Slater and Gordon Lawyers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Slater and Gordon Lawyers Employee Review

Least favourite law firm with lowest pay

19 January 2017
Low salary
Slow career progression

Poor management

Employees often feel unappreciated

The company is managed by the Eastern States and management in the West had no say
23 October 2019
Same role
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
I wouldn't work for them again put it that way, work hard but they don't care. If you weren't in their click then you were a nobody.
The salary was the best benefit, receiving decent pay increases every year but you had to jump through hoops to get it.
27 May 2019
Same role
Temporary Legal Assistant (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
I worked in the litigation team as a temp and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Training for a few days and easily grasped responsibilities. Excellent working environment and would recommend this firm to anyone.
18 November 2018
Same location
New Client Services (Former Employee) - Perth WA
I was employed as a New Client Sevices Consultant for 5 years and really enjoyed the position.
Although the training provided by the company was minimal, each call that you take is different and also an opportunity to genuinely assist people that really need the help.

The management structure is wishy washy at best and ever changing. If you had a question it always seemed best to sort it out with your own colleagues, instead of getting a vague answer from a ‘manager’.

There always seemed to be rumours that the NCS positions would be moved offshore or reduced and moved to a single state - which is what eventually happened, along with the phasing out of different areas of law in the company.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Bad management