Sinclair Knight Merz Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Drafting Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 February 2017
The role at SKM was enjoyable and leant a lot from them. Was a short stint there but achieved many small goals.
Wasn't employed by them as I decided to continue my education.
Used to be agreat company to work for.
PROJECT QUALITY COORDINATOR & AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 February 2016
Company which recognised and encouraged talent, regardless of level of education.

Company which respected their employees and clients.
Great place to work. Solid ethical and staff focussed management.
Integration & Assurance Manager, Mining & Metals (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD16 November 2015
A very professional company with an extremely experienced management team leading engineering design and project management fields.
Plenty of scope for advancement in this company and a strong desire to train and maintain productive and loyal staff.
Pros
Great company that was staff as well as project focussed.
Cons
My ro, le meant I was away from home travelling to project sites often.
Enjoyable workplace, relaxed managment culture.
Civil Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Vic20 May 2015
A self directed drafting position. Great location in the CBD.
Very good place to work. Good social enviroment. Office well equipt with up to date technology.
Pros
Access to good coffees downstairs.
Great company to work for with good leadership
Regional HSEC Manager (Capital and Major Projects) (Former Employee) –  Perth14 April 2015
Many areas of involvement when going through different stages of major project from a study phase to design and engineering phase. A great team to work for, management supported HSE
Jacobs team learning
Catering and Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth Airport, WA5 April 2015
We have such a wonderful team at Jacobs team learning centre, we all look out for each other and in a professional manner.
We start at 6am and go till 4.30 pm, we have so many participants coming though our doors each day as we do inductions for mine sites. We cater for them morning tea , lunch and afternoon tea.
We have a coffee machine and tea facilities available for them.
I also do admin in the morning signing the participant in and do then catering from 8.30 till 3pm.
I love the challenge it gives me the goodness to want to come to work here everyday and when we are busy i look forward to the days at work.
Our team is very professional and well organised centre.
Interesting work environment
Project Assistant for Windows (Former Employee) –  Perth CBD24 May 2014
IT area was new to me, so everyday I was learning new things.
Colleagues were very helpful and I enjoyed every moment that I spent in SKM.
Excellent learning role with challangeing tasks
Senior QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA28 March 2014
Excellent opportunity to exercise newly developed management skills.
Great people, great company
Mechanical/Structural Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW19 March 2014
Had some fantastic learning experiences, design set-out, 3D Modelling with Green and Brown Field jobs.
Pros
Great exposure to EPCM's
Cons
Work ran out
Supportive company who allow you to use initiative and act on it
Health & Safety Advisor for South Australia (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, SA26 February 2014
With safety, no two days are the same. The work is unpredictable and at times frustrating but always rewarding. I leave at the end of each day knowing that I have put my all in to the days work. I have learned a lot about the way in which people learn and that you cant just deliver training in one way. I have learned to run a gap analysis when there are failings and that quite often the failings are as a result of something that the business has not put in place. The hardest part of the job is not being able to understand some peoples attitude when it comes to safety, the most enjoyable part is when attitudes are changed.
Pros
People and support by the company
Cons
General frustrations
Well repersented
Survey Assistant /Technician (Former Employee) –  WA27 January 2014
Specialised survey audit team across multiple projects
with the latest precision equipment.
Pros
latest precision equipment
Cons
Huge overheads
High achieving environment, good mentors but high energy required
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Australia16 May 2013
Overall a good work environment with efforts made to provide benefits and small perks. Mid-level staff often given a lot of responsibility and left to 'sink or swim' with projects. More support from senior staff needed to develop younger staff's understanding of our technical areas and client needs.
Good global reach however tend to work in regional silos.
Best part of the job has been field work in places all over Australia, and the ability to transfer from globally between offices.
Hardest part of the job was breaking through the local barriers as many people have been at the company or in the city for many years and established networks and groups exist which can be hard to join. Go in with an open mind and don't be afraid to change the way things have always been.
Pros
Performance related bonuses annually, free fruit at work and fairly flexible hours
Cons
Often expected to work longer hours, recognition and rewards throughout the year not great
Great if you're a senior
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, Perth, Australia13 March 2013
Great company to be poached by. Not so great if you're starting out as a junior, as you're just another low cost resource (no hope to advance).
Productive with high standards
Site Contracts Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cape Lambert Project, WA8 May 2012
Busy project, hard work environment. Business process and systems not as good as they could be. Felt to be a valued employee.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
10 hr days