Skechers Employee Reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 1,345 reviews
Loved the staff, hated management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Western Melbourne VIC23 February 2019
This was by far my favourite job! The vibe of the store and the people I worked with were fantastic. The incentives were great and it was overall a fun environment.
However, once we recieved a new 2IC who later turned into our manager, I hated this job. Not only did she bully me but would talk badly about me to other members of our team. I couldnt even speak to higher management as they would all suck up to eachother and be extremely bias and catty (If your store manager didnt like you, neither would higher management.) I had to quit because of this manager who wouldnt even let me transfer stores.
Pros
Vibes, enviroment, incentives, pay
Poor senior management
Store manger (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 January 2019
Would NOT recommend anyone to work for this company unless you are a young student looking for casual work. For anyone looking for full time work and job security this is not the company for you. You would get paid the same if not more being a check out chick at a large retailer than working yourself hard every day with no team recognition or appreciation. It also has the highest turn over of employees than any other small retailer. (Says it all) a very sink or swim business with tight knit selected groups.
Pros
40% team member discounts
Cons
No training provided
Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Australia15 January 2019
Terrible company, no support from any management, the staff turnover is ridiculous. Nothing good to say about my time with skechers. Waste of time and employment
Pros
Cons
High staff turnover, no support from management
fun, good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD5 January 2019
good work environment, gave me valuable experience with customer service. really nice co-workers and cool shoes. really good way of saving money for uni
Pros
good environment
Cons
not enough hours
Christmas Casual position
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Watergardens VIC23 October 2018
I was there holding a Christmas casual position from December 2016 to January 2017. The process itself to get the position was very long, having to call Skechers multiple times throughout the whole process. Actually getting the job was simple. I started at the Highpoint store before moving to the (then) newly opened Watergardens store. After my contract was over, I was thereby dismissed.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
No/limited break
Definitely a fun workplace with friendly and accommodating staff.
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW6 August 2018
A typical day at work was primarily spent cleaning and re-organizing the store unless a customer walked in.

During the holidays was particularly hectic but the organisational skills as well as teamwork of the staff members always assisted in keeping ahead of the rush.
Productive and fun work place with a great team
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cairns City QLD17 May 2018
A typical day at Skechers is always fun, it goes really quick and you get so much done. I've learned how to lace a shoe properly, opertate a til, open the store, do a split payment, how to deal with customers and I've learned the different types and styles of shoes. The management is a ten out of ten. The hardest part of the job is at the back when you're looking for a specific shoe and it's been misplaced and you've got the customer waiting for a while. The most enjoyable part of the job is just rocking up and just getting to spend the day with an awesome and fun team, getting to meet new people and listening to music all day.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Nothing really
Terrible management, very high staff turnover
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2018
The management is absolutely terrible. There's no clear instructions or any form of support coming from higher ups, you're just required to know and learn things on your own. Theres also alot of gossip that goes round this company.

Shifts and hours given are based NOT on performance, but favouritism and how much the manager likes you (read other reviews). Myself and many other casuals have experienced this form of management and its awful. Their way of "sacking" you is by slowly cutting down your hours to 3-6 a week, forcing you to quit on your own.

As a staff you are also expected to buy work shoes at 40% off which comes down to around $70, and you're required to buy new ones every 2-3 months because of how quickly they get rid of stock. Once your store sends out the shoes that you wear for work, you basically can't wear them anymore and have to get new ones.

All in all, the company experiences a very high turnover rate of staff and poor management so there's pretty much no job security.
Pros
Good team vibe, decent pay
Cons
Favouritism, high turnover rate, expensive work shoes
Awesome place to work
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidstone VIC21 November 2017
Love working here, the staff and team are top notch! Skechers are changing the game, and are an absolute joy to be a part of. Definitely worth working for such an amazing organisation!
not great management, not enough shifts
retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC19 September 2017
- clean windows and shelves, serve customers

- learnt how to engage with people and how to sell

- didn't enjoy it because the store manager (chadstone) & area manager was really rude, even to customers as well (hardest part was dealing with them)
Pros
its not a hard job
Cons
30 mins break for the whole day
Not invested in their team
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 August 2017
I Never received any training, just expected to know everything, they bully and manipulated every manager i have seen go through that buisness. Only good thing is the people you have working for you and the 40% discount.
Pros
Store team
Cons
Higher management
NO work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 May 2017
As a manager you are required to work a lot of over time which only you will be blamed for as poor time management, the turnover is extremely high because the expectations are unrealistic.
A lot of favourism goes on via upper management.
Pros
staff discount at their other stores
Cons
almost everything else
Work is what you make it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Frankston VIC25 April 2017
I feel that each store is different Frankston team are amazing!
higher management is full on and give alot of feedback that you can learn and build from, but they are honest and sometimes it can be hard to hear.
moving up in this company is difficult and each position you will need to apply for when the time is right. each one will have its own ups and down like most retail jobs.
getting to a store manager role is great but going further is going to take alot of years and great figures day in day out.
Not what I was looking for
Store Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW22 January 2017
Communication within the company was quite poor and it made it difficult to understand what was required and what I could do for the company...

Team vibe was amazing and the company as a whole had a lot to offer. But communication with management was confusing for the whole team.
Fun working environment - Time for something new and exciting
Stock management (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham VIC21 November 2016
Scanning in stock
Preparing stock for sales
Refilling of shop
Keeping back room tidy
sending out stock

Over my time at this company there has been a high turnover of managers, but at this current point in time I have the best 2 managers possible plus a great fulltime & casual team
Not the best place to work
Full Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC24 October 2016
Not much support from Upper Management to succeed in your role. Very high staff turnover. Felt very intimidated by certain people in the company.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Company culture, no support, high staff turnover
Fast paced, customer focused, fun environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 April 2016
A typical day would include, opening, briefing the team, setting daily budgets and incentives then focusing on customer service,
I worked with the happiest, most motivated bunch of people i've ever had the pleasure of working with.
I learned how to take on more responsibility within the team, make sure the team were always ontop of everything, and staying on track to meet budget.

Hardest part of the job i would have to say customer complaints- although rare.
Most enjoyable part of the job- the customers.
skechers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 March 2016
fun times selling shoes and chatting with co-workers while getting the job done.

enjoy talking to customers and having a laugh while helping them pick out the perfect pair of kicks.
Fun Work Environment with a great team
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankston VIC3 February 2015
Working towards a budget goal each shift
Engaging with a great team of co-workers
Enjoying being able to interact with someone different each shift.