Silver Chain Employee Reviews

Management dont care about their staff
Resource Coordinator Bunbury and Osborne Park WA (Current Employee) –  Osborne Park WA17 October 2018
Unfortunately it took the fact that they wouldn't hire more staff and instead pushed us to work more (no extra pay) for me to realise they don't care about their staff and instead care about the dollar amount.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice
Great culture
Home care package Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 August 2018
Great work colleagues & managers.
Great company culture and work environment, everyone is very helpful and dedicated to helping others.
In 7 months there has not been one day i have regretted coming to this company.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Long hours but flexible
Great organisation, flexible hours to promote work and life balance and very good culture
Strategy Implementation Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2017
Silver Chain is an amazing organisation helping thousands of people with health care issues. Always looked forward to going to work, not only because I loved what I did, but having the right manager and team driven by the same set of values, made work enjoyable. I worked there for 5 years and was continuously presented with development and growth opportunities, I had 4 roles in 5 years. I am a people person so thoroughly enjoyed building strong relations and collaborations, to get the work done and have positive outcomes. I loved my role as it gave me that opportunity to meet, engage and form collaborations for projects, getting ownership to responsibilities, finding solutions to issues and seeing projects through to successful end. I love challenges and that is what my last two roles provided.
Pros
Health and Wellness programmes, flexible working hours, working from home options, salary packaging benefits and good salary
Cons
Cannot think of any
A high pressure and stressful position!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maddindton 61099 September 2015
Normally a 6.30am start to organise rosters for our drivers for the day's deliveries and equipment pick ups of relevant medical equipment (eg electric hospital beds) for palliative care clients.
Monitor the cleaning and maintenance of our medical equipment for occupational and safety requirements. As National Purchasing Officer I was responsible for the investigation, pricing and acquisition of bio medical equipment for our home care and medical staff. In addition, I was responsible for the annual servicing and calibration of said equipment held by our clinics and staff throughout Western Australia. The work load was too much for one person and necessitated me working long hours to fulfil the requirements of the position. Numerous requests for assistance were ignored and seemed to fall on deaf ears!
The most rewarding part of my position was assisting our palliative care clients through an often sad and difficult time dealing with the inevitable loss of a loved one.
Pros
That I brought some sunshine and hope into the homes of our palliative care clients.
Cons
Long hours, poor salary and little assistance.
Rewarding role
RN Palliative Care (Former Employee) –  Brisbane North QLD14 January 2017
I have worked within Palliative care for some 8 years. I enjoy what the role has to offer, giving challenges in enabling me to hone my patient assessment skills according to their individual need
Pros
Penalty Rates and Good Salary Sacrificing
Cons
Some inconsistencies in work practices (changing often)
Well organised
Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA18 June 2013
Early start
How to make people feel comfortable.
Good managment
Co-workers kind
Cleaning up!
Lessoning peoples hardship.
Pros
Always uplifting support
Cons
Low salary
A great place to work
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Perth WA11 April 2018
Working at Silver Chain is great. I've been there for a bit over ten years. I love working in the community because I believe that with the right support older people and people with disabilities have the right to live in the community. I do my best each and every visit to create a positive atmosphere and provide a high standard of care. Silver Chain supports me to do so with training and good support.
Pros
Working in the community.
Cons
None!
Work independently
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East Perth WA1 January 2018
There is no one on your back pushing you employees have to work independently and be responsible. Quick to judge and report any hazard to your and your team.
Pros
Pay for km
Cons
Enjoyable, and great to work in a team enviroment
Home Help Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany WA6 August 2017
I started at 6.30am and didn't finish until 5.30pm, but i didn't mind the long hours as i did long hours on the mines prevously. I learned about looking after the people of ages and helped them with every day house hold chores.Management is a good asset to have as it can help on the job,
This used to be an amazing company to work for but has seriously declined in the last 2 years. The corporate culture is terrible.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 August 2017
This place has a shocking workplace culture in head office. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Unstable working environment with redundancies ongoing.
Pros
Supporting staff out on the front line delivering amazing services
Cons
Managers with no people or business skills
district nursing
District Nursing Clinical nurse (Former Employee) –  Perth12 October 2017
I worked here for 9 years as a district nurse doing home assessment to provide care packages to keep people in their homes. Wound care was also a big part of our daily work load. Providing equipment and educating carers in the safe use of such equipment. Staff safety awareness was an ongoing concern re road traffic accidents and animals in the home. I also had experience preforming staff apraisals
For the last few years I was weekend team leader.
Pros
meeting people in their home environment
Cons
last minute sick calls
Busy and Productive Company
Head of Administration (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 November 2015
Silver Chain Group is a great company to work for with excellent leaders and hardworking staff. Now a National Not for Profit Organisation, I am pleased and proud that I was involved in some of the work that went behind in the expansion.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
Long Hours
Stable employment
Infrastructure Support (Current Employee) –  Osborne Park, WA9 September 2014
A stable job that is very secure.
Unfortunately the company has developed a culture in recent years that has become more focused on staff politics than completing work tasks.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Staff politics
Duties
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 August 2017
I really enjoyed this job it was caring for high care clients, that was a great challenge but the people made it easy with their lovely personalities.
Pros
Cons
needed more time for high care
very rewarding
Carer (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA10 August 2014
a very rewarding career working and caring for the elderly in their own homes .good support network.
Pros
meeting and caring for a variety of people from different backgrounds
Cons
working by yourself is hard sometimes
a wonderful team of proffesionals all working at high standard but with a relaxed approach.
Home help (Former Employee) –  Collie WA22 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working as a Silver Chain Home help. I learnt many skills and concepts of life. I felt very honored to be part of such wonderful staff and collegues all friendly caring and proffesional.
Pros
paid courses phone system for timesheet management
fun place to work in
care worker (Former Employee) –  Perth w.a3 November 2016
I loved working and helping out the clients with in their homes, the management was good and supportive, the only downfall was having to use my own car
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
no cons
Very challenging work place
Senior Allied Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, WA3 April 2014
Typical day would be that you started the day with reading emails and planning the staff's schedules as well as sorting out any staff or patient complaints or queries. Then later in the day I'll evaluate some patients and work out some rehabilitation programs etc. I was left without top management and supervision for a few months and needed to find my own feet in the company. This was the hardest part of working for the company. Most enjoyable part was seeing how the team grew in confidence and effectiveness under my leadership.

My co-workers or staff under me were quite a challenging bunch as they all had quite difficult and demanding personalities and needed to be managed effectively.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Challenging work place
Very client focused. Great team environment. All staff very supportive.
FULL TIME 2008 - PAR TIME 2011 (Current Employee) –  Perth Wa19 January 2015
I work in the community as a Hospice/Palliative Care Aide, I have been for 6 years. I work autonomously but with great backup and support by staff, management and admin. S/C is very focused on the Holistic Well Being of clients and staff. I love this work as I find it an honour and privilege to help care for the individual and their families in their final journey.
Pros
Everything - even a car
Cons
Wet weather driving
it was a productive job and rewarding
home help (Former Employee) –  perth5 July 2012
a typical day would be greet a clinent in their home ask them how they where and how their day was so far ask if there was any thing they would like me to help with, i would carry on with my duities but still chat away to them as i might be the only face they see on that day. if i had time i would take time and share a few moments with them and have a chat and a cup of tea.
Pros
just to make some feel good and smile
Cons
some time sad to leave them on their own