Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital

22: Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

My experience is great

Pleasant and easy mannered staff.Learnt all aspects of workplace with help from friendly staff.Management were open and approachable.Staff are always pleasent and smiling.Travel from Baldivis is pretty full on but i use public transport which is very accessible.Always grateful to have a great place to work with great people.

Not enjoyable

It wasn't a great place to work. I had a pushy boss, making to do one thing to another. It was rough with the other staff members. I also couldn't finish my job cause everyone was behind my back.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

4 hours

All right

All is good. No work pressure . We have to work freely.all staff are like family. They treat as friends. My management is pretty good. Thank you for selecting as your worker

Be more flexible

When there’s a need to slow pace due to illness or personal matters to be more kind professional and ethicality kindness takes you to a better Management and better restrain the service provided.

flexiable and friendly

If the job offer cames again would go back and work there. A lot of pressure though gained new skills and meet new staff and people worked with nursed and doctors.

Excellent work culture and got trained extremely well!

Excellent training provided and the team was so nice and helpful! Always had a buddy programme when get trained. After the training period confident of the job.

Organising and completing clinical trial documentation for 3 specific clinical trials undertaken with pharmaceutical sponsors. • Conduct and manage clinical trials • Working alongside Clinical Research Nurses and other members of the trials team to support them in data collection and trial management. • Preparing for patients visit by printing template adding the information what the need doing on the day preparing for each of the cycles, ready to put into the folder, for nurses • Regular communication with doctors and nurses’ • Filing, photocopying, scanning, emailing, faxing and posting letters to patient’s • Email correspondence to patients and liaising to book future appointments • Prepare for monitor visits • Handling confidential patient information • Entering patients updated information after each visit on to the database

Very rewarding place to work

Excellent tertiary hospital The Social Workers within the hospital work with the patient, the family, carers and the health care team to: Assess, plan and coordinate safe discharge, linking the patient and family/carers with relevant community support services. Provide coordination of the patient journey on the pathway to aged residential care and Transition Care. Provide short term intervention and referral for psycho-social issues which are a barrier to treatment and discharge, including family and domestic violence.

Pros

Excellent tertiary hospital

Productive workplace

Learned dealing with multicultural colleagues at work. Importance of using the proper chemicals in cleaning. Proper training provided to upgrade employees skills.

Productive and Hardworking Teams with Values.

SCGH is great place to work with a fast pace work load, competitive employment and the potential to succeed in all aspects of the service include staffs professional development.

Pros

Positive Energy and a Happy work environment

Cons

Parking Limits and Cost

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital?

show director

acting singing filming editing all showbiz stuff creating character's helps developing speech getting along with others be a leader and settling behaviours in culture peoples skills

Pros

leading the way

Great team environment

My time in this particular hospital was most enjoyable and particularly the last seven years working with an amazing team in the Breast Centre at this hospital caring for patients, answering inquiries and receiving patients to the clinic. I only left his position as we moved down South to Bunbury to be closer to family.

Pros

Great team to work with.

Work summary

Great support for tertiary hospital, variety of wards, specialities, MAGNET accredited, support ongoing learning and intrahospital programs. Wonderful place.

Teaching hospital with excellent support

Giod government hospital to work with. Friendly staff and nanagement to work as a team. Certainly gained competent skills in looking after patients both meducal and surgical setting.

Pros

Teaching hospital

Cons

Nil

Very busy, productive and can have a very stressful work environment

A very busy hospital environment, under staffed and risk both to patient and clinicians providing health care. A well rounded hospital and very Educational to all clinicians from student to professionals.

Pros

Government benefits

Cons

Stressful work Environment

Metropolitan tertiary hospital

Challenging and busy major hospital with large medical and non medical workforce. Worked as junior doctor in intern and first resident year. Overall good workplace culture and support for junior doctors. Hardest part of job - long hours and stress. Most enjoyable part of job - working in a team and constantly interacting with people, both colleagues and patients.

Client and family focussed place

Typical day: I see clients who are trying to reintegrate back into society post head injuries. I have learnt to task manage, focus and find the sources to go to when I need to. My co-workers are absolutely brilliant!! Hardest part- the insurmountable amount of paperwork! Best: Making a difference in the client's lives!

Fantastic opportunity to gain knowledge

Unfortunately working contract to contract is stressful. I would like a solid/ permanent position. This employer made it difficult to instill the confidence needed to continue momentum to strive for higher standards.

Pros

Salary packages

Cons

uncertainty of re employment

Busy work environment with plenty of learning opportunities

Working in an acute patients setting can be quite heavy most of the times but also provides ample of opportunities to learn new procedures. Rotating roster adjustments can be a bit difficult at times, particularly for those who hav school going children.

Pros

Can gain excellent clinical experience.

Cons

Long working hours with rotating shifts

good social club and gym

A friendly place to work, can be busy, co workers take advantage of sick pay which leaves the department short staffed often.

Pros

tea room with tv

Cons

long commute time

Great team ethic and morale...

A typical shift in the catering department requires me to start at 530am set up the plating for my fellow workmates, for them to start plating for breakfast for the patients in the morning, making sandwiches for renal patients.rest of the day in the washroom washing patients trays and other general kitchen duties as required..I don,t have any problems with management or my co-workers as i am a bit of a talker and like communicating,.the hardest part of my job is that i have to leave my job, the most enjoyable part of my job is making patients laugh and having a positive attitude.

Pros

Making a patient's day.

Cons

Rudeness of patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital with