Slater and Gordon Lawyers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Slater and Gordon Lawyers Employee Review

Interesting Job, but not worth the insecurity of role

18 November 2018
I was employed as a New Client Sevices Consultant for 5 years and really enjoyed the position. Although the training provided by the company was minimal, each call that you take is different and also an opportunity to genuinely assist people that really need the help. The management structure is wishy washy at best and ever changing. If you had a question it always seemed best to sort it out with your own colleagues, instead of getting a vague answer from a ‘manager’. There always seemed to be rumours that the NCS positions would be moved offshore or reduced and moved to a single state - which is what eventually happened, along with the phasing out of different areas of law in the company.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Bad management
19 January 2017
Same location
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) - Perth WA
Low salary Slow career progression Poor management Employees often feel unappreciated The company is managed by the Eastern States and management in the West had no say
23 April 2020
Front of House Receptionist and Admin support (Former Employee) - Liverpool NSW
As professionals Slater and Gordon Lawyers is always confident of continue to deliver for our clients the best affordable legal service and help them through their own uncertainties. We have great tools to help each others at work and Assure Programs provide a broad range of services available for all employees. We also have a sequence of training sessions that offers to all staff to assist our well-being and managing our processes and activities. I have personally gained a lot of knowledge thru these sessions. We had our birthdays celebrated altogether in the boardroom regularly, watched the Melbourne Cup, never missed the Xmas festivities apart from the staff meetings. The hardest part of the job was seeing our vulnerable clients who were going thru the pain and hardship time. And the most enjoyable part was the witnessing their happy faces after wining the case with a life changing outcome.
Pros
Xmas Lunches, Birthday gatherings
16 January 2020
Junior Legal Assistant (Former Employee) - Preston VIC
Working at Slater and Gordon was a very rewarding experience. The people were very professional yet friendly and the overall vibe of the workplace was enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
N/a