and hardworking staff. Now a National Not for Profit Organisation, I am pleased and proud that I was involved in some of the work that went behind in the expansion.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
Long Hours
quiet,peaceful,content.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  WA14 September 2015
identifying real people,caring for others,learning my capabilities.
the hardest part of my job was organizing novels into their right places.My co-workers were professional at all times.The most enjoyable part of the job at that time was decorating the office at Christmas time.
Pros
learning
Cons
not enough air conditioning in the summer time.
A high pressure and stressful position!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maddindton 61099 September 2015
Normally a 6.30am start to organise rosters for our drivers for the day's deliveries and equipment pick ups of relevant medical equipment (eg electric hospital beds) for palliative care clients.
Monitor the cleaning and maintenance of our medical equipment for occupational and safety requirements. As National Purchasing Officer I was responsible for the investigation, pricing and acquisition of bio medical equipment for our home care and medical staff. In addition, I was responsible for the annual servicing and calibration of said equipment held by our clinics and staff throughout Western Australia. The work load was too much for one person and necessitated me working long hours to fulfil the requirements of the position. Numerous requests for assistance were ignored and seemed to fall on deaf ears!
The most rewarding part of my position was assisting our palliative care clients through an often sad and difficult time dealing with the inevitable loss of a loved one.
Pros
That I brought some sunshine and hope into the homes of our palliative care clients.
Cons
Long hours, poor salary and little assistance.
I achieved great skills working with Silverchain
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Maddington Western Australia7 June 2015
My most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients.I enjoyed working as a care aid for silver chain.I learnt alot of skills working my role as a nursing assistant.I achieved skills working in high care,personal care,respite care,social support,working in the field the disabled was my highest achievement
Pros
social support
Cons
challenging
Disgusting
Resource Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bunbury5 March 2015
The atmosphere was absolutely appalling where I was based. I was an Resource Co-Ordinator.I ended up leaving during my Probationary Period as the lack of respect to everyone in the business, everyone critising everyone behind everyone's back, there is no support, never any laughs, never any positive feedback (only negative). This is NOT the environment you would ever want to work in.
Pros
What a Joke!!!
Cons
Where do I start???
Very client focused. Great team environment. All staff very supportive.
FULL TIME 2008 - PAR TIME 2011 (Current Employee) –  Perth Wa19 January 2015
I work in the community as a Hospice/Palliative Care Aide, I have been for 6 years. I work autonomously but with great backup and support by staff, management and admin. S/C is very focused on the Holistic Well Being of clients and staff. I love this work as I find it an honour and privilege to help care for the individual and their families in their final journey.
Pros
Everything - even a car
Cons
Wet weather driving
Happy times and very rewarding
Care aide (Former Employee) –  Geraldton, WA8 October 2014
Visiting my first client all personal care attended too, chat and coffee, made sure client was safe and happy, then drove to my next client and performed tasks that were in care plan, continued to visit all clients on my round that day.
Finalised my day by emailing my time sheet, in the event of a hazard or danger occurred during the day I would contact my co-ordinator.
Pros
Happy Clients
Cons
Sickness